Rap

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by j0k32r0x, Oct 5, 2011.

1. How can you become an official hip-hop/rap artist? Please help

2. If you actually HAVE skills than things should work out for you and you will get noticed

3. how do I get myself out there??

4. lets hear a rap, nowadays ppl start on youtube, lol

5. [quote name='"j0k32r0x"']how do I get myself out there??[/quote]

Book a show?

6. The thing is I can rap really nice when I'm high it's decent when I'm sober

7. [quote name='"j0k32r0x"']The thing is I can rap really nice when I'm high it's decent when I'm sober[/quote]

Post a vid

8. Market yourself. It's that simple.

Either the public will respond or they won't. Not everyone who wants to rap is going to make it.

Some suggestions:
    - Make music. If you don't have proper equipment, find someone who does. If your music is of low quality it will probably be slept on.
    - Make accounts on the usual sites and add tons of people (facebook, myspace, purevolume, youtube, etc...)
    - Make some videos. Try to make them in the highest quality you can. Low quality, just like making music, will work against you.
    - Try to book shows. Find local rap shows in your area and try to be an opening act.
    - Find other artists and collab with them. It will spread your name around to perhaps fan groups you weren't able to get in with before.
    - Keep grinding. You will likely have to do this for a good long time before anyone notices you.
    - Mixtapes as well. Just make them and offer them online for free.

You'll either make it somewhere or you won't. Good luck.

9. #9 Rayban, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    don't just go releasing a ton of material, build yourself hype. you need a good 'scheme' nowadays to draw attention, as sad as it is. have a team behind you- people like groups, and people like being a part of groups. promote your stuff to blogs. most importantly, DO NOT GIVE UP AND DO NOT LISTEN TO HATERS. this doesn't mean don't take constructive criticism, but don't change up just to please someone else. make yourself a tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc- people love being able to connect with artists on a more personal level.

10. Do you mean hip hop? or rap? I'm guessing your goal is to make money from this?

I listen to hip hop A LOT and I will say this... if you want to be a hip hop MC you have got to passionate. Put soul into your songs mate, if your good then you will get people like me downloading your music, if your not, you will either have no one downloading it or millions.

Post something up, i'd be happy to help if I can hear you rap first. Or are you just dreaming right now? if you are... act on it! Give it a shot man.

But I will say this, the music business is merciless. 1000s of underground rappers don't and probably never will get the recognition they deserve. Make good shit and people will find you... including record labels. If getting rich is your goal then I suggest thinking twice.

11. there are many ways ;

sick lil wayne's dick

compliment dre on his abs

tell Em it's all good you'll be his buddy

become retarded, sip sizzurp, and make generic obnoxious bling rap.

front like hip-hop is dead but you are it's saviour

12. #12 pinoypayter, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    try getting shot before you turn 13.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]