Rare Pink Dolphin Seen

Discussion in 'General' started by MelT, Jul 4, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Rare Pink Dolphin Seen in Louisiana Lake
    Tuesday, July 03, 2007
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287938,00.html
    It's sleek, fast, cute - and pink.

A charter-boat captain from Lake Charles, La., photographed a rare pink dolphin a couple of weeks ago in Calcasieu Lake, an estuary just north of the Gulf of Mexico in southwestern Louisiana.

According to Calcasieu Charter Service's Web site, Capt. Erik Rue was on the lake June 24 with fishing customers when five dolphins came into view - four normal-looking gray ones, and a bright pink one that appeared to be an adolescent.

"It appears to be an uncanny freak of nature, an albino dolphin, with reddish eyes and glossy pink skin," the Web site reads. "It is small in comparison to the others it is traveling with and appears to be a youngster traveling with mama."

There is a species of pink dolphin that lives in the Amazon River in South America, but this one appears to be a more common​

2. That's insane. It kinda looks like an Albino that has a sunburn...

3. Wow. That's pretty neat.

4. I agree with TheHempress. Funny thing, she's got a crown and I have a crown as our avvies :p haha.

Anyways, that would be an interesting sight, a pink dolphin. I want a neon Green Penguin!

5. We're royalty. :cool:

6. Yezzur, Thizz King right hurrr. lol

Damn, what hash does to your brain :p haha

7. Great find that is really cool +rep for posting something that I have never seen.

8. interesting, I was going to say albino aswell

the picture looks cornishly fake to me..:confused: im not sayin it isnt cool tho

9. Thats a dope pic of the dolphin. Bet it musta looked tripy IRL.

10. you must not work with graphics or photos at all then. thats definitely a real photo. nearly every species can have an albino variant irc.

11. my bad i didnt mean the photo as i never claimed to be a photo wiz, but the dolphin looks as real as my moms life size antonio bandarez blow up doll :rolleyes:

12. i'm sure your mom doesn't really like you playing with her personal Antonio behind her back. you should get your own or ask her to share

13. AHHAHAHA :D
    +rep

14. I didnt know pink dolphins existed, cool find.

15. It's funny cause when I was reading a book by Eddings,they clearly mentioned pink dolphins thruout the novel.

It's a sign from the heavens I tells ya,the dolphins are taking over,anybody that eats tuna fish is a target.

The time of Poseidon is here,tremble puny humans...... :devious:

16. I have two of those in my 30 gallon fish tank

17. i collect pink dolphins