Re: nute top off. Just base nutes?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OneDayJD, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Have a silly question. But this is my first hydro grow. I just flipped to 12/12 this weekend. I do res changes every 7-10 days with top offs in between. I'm running GH Flora bloom and micro. Also running silica blast, Sensizym, calmag, and have bud candy and bud ignitor for a sugar and top boost the first two weeks of flower. When I topped off during veg it was only the base nutes, i.e., I only put in more calmag sensi and silica when I changed the res. Continue that in flower? Just want to make sure I don't need to top off the sugar or top booster. Thanks.

2. I recommend topping off with only water, then ph it. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I don't recommend doing this.

It's entirely up to you what you top off with. you could either do just base nutrients, or you could do your full line. just prepare the right add back formula for it and you can do anything you want.

4. You can't tell at what rate the plant is using each nute . Therefore you may be adding something that may not be needed. What's the purpose of changing soup every week if you're dumpin shit in it all week? But like ya said, to each is own, but I grow with great success feeding dwc grows this way. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app