Rasta dreads, still the same??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Masterkief87, May 1, 2013.

1. Ok well i enjoy learning about other religions and what they believe/practice and using what i like to improve myself, anyway from what i have read i believe that rastas get their dreads because the dreads are seen as "nasty or poor" and rasta grow their dreads to show that they choose to remain "poor and nasty", among other reasons, anyway my real question is do you guys think that our culture today views dreads the same as "dirty and nasty" and if not, if dreads have become accepted, then would who wishes to make the same sacrifice be making the same oath by growing dreads? This is some food for thought and would love some feedback, my view is that our society and/or generation has grown to accept dreads in culture and "fashion" and that the act today would not mean they same because the trails that the rasti face with themselves and their dreads are not the same trails that our society would bring, and there for knowing that then, i believe that what would be a "sacrifice" becomes lessened by the absence of these trails

2. I don't believe this is why Rastas grow out dreads, but rather as to fulfill Gods wants according to books in the Old Testament. (What Does the Bible Say About Dreadlocks?) Bald heads I believe refer to those that follow Babylon.

Therefore no I don't think the way society views dreadlocks will change the wearing of them. You must consider that true Rastas probably don't travel into the cities of the Babylon and keep with the latest trends. :smoke:

3. Dreadlocks are older than Rastafarianism and older than the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament). They have been worn by cultures all over the world for thousands of years. Do some research to get the correct answers.

4. Dreads are fine as long as they shampoo thier hair and keep it looking good. Have you ever seen an un-kept, matted dreadlocks? Gross!!!

5. I think dreads are nasty looking. Just from what I saw when I was in highschool. Those fake gangsters. I hated them so much. I guess I have not seen well kept dreads then