RE: Conservatives won Canada... AKA WE LOSE

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by whitekush, May 3, 2011.

1. Do any of you think the killing of bin laden had an effect? I know that it was American troops that did the killing, but Canada is part of the allied coalition and maybe the voters felt things were going well and didnt want to change it? I know conservatives were expected to win for a while, but it does make me wonder.

2. i voted NDP... this is fucking balls.. hello minimum jail time for simple possession.. and i guess i should GTFO grasscity as the canadian government will have surveillance on what we canadians do on the internet... fuck sake..

3. this,

bye guys, its been a pleasure.

time to join the ranks of the great yawbus and peace.

4. I voted NDP too, as did my friends. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

5. I think it’s tame to instate mandatory voting in Canada and the United States, if young people can’t be bothered to get up off the couch to vote maybe a swift kick in the ass will.

If all of these people can do it so can we. Compulsory voting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the only way I can see making the elections completely fair….along with moving to popular vote and scraping the Electoral College in the us for the prez elections. One person one vote.

6. .. Ya but I thought marijuana laws were deemed to harsh and they HAD to be revised even if appealed.. Maybe it'll be insanely easy to get a mmj card?

and Grasscity prob going to get banned in canada,

7. Mandatory voting is stupid, its not going to get people to get informed on the issues, there just gonna randomly fill in the ballot and not give a shit.

8. Ouch, the north american union sucks, all unions suck. Just a step closer to one world government.

9. Wow... I'm completely ignorant to this subject so all information I have is what I've read on this thread but damn. Sounds like another ignorant, greedy person wants in power.

Superjails? I don't know how prison system works in Canada but I know that in the US there is a big portion of the prisons that are privately owned. And these corporations that own them, make a lot of money doing so.

What was it, happens a lot I'm sure, but recently some politician was caught for having a bowl, I think an eighth of weed and was actually intoxicated while driving and he was all for the illegalization of weed even far so...

10. i voted something else.

man fuck this. i'm gonna make my own country!

11. I thought Canadians were smart? How did this happen, there has to be a reason the conservatives won, were the canadians previously angry with the liberals or whatever the other party is there?

12. Sorry Canada... you turn to deal with the conservatives. It honestly boggles the mind though... why? I thought the previous liberal governments were doing a fine job.

13. There go my emigration plans...

14. Yeah, shit sucks. :/ I don't know a single person who voted Conservative, everyone on facebook and everything is pissed, I wasn't really expecting this...

15. I agree with the scraping the Electoral College but mandatory voting lol... :rolleyes:

16. So far I've seen a lot of, "This is the end of the world, omg." Here is a thought, get your friends, get your parents, get your friends friends, get your parents friends, have them get their kids, have your entire fucking university and have simultaneous marches in every major city in canada to push for the legalization of pot. You guys should be able to scrunch up a million marchers... maybe.

17. The liberals were fucking horrible btw. Conservatives keep taxes low and kept our economy good. However, now they're in full control and were going to have some major conservative bullshit come up, not even just with weed. Stephen HERPer hates gay people too, wants to abolish gay marriage...

18. Technically they did not, only 40% did, however that 40% was critical enough in areas to award majority seats.

The NDP and Liberals screwed up big time by running two seperate fights IMO - This is what allowed Harper to sneak through. He SHOULD have been looking at another minority govt and forced resignation yet just like the American system, Canadas is deeply flawed and 60% of the voters (the majority) get fucked.

19. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Liberal-NDP merger in the coming years, assuming the Liberal party continues to lose influence or remain where it is.

20. You guys are naive if you think that a union between the US and Canada isn't inevitable.