Re-pot = Sick Plant!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by google122, Apr 24, 2013.

1. #1 google122, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    So I was 1 month into veg and everything was going great. No health issues of any kind, everything was a perfect shade of green. The plant's roots were growing to big for its pot so I replanted it. Right off the bat everything went to shit. Growth stopped, lower leaves started to turn a yellow crispy brown and 1 has withered, 2 more looks like they're gonna go the same way and the stem is a reddish purple. I repotted using the same soil and everything. I read some diagnosis guides and got I have a Nitrogen deficiency. So I tried a few things. Worm casting, then I read from 3 places urine is rich in N so I watered it 5 parts water, 1 part urine last night. Didn't seem to do anything. I'm using a florescent light 1-3 inches from the top of the plant. I fan it off every hour so there's fresh air. Only think I think I did differently aftering repotting was a bit of overwatering at first, but soil is mostly dry by yesterdat. What should I do?

2. bump need help asap,

3. Urine? Sure its high in Nitrogen....also high in amonia

4. From what i've read that its fine if it's fresh, if you let is sit it produces ammonia. but idk. so far it hasn't effected it positively or negatively. also could it be my lights? i have a cfl 1.5" above it, should i move it away

5. Is this your first transplant?
    How much did you disturb the root ball during transplant?
    What kind of pots are you using?

I know that there are a lot a proponents of using urine as a plant nutrient. You should have stopped with the worm castings. If you are inexperienced with organic systems and do not know how to build your own soils, I WOULD NOT do this again. At this point, you've probably done more harm than good.

Your predicament is strange. While repotting will cause a plant stress from time to time, this reaction seems extreme. Can you think of anything that you've left out? Anything in your procedure that might be considered out of the 'norm'?

6. #6 google122, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    Second transplant. It's very odd because this plant is a trooper. I lost the seed for a while after it germinated, found it then planted it way too deep and somehow it survived. It also had termites early on which i quickly got rid of. this time while replanting (into a sterilized plastic juice container) i dropped the pot after it was completely in so there's that. it hasnt grown in almost a week and the lower leaves are slowly dying. its like 5.5 inches tall and has a few sets of leaves

7. OK. Just so I got this...

You planted in a plastic container (soft bodied?) and dropped it right after transplant? If that doesn't qualify as stress, I don't know what does! If your container lets any light through at all, you need to fix that situation. Wrap something around it to block the light.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cfl light, but STOP WATERING IT. In fact, do nothing to it. Don't mess with it, move, or touch it. LITFA! It's stressed as hell. And a 5.5" plant doesn't need that much water. How big is the juice container you put it in? Don't water until the soil is dry. And no urine!