Rap Battle Tournament Final Four: UpFromTheSkies vs. jo3l37

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Fresh Error, Mar 5, 2011.

1. #1 Fresh Error, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    Each contestant has 24 hours to check in, once both opponents have checked in, they have 24 hours to drop their verses. Remember the rules, 16 bars/16 lines!!! Questions, just ask refer to the original thread which I provided a link to below.

Once both verses have been dropped, voting will ensue for 24 hours, then the winner will be decided. Good luck!

When writing your verses consider the following:
    NO FEEDING/FLIPPING
    NO RECYCLING
    NO SWAYING
    NO BITING

Any questions on the definitions of the rules, see the original 'Rap Battle Tournament' Thread in the link above.

In order for your vote to count you must leave an explanation as to why you voted the way you did, otherwise your vote will not be counted. You cannot vote for yourself, either.

UpFromTheSkies:
    note before reading: i refer to joel as "J" and "E" once or twice in the verse.. E because his rap alias is Exrae.. J because.. well.. obviously.

the oldest news is joels a fool.. n if he's "raw" he's cold n blue
    but homie i aint gotta "put you down" to "walk all over you!"
    it's overdue.. you know it's true.. we both know the fight is done
    i'll cut your tongue out, have it brung out on a plate.. now "bite your tongue!"
    this writer's dumb.. yea, joel is just too weak to pin Up down
    i "pull his strings" like a puppet tryna "keep his chin up!".. clown!
    yo.... when it rains it pours and im makin storms, straight up "stealin your thunder"
    get out from that ceiling you under.. limitless skill is only somethin you believe you discovered!
    you aint even seen as a runner in this race to me.. face it E..
    you cant pace with me.. n all you voters would hate to be placed with me
    j's debris.. and i did this so tastefully.. gracefully murdered him n they cant find a trace of me!
    damn this battle ended so hatefully.. still even joel has the taste to see blatancy
    his style is ancient these days.. he wont be praised.. the vote will go one of three ways
    the me-ways.. no re-phrase or re-plays.. go to the grocery store snack aisle and maybe youll "see Lays!"
    my each word meant to de-grade.. and now i'm slittin your throat
    n when i dump your body at sea's the only time we're "in the same boat!"

good luck joel you know its all love

VS

jo3l37:
    Yo, I’m “basically” “wasting ‘cees” when I’m ripping the mic son,
    You can’t “stand with me”, I’ve seen your “family tree” - Your sisters the tight one!,

Okay..Let's get it

Up is up, when I “spot him” and “rock him” with an uppercut,
    I’m “dope as gravs”, and I “know his past”, he was the son who wasn’t loved enough,
    I’m “clever, clear” and you “never hear” someone saying Damn, Up’s fly!,
    Cause even my “basic free” would “break ya knees”...Now how you a Stand-Up guy?
    That means your “jokes done”, my “dope puns” will shatter your brain,
    Meet my “flyin’ knives” and “cyanide” while I laugh at ya pain,
    You ain’t matchin’ my aim, you’re the epitome of whackness,
    This “homo type” will “go for guys” - He’s literally a faggot!
    You “never ill”, I’m “clever still” - Even my dumb free’s sound raw,
    I’m “shattering son” so “gravity’s done” when Up meets “downfall”!
    In the “battle thread” I “smashed him dead” and nothing has changed!,
    I never “rehearse this” but I’ll “reverse shit” and have Skies under my reign!! (rain),
    You can’t “keep it Up” cause you’re “weak as fuck” - He’s spittin’ frail,
    I’ll spit a “rhyme fast” and make “Skies crack” like that fucking chicken’s tale!,

2. Check for Skies...although I'm the best ta rhyme,
    Final four, I'll rip your spinal chord and you the next ta die:D

3. Yo, I’m “basically” “wasting ‘cees” when I’m ripping the mic son,
    You can’t “stand with me”, I’ve seen your “family tree” - Your sisters the tight one!,

Okay..Let's get it

Up is up, when I “spot him” and “rock him” with an uppercut,
    I’m “dope as gravs”, and I “know his past”, he was the son who wasn’t loved enough,
    I’m “clever, clear” and you “never hear” someone saying Damn, Up’s fly!,
    Cause even my “basic free” would “break ya knees”...Now how you a Stand-Up guy?
    That means your “jokes done”, my “dope puns” will shatter your brain,
    Meet my “flyin’ knives” and “cyanide” while I laugh at ya pain,
    You ain’t matchin’ my aim, you’re the epitome of whackness,
    This “homo type” will “go for guys” - He’s literally a faggot!
    You “never ill”, I’m “clever still” - Even my dumb free’s sound raw,
    I’m “shattering son” so “gravity’s done” when Up meets “downfall”!
    In the “battle thread” I “smashed him dead” and nothing has changed!,
    I never “rehearse this” but I’ll “reverse shit” and have Skies under my reign!! (rain),
    You can’t “keep it Up” cause you’re “weak as fuck” - He’s spittin’ frail,
    I’ll spit a “rhyme fast” and make “Skies crack” like that fucking chicken’s tale!,

4. hahahahhaha that finishing line made me spit out my beer. what was that shit even called? chicken little? fuck yeah.. i was in a play in kindergarten where i played that chicken

ill verse as expected joel.. consider this my check in.. goin out tonight so i'll drop tomorrow

5. note before reading: i refer to joel as "J" and "E" once or twice in the verse.. E because his rap alias is Exrae.. J because.. well.. obviously.

the oldest news is joels a fool.. n if he's "raw" he's cold n blue
    but homie i aint gotta "put you down" to "walk all over you!"
    it's overdue.. you know it's true.. we both know the fight is done
    i'll cut your tongue out, have it brung out on a plate.. now "bite your tongue!"
    yo.... when it rains it pours and im makin storms, straight up "stealin your thunder"
    get out from that ceiling you under.. limitless skill is only somethin you believe you discovered!
    you aint even seen as a runner in this race to me.. face it E..
    you cant pace with me.. n all you voters would hate to be placed with me
    j's debris.. and i did this so tastefully.. gracefully murdered him n they cant find a trace of me!
    damn this battle ended so hatefully.. still even joel has the taste to see blatancy
    his style is ancient these days.. he wont be praised.. the vote will go one of three ways
    the me-ways.. no re-phrase or re-plays.. go to grocery store snack aisle and maybe youll "see Lays!"
    my each word meant to de-grade.. and now i'm slittin your throat
    n when i dump your body at sea's the only time we're "in the same boat!"

good luck joel you know its all love :)

6. damn you both murdered this..

but i gotta say skies came with some fire. i picked his flow up and it just sounded crazy in my head..and after joel did almost the same thing but jsut not as hot.. both we fire though gentlemen. do not get the confused

7. Sick battle between two heavyweights. Jo3l brought a nice ass verse. I read it earlier and didn't think Skies could top it but it was a lot closer then I thought.

I was feelin Jo3ls flow a bit more. Some of Skies lines felt choppy to me while I was readin them, but overall it aint too bad.. Skies came heavy with the multies.. when I went over Skies verse and just said the multies, they sounded a lot nicer then Jo3ls would, if you know what i'm sayin..

Overall both came with some heavy drops but this line sealed the deal for me.. Good battle

the me-ways.. no re-phrase or re-plays.. go to grocery store snack aisle and maybe youll "see Lays!"

+1 Skies

8. how dare you insult my flow sparkin! :laughing: just playin. i can read my verse n make it flow flawlessly but such is the reality of txt battles

9. i have to say that these were both hot with multis, internal rhymes, and nice punches.

read them both like 5 times

ima give my vote to joel it just came out a bit more raw to me

+1 joel

10. Yeah I'm sure if I had a proper beat playing while I read it I could have caught the flow much easier.

Do you write to a beat or no?

11. nah but my head is pretty good at providing me with beats lol.

if im writing somethin im gonna record then the chances are almost definitely that im usin a beat though

so far we got 2-1 me

12. Rhyme Scheme and Flow were both ill guys, I love how Joel has the AABCCB thing going, however I liked Skies multi's better, they seemed to fit a little bit better, if that makes sense, I guess the flow of it is what I'm trying to say worked better with the multi's.

Both of you guys had your punches, my favorite was...

Both of you guys had fucking DOPE ending bars as well, so I'm not gonna quote them, but damn hahaha

When it all comes down to it, and I hate making a decision like this one, Skies gets my vote for the following reason....fresher content. Like I said, both had clevery, witty and humorous punches, but Joel's seemed more generic in some parts, more so the gay jokes and ones similar of the sort. Skies just had more that I haven't heard before that really caught me off guard, and unfortunately in a battle like this, where it's on such a level playing field, that's what tipped the scale in this case. Sorry Joel :(

+1 Skies

13. It was really close for me, and it all came down to the best punch.

for Skies I think it was this: "yo.... when it rains it pours and im makin storms, straight up "stealin your thunder"

and for Joel: "I never “rehearse this” but I’ll “reverse shit” and have Skies under my reign!! (rain)"

and that line from Joel just did it for me, too damn good! It was DAMN close though

+1 Joel

14. you like lines about the weather huh? :laughing:

3-2 me. keep em comin

15. bumpin for votes one more time tonight

16. Gotta give it to Joel.

Shit's sick, keep it up

17. 3-3

lol these votes are leadin just where i thought they would

18. Close, close, close battle fam. The more I re-read it over again, the more I realize I couldn't even pick a winner if I was an outside party. Keep the votes coming!

19. word!

20. Damn guys.. both of you killed it.

I liked Joel's verse a bit more though.. read easier and had a nice flow.

+1 Joel