Rdwc Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Calyx-o, May 16, 2018.

1. Thanks for following along, I've been growing for well over a decade and 90% of it has been in hydroponic systems, however this is my first recirculating system and its definitely been a learning experience! So here we go......

Seedlings were started with paper towel method

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Calyx-o, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Once sprouted they placed in 40 gallon system with four 5 gallon buckets an 18 gallon res, 400 gallons per hour return pump four 4 inch air stones and an industrial air pump 1000 watt metal halide 476 CFM 6 inch fan with the 15-pound carbon filter

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 Calyx-o, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Week 1 plain water ph to 6.0

Week 2 slight nutes were started 1 mls per gallon each ....flora series

Light reg, 18/6

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Week 3 2.5 grow 1 mil bloom 1 mil micro (water temp is 68f room temp 75f)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry if im posting this wrong,

Week 4
    Stats are same as above increased nutes

7mls grow 5mils micro 2 mls bloom (per gallon)

They are growing like wild fire

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Weeks 5 and 6

Nutes are same as above

Room temp 77f water temp 69f ph 6.0

The roots clogged 1 1/2" pipe and caused a slight nite burn, the 1 1/2" lead pipe along with 3/4" return pipe is way to small, 3 inch pipe would allow roots and water with out problem. Learning this the hard way

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Those are gorgeous!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you Grammy!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Very Nice Calyx

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thank you STIGGY

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. I'm in for the ride!! Always been curious about a RDWC. I'm running just bubbler buckets now. Looking good!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks grunt, tomorrow is ending week 6 starting 7 and time for a water change and fresh nutes, will update pics and info before installing a scrog

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice!! Do you change water weekly?

14. I'll be asking/watching on the SCROG too
    I'm manifolding this grow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Every 7 days, i could go longer but it helps keep water temps down to 67 or 68f

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I wish i would've taken pics before nute change, this strain is so damn sensitive to the smallest change, here they are starting week 7 of veg, stressed out from water change 20180518_143642.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I dont see the point in someone installing a trellis net that is flimsy with no tension, it serves no purpose, i use wire and p.v.c with zip ties 20180518_160033.jpg 20180518_160029.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Here is the scrog installed with some trimming and super cropping, the plant in the bottom right of the pic is a runt or deformed dummy but i have room so we will see what she does, im not really worried either way 20180518_165606.jpg

19. With a scrog installed vegging until every hole in the screen is filled is always the best plan of action, each hole will have a cola or top, the under growth will be lollypopped in a few days, i dont wanna stress them out any more than they are today.

• Like Like x 1