Rattle snakes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by champloo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Any of you guys have to deal with them? Im thinking i might need some boots of some sort cause my areas full of um (along with other animals, i think ile bring a daisy BB gun). And i was trecking a cliff side yesterday and walking over lots of mounds of huge rocks, and i can hear the creepy little bastards in there. I guess ile carry a stick and smack around. I really hope i dont get hurt this season :rolleyes:, especially seeing that it would be a good mob back to a car where it would be about a 20 minute drive (speeding) to the nearest hospital. I might just call an ambulance cause they are aloud to speed. Ile probably carry some rope with me too so i can tie off the area if it does happen, god forbid.

2. Get some thick rubber boots and wear a few layers if you're trecking by them, for the most part snakes will not attack you unless you endanger their babies or if you step on them, otherwise they will go on the defensive and you can easily avoid them. A spray bottle also works so if one is poised to strike at you, a couple straight spritzs in their face will make them retreat, I've seen this on many nature shows around my area where rattlesnakes are common.

3. Really a spray bottle? Thanks bro good advice. Yeah i was thinking some rubber boots.

Yeah i was thinking that they are just as, if not more, scared of me than i am them. But still around here its a really big thing to not wander off into the brush and really be careful for them, and when im up on those rocks and i can see all the little nooks and crannies where they are hiding and i can hear um i feel like ones just gonna come poppin out super fast and catch me in the calve or somethin lol.

4. Snakes could give a shit less about their young, hell, sometimes they eat their young. Rattlesnakes are pure instinct and will strike when they feel endangered. I've worked with them for about 3 years now because they are around my house. Like firstimah said, wear thick boots and put long pants over the boots. If you hear anything rattle, even if it sounds like a zipper on your hoodie being zipped up, freeze. Last year I heard a zipper like sound taking my girlfriend out to the car and I told her to freeze. The sound was a baby rattlesnake about 3 feet from her. The babies are the worst too, they release ALL of the venom they contain. After freezing, locate the snake and very slowely back up, if it tries to strike, just be faster then the snake. It's all you really can do. These mother fuckers are fast though, they can strike 2x their body distance, sometimes more. I've literally seen rattlesnakes JUMP in the air, it's pretty knarly. I don't know if I would spray them, I would think it would just piss them off.

5. it doesnt scre them off, it calms them down because snakes are cold blooded and use the environment to heat up their body, if their too hot, spraying them with cold water, will cool them down and calm them

6. its best you left them alone and go buy a pair of rattlesnake boots from joes lube,beer,and mini mart shop

7. also you can stomp and they will feel the vibrations, you can stomp 200 yards away from a rattlesnake and he will feel you coming and avoid you.

8. This is why a dog rules ;)

9. Yeah I remember watching the late Steve Irwin's videos where he'd scream at a snake, explaining that snakes are deaf but react to vibrations (like Fljester said). Boots, gloves are essential, and esp. protect your face as a head bite is the worst. But that won't happen if you stomp and don't crawl on the floor lol. Snakes will be more scared of you than anything. Steve Irwin was a really cool guy who helped change people's views on snakes.

10. #10 champloo, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    I know i used to always watch him, sucked when he died. It was really crazy, i mean a sting ray of all things. Freak accident.

Well, ile be stomping and clacking good, then listening before i make any steps.

Rattlesnake boots? Ile google those.

edit: haha i just got a bunch of rattle snake skin boots :p.

11. That's right Champloo, Steve Irwin was so cool, I was sad too when he died.

12. to day i was treakin around in the swamp in my waders... didnt see any snakes but saw a alligator about 4 foot long but he took off when i got close to him... as for the snakes today i was stomping around hitting the grass with a big stick and i didnt see any snakes today.... makin alota noise seems to be good..

13. You might invest in some snake "Gaiters" for ease of mind:https://www.turtleskin.com/store/category.aspx?categoryID=1

14. RedHead 16'' Waterproof Ultra Snake Boots for Men

15. the number one way to avoid snakes used by all the top outdoorsman out there is to use human urine like cologne. you can use yours or some one elses doesn't matter so long as they ain't aliens. this will repel snakes and most any reptiles. trust me bro this is a tried and true bushmans technique that works 60 % of the time...... EVERY TIME! all you got to do is take the collected urine put it out in the sun for a few days then apply the miracle snake repellent liberally to your body and clothing you can even use a spray bottle like some one ealse sugested use as much as want the more the better its free after all!

16. Rofl:hello:60% of the time? LOL
    I would rather just get boots then piss on myself everytime I go out to check on my trees. Lol:hello: