re-growing a plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Thebadguy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ok so i know a lady who thinks she knows all about growin the reefer. and she was saying she knows a guy who has plants GROWING outside right now. i live in PA and its like 20 out today and snowing. im pretty sure she said he grew them last year, took all the buds off at harvest and then just kept the stems and everything still there. and from what she says, it all is regrowing. and that he will have a harvest in spring and then another in fall.is she crazy or what? could plants grow outside right now? could u take everything off a plant and it will regrow?

2. That brod is full of shit.... You can Re-Generate a cannabis plant but conditions must be ideal. Some foliage(leaves) must remain on the plant to catch light and produce the sugars needed to sustain life. The light schedule must be 18-24 hours of constant light and temperature must be acceptable not to high or low which will cause stress and shock the plant preventing Re-growth of new Foliage and roots.

So it can be done, you can Re-Generate a cannabis plant but only Indoors with Ideal conditions and knowledge of the process.

3. yea thats what i thought, that shes full of shit. cuz its cold as hell out right now, and that story just didnt seem right. thanks 4 da help

4. Just thought i would step in here also incase anyone had any doubt about just 1 reply.
    I have also tryed to reveg a few plants, most of which failed (its quite hard to do believe it or not) and the two that did make it both were stressed and turned hermi on me anyway.
    Revegging a plant is alot of work, alot of risk with it turning hermi or full out male, and you also decrease your yeild greatly. I wouldnt even waste my time doing something like this honestly.
    As for the scinero of plants growing outside right now, i also live in PA and there is definatly nothing growing out there right now, granted we keep haveing days that are in the 60s and such, still there is frost on the ground during the night...

5. I live in fl and thsi week its been hot enough to wear shorts and a t shirt outside, think you could reveg some plants here?? : )

6. yea its really cold today, like 14. i agree, nothing is growing outside right now. the inside of the plant would be frozen. unless you feed it antifreeze,lol. an it would definatly be so stressed too. i did hear you can grow in fl in the winter time,but im not sure if thats true or not though. one would think the daylight hours bein short would mess something up. but i guess after the winter solstice the days do start getting longer