Rate my grow room

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Sypha, Jun 5, 2018.

1. please take a look & tell me what you all think.
    Im open to suggestions on how i can improve the space.

Took an empty basement closet & turned it into a grow space..i have 4 23w=100w cfl’s.. & aluminum foil on the walls.. the yellow light on top is to create heat.

Everything was put together with scrap i had around the house.
    thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Lights way too high. Bucket is getting too much light through it. Hope u have holes in bottom of bucket. Otherwise looks good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Need to set your planter in a pan of some sort to catch run off I would also put the catch pan on a piece of foam to keep cold from the floor transferring to your soil, cold soil can cause nute lockout, I would add more soil burying some of that long stem, keep in mind CFLs need to be almost touching your plant, what kind of lights are under the foil "hood bro"? If you need heat loose the upper light it's not helping plant growth since it's an in incondesent style bulb and install a hps or at a min 2ft T5 fluorescent, Also I have that exact fan in my veg room, on low I have to deflect some of its velocity guess I am saying make sure it's not blowing to hard on your plant... Over all kudos looks like you did some homework before setting it up...

4. Yes i drilled holes out under bottom partion of bucket.

Please take a look at the 2nd pic its where the lights usually sit.. i uploaded a better pic also.. is that a good distance.. the bulbs dont really put out much heat i did the hand for 30sec test and i feel absolutely no heat.

Thanks @Papa Puff

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh got u much better. If u get addicted save ir money for a plastic liner for ur plants and get a real grow light. Hope u have fans or something to circulate air. I've never use CFLs but what one rule about any light is put your hand right on top of your leaves and see if it burns your hand or gets uncomfortable that's when you know your likes to close

6. #6 Sypha, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Thanks for ur suggestions.. i cant afford hps at the moment.. i know the heat lamp isnt putting any energy into the plants growth thats why i have it set up all the way at the top of the space, its just to keep the room warm.. ill definitely put a tray and foam under my pot (bucket) & add more soil today.. under the foil “hood bro” i have 4-23w=100w cfl’s but im only using the middle 2 cuz they are closest to the plant rt now till the she starts to take up more space.. take a look at my pic, are the lights close enough? I did the 30sec hand test & they arent putting out heat so they wont burn the leaves

Attached Files:

7. I quit using my 1k hps too.much heat. So a lot of my friends like the 315 cmhs. We have been using the phillips 942 argo multi spectrum bulb. Works great.
    My summer journal[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. $225.00 and came with the bulb [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bulb goes like 2 years where the hps 6 months

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice looking girls you got their.. nice light but kind of out my range at the moment.. so far ive spent under $40

11. I have one fan to move the plant around a bit (simulating the wind blowing to make stem strong enough to hold the buds at the end of process.. but thats it.. (shown in pic)
    any suggestions

Attached Files:

12. Your plants Look great! One CMH? I have had one in my cart twice but have not been able to push send, (internal struggles) since one site people love them the next they only work good for veg etc. etc. I have 6 quantum led boards to try for now but I need something with less heat during the summer month....

13. Duplicate sorry

14. Im useing 5600k cfl’s for seed & veg.. then i just picked up some 2700k led bulbs for flowering

I also just upgraded my hood for the lights & i was able to clean up the wires a bit (pic below)

Attached Files:

15. If you want strong stems, add silica (ProTekt) to your veg nutes. It will raise the ph so be sure to be ph down to desired level

16. I havent added any nuts ive only used rain water & tap water with miracle grow potting soil

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sypha
    make sure you pop the frosted globes off your led bulbs makes a measurable difference well worth the effort.. I ran them work better than CFLs imo they are very focused so you need more bulbs though... I started with cfls-leds then T8 fluorescent, then T5s, then 150watt hps then 400watt hps then 600watt double ended hps before I got the dense meds I wanted, save yourself some $$$, save for at least a 400watt MH/HPS for your box..

18. The cfl’s im useing for seed and veg seems to be working great.. will the 4 2700k led’s be good for flowering??

19. I just got my temp/humid guage in today and this is the reading.
    Is this good or is their something i should adjust??

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

20. Did you take of bottom growth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed