Re-Start Grow #1

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SuperSaneStrain, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Here goes! I hope you like reading.

Well I ran into a liiiittle first world problem. I received too many good looking clones a few days back.
    The first round I only received 4: 2 John Sinclair skunk and 2 purple Grand daddy purp.
    First watering I fed them nutes. Not only did I divide wrong, so I ended up with more nutes I also fed them ph 4.6 water instead of 5.6. The skunk hated me. Turned all purple, fan leaves curled up, and leaves went purple. It's been 2-3 weeks now, no improvement no growth.
    I flushed them, and nothing. Not to mention I'm pretty sure I received the clones root locked in their tiny solo cups.
    NOW I received 1 holy grail, 3 gorilla glue, 1 J.s. skunk, and 3 purple train wrecks.
    I have 5 pots hooked up to hydro, 1 pot leftover, and bought 4 1/2 gallon pots today with FF ocean forest soil.
    I've only fed my new clones straight water that's gone through my kitchen filter pitcher(About 50ppm.)
    I transplanted 1 gorilla glue, and recupped the worst JS skunk(why am I keeping it? Idk I want to see it come back.) after transplanting I fed it a solo cup of water with 1 drop GH root booster and about 4 drops GH Floragro. I was also not liking the way the roots circled the bottom looking all bunched together, so I took off as much dirt as I could, and loosened those roots up a bit. I know that's gonna freak some people out, but it needed to happen. I also didn't feel or hear any roots of tear... Ok maybe 1 or 2 tiny ones, but it's surviving thus far.
    I will continue my setup and everything in the next post. I believe I'm all caught up now! Hooray you've reached the end of my short story, exhilarating right? Real edge of your seat type stuff

2. This is a hydro led grow setup bought off of growace.
    instead of listing I'll just upload a photo of the cart
    I also bought a thing of GH CALiMAGic because the perf pack didn't come with it, and I thought I may need it.

I also found 2 T5 lights in the garage. Idk if they're led, fluerescent, or what. I'm buying 4 new led light strips for that. GF gets them cheap, so I'm spending $10 on those 4 I threw one T5 in between the 2 led's for now being that I have extra clones in there too.
    Today I bought 4 1/2 gal containers, and a bag of fox farm ocean forest. I'm going to pot up the 4 best lookers, replace the old JS skunk with the new one, and go from there. Maybe build a lil grow room to keep extra plants in? Don't want to have too many plants in my 4x4 area for the whole grow.
    I'll just use the extra built room as a veg chamber.
    This is my first grow. Am I in over my head? Yes. Go big or go home personality, it's a real kick in the rear end sometimes.

Attached Files:

3. Gallery time! Yes, the LED lights make for bad pictures, I apologize

Attached Files:

4. Yeah baby. Go big or go home. I'll be following your grow. I'm starting my first grow as well. Although, I'll be growing in soil not hydro. I thought about it but decided soil is the way to go for now. Most likely, I will try out hydro in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I envy you simply because I wish I bought soil.. Not only could I have saved a few hundred bucks, but there isn't as much responsibility being that you don't have to worry about nutes as much.
    I actually plan on growing 4 separate pots in my tent using fox farms. Gotta See which ones do better! And just in case I mess up hydro I still have backup.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I probably won't use too many nutes. I am hoping to eventually go all organic. I'm looking into building a worm bin for the EWC. Also, I work at a restaurant and we throw away probably 200+ lbs of vegetable peels & scraps daily along with about 2000 egg shells. I also have access to a lot of lobster and crab shells too through the restaurant so, I'm going to do a huge compost bin.

7. Yeah when growing in soil nutes aren't really needed at all, unless the plant tells you it needs something.
    You're lucky with all those food scraps, sounds like you'll be loaded up in no time.
    The best deal I have for growing because of work is 4 led 5k T5 lights for $10... Idk how much of a deal it really is, but it sure sounds like one to me

Flush I did, I flushdid

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not looking too good still. Checking to see if it's a nute deficiency now since I've used up all other possibilities. From what I've been told, and my guess it's a phosph deficiency, so I fed 2 plants a good mix of that today. Gonna see how they react, and then other plants will follow in their feeding schedule

Flush I did, I flushdid

9. [​IMG]
    Such a sad excuse for a grow.. Really tripping and falling hard this grow

Flush I did, I flushdid

10. On the bright side I saved them from getting torn out by my raging hormonal girlfriend today.. So that's a plus. The temps shot up to 90 after she unplugged my fans. I thought I plugged everything back in until I could come back for them, but the fan plugs got lost in all the wiring behind the reservoir

Flush I did, I flushdid

• Like Like x 1
  11. 4x4 tent? Will fit 4 flowering plants, maybe 5. You may need to think about more room when those babies take off :biggrin: nice set up tho

12. Haha yeah really. I was planning on buying an 8x8 tent, and using that for flower.. Before this whole P deficiency happened. Now I'm just trying to save what I can.

Flush I did, I flushdid

13. The two in the back still look pretty perky
    Edit: back right and far left

14. Are you using any beneficial bacteria?

15. Yeah there are a couple that aren't as bad; I think those are jack Sinclair skunk.
    The beneficial bacteria is 0 over here. I just got some elite nutes today, but anything other than that nope. I've gone as far as putting some roots from a failing plant into the pot of a not so failing plant. That's about it

Flush I did, I flushdid

16. Try finding some great white or piranha or or some other kind of mycorrhizae. It will help a lot

17. My grow friend mentioned that when he was over! Now that you say something I'm definitely getting it. The whole fungus thing throws me off tho. I can't really use that in the coco since it's always wet

Flush I did, I flushdid

18. I use great white in my dwc you add it the first few weeks, once the colony is established in the roots you don't need to add any more

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]

I got this yesterday not even realizing it. I just got it as part of the nute set for elite. This has myco in it! Or at least is said to. How much I trust that it's true is minimal being that I don't know the product well enough[​IMG]

Flush I did, I flushdid