Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Raw bud tastes super bitter

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J3553, Aug 3, 2013.

1. I derped out the other day and pulled some of my friend's weed through my da buddha whip without the screen in and got a mouthful of bud.  It was super bitter.  I would say about as bitter as coffee, if not a bit more so.  I didn't think weed was supposed to be bitter, kindof assumed it would have been like putting a leaf in your mouth or something.  Is this a common thing?

2. Most people arnt stupid enough to eat it raw so i would have to say, uncommon.

3. eating it raw is not stupid, some people prefer eating it raw, not many, but some. 

Well knock yourself out then.

5. lol i dont eat it raw very often, but occasionally i take a nug out of my bag and eat it, sometimes the right strain tastes really good.

6. I've had the urge to taste my nugs a few times. I can't say it's desirable to me after having tried it. I also have a few friends that enjoy putting stems in their lips like chewing tabacco. This actually gives off a pretty good taste(imo) and will make your gums numb sometimes.

7. i chew the stems in every bag i get. i love the stems, they are pretty tasty :p

8. Sooo, uhhh.

Did it taste bitter?  You guys didn't really answer the OP.

9. Some bud tastes bitter, some doesnt. some tastes like shit, some tastes like yummy goodness. every bag is gonna taste different. It all depends on the area it was grown, the nutrients used on the plants, whether it is organic or not, how much light it gets, how it was cured. There are so many variables that could affect the taste of your flower.

Word. every now and again ill take a tiny pinch and chew it out. Tastes really great imo, doesnt get you high obviously, but still tastes interesting imo.

11. Glad im not the only one on here that enjoys a tasty nug here and there. lol  :smoking:

12. weed does get you high if you eat it despite all myths. The only thing is, it's a huge waste because most of the thc doesn't activate. But if you don't believe me eat a quarter oz and come back and tell everyone how you feel an hour or 2 later. Also, weed is full of nutritious shit, its actually healthy to eat believe it or not.

13. No.

14. Leaves can be pretty bitter.

15. #15 JaysForDays, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013

How ignorant.Well I can tell you it does work, its just very ineffective.