Raw food/Fasting Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by budsmokn420, Feb 19, 2012.

1. This thread is for anything related to the raw food lifestyle!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_UkJ1n2Cmw&feature=channel_video_title]WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DISEASE IN THE WORLD? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x718e7GMkQ4&feature=relmfu]WHY I CHOOSE TO STARVE MYSELF ~ WATER DIET DAY #9 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7-MYPOFPII&feature=relmfu]Raw Food Weight Loss 178 pounds! Dave the Raw Food Trucker VIDEO #9 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOdN8Kgd6Bg&feature=channel_video_title]PRIMAL DIET PALEO DIET AKA 126 SUPPLEMENTS A DAY DIET? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwWRJ8cDIH8&feature=related]DURIANRIDER: Q & A on sugar, sleep, frozen fruit & being under weight. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzNP9NEy5BE&list=UUJftmwxRlSY9S9GOE8fertQ&index=24&feature=plpp_video]Durianrider Interview - Reverse Chronic Fatigue, Crohn's Disease, Asthma, Depression, Hypoglycemia - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1c4J-h-CvU&list=UUJftmwxRlSY9S9GOE8fertQ&index=70&feature=plpp_video]100 Day Juice Feast Day 100 - Best Weight Loss Diet - YouTube[/ame]

2. i like eating cooked food. Raw food is good but i don't want to limit what i can eat so much.

Also i want to keep eating delicious grilled animal flesh.

3. ^ yea I understand that. This is the appreciation thread though, so keep it about raw food and positive :smoke:

4. I was off the wagon for a bit during the winter since it's tough to find good fruits and veggies during this time. I'm starting back up though and I'm easing back into it.

For breakfast I had a smoothie with about 10 dates, 2 bananas, and maybe 15 strawberries...added some water and blended it up. It filled the entire blender so maybe a liter of smoothie. That was late though, I drank it at around 1:30 since I didn't get up til noonish lol

Went and playing some basketball for a couple hours and now I'm gonna shower up and probably go for a nice big salad.

I haven't felt this great in awhile actually since this is the first day starting up the blender again. Such a difference in energy!

Peace :smoke:

5. bump...more people need to see this info!

6. I just started juicing yesterday. I'm hoping it'll clear up my acne.

7. Pick up dandelion greens if you haven't already. They are seriously amazing at clearing up acne. Add that your juice everyday and your face should be clear in 1-2 weeks. You'll notice a difference after a day or two...

If you keep up with juicing and continue to consume dandelion greens, any marks left behind from the acne could be gone within a month probably.

8. Is that exactly what they're called? Dandelion greens?

I'll look for them next time I pick up some more fruit and and veggies.

9. Yea, they may not be in a regular supermarket. You might wanna go to a produce store/farmer's market or a health food store. All those places will definitely have them. Some supermarkets may, but I'm not sure...it probably depends.

And depending on where you live, if its warm out, you can pick them in your backyard. It's the green leaves at the base of the yellow flower. I usually get mine from my backyard in the summer. The fresher the better :D

10. thank you op!!!

11. wow life changing youtube channel (durianriders). i thought eating a lot of fat was good to get your body to burn fat, especially since i am already at around 4% body fat. but he brings up good arguments. ima make a complete 180 degree turn in my diet starting now.

12. Does cookie dough count? I'll eat the fuck out of that.

13. That is not raw nor vegan...

But I'm sure you already knew that :smoke:

14. No Problem :wave:

Yea I love durianrider, he's hilarious lol

He can come off as a bit of a dick in some videos if you don't know him, but if you watch his serious videos with important people he acts very professional and gives great information.

My personal favorite is dan the man aka the LifeRegenerator lol

He gives a lot more very useful information and he is more realistic. He also has way more videos and most of them are very high quality and informational. If you need any info or recipes I would recommend his channel first. You'll grow to love him as a raw food educator, his philosophy on life, and his down to earth personality.

He doesn't do the 80/10/10 completely like durianrider. He focuses a lot more on the greens which I totally agree with.

I eat the 80/10/10 when I'm trying to feel lighter or if I wanna do a bit of cleansing, but when I'm just eating my balanced diet I like to keep more greens involved and I add more nuts and seeds and fatty veggies like avacadoes.

15. Tonight for dinner I had lettuce wraps. I used boston living lettuce for the wraps which I found at the produce store. It had the root still attached which I thought was awesome. The fresher, the better. All living plants are the best...

I didn't really have much else around so I threw in some peppers, onions, and some guacamole.

16. try cabbage wraps if you like spicey food
    can't wait to get summer garden going

17. meh not much of a fan of cabbage, although coleslaw is delicious haha

And same here man, I'm preparing for it now with my dad. 100% organic, non-gmo :smoke:

18. Meh not interested in recipes, I eat for function not for pleasure/culture. For example, my typical smoothie (now ex-smoothie since I'm turning my diet around) consists of apples, walnuts, cinnamon, raw cocoa, and water. I used to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar (half a jar a day, for a year and a half!). My only cooked food of the day is either rice, lentils, or black beans cooked in water with oregano and cumin. I would cut up raw lettuce, celery, and squash and mix it all together.

But I'm definitely up to more arguments on which sources of energy to aim for, and how to time the delivery of it.

19. Regular fasting is actually incredibly healthy for you.

Although I prefer to call it, Calorie Restriction

I enjoy talking about research that I've heard about, and one had to do with the idea of increasing a lab mouses life span through calorie restriction.

Now, my definition of "fasting" and " calorie restriction" involves, only drinking your nutrients, not eating. So you can drink nutrients while fasting, just not eat.

The study ended up with the mice that had a calorie restricted diet, and fasted only 1 day a week, the mice life span increased by 20%. All other things being equal.

Now I eat everything, but for the span of a few monthes I was juicing almost daily.

I didn't change my diet much though, I was still a stoner, I still got the munchies like crazy.

But by just having that fresh glass of juice everyday, once a day, I felt a measurable difference in my mental state and my physical well being.

I fell off the wagon unfortunately due to my ever changing schedule, but I fully plan on becoming a vegan when my life has more stability.

20. Yea a lot of people call it juice feasting. Drinking just fresh raw juice for anywhere between 7-100 days. 7 days for obviously a very mild cleanse/fast and 100 days for an extreme cleanse/fast. Even if you are in very good shape and health, going on juice feasts are extremely helpful, especially when it comes to nutrient absorption and cell regeneration.

A different type of fast is a water fast and you should really know what you are doing for that. I suggest doing extensive research first before attempting it. Although water fasting has EXTREMELY AMAZING benefits. Water fasting heals your body in ways that no other method can. I'm not an expert in this subject yet, but I'm gonna read some books when I have some time since I would like to try it out maybe this year.

And I also fell of the wagon haha although I said I would start up again and I think I'm doing well so far. I did have a turkey sandwich for lunch today since that's just what I had available, but I'll make up for it with a smoothie and salad later.