Randy's Wired Rolling Papers Discontinued???

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by TheWhiteLighter, May 4, 2012.

1. Was just at my LHS today and picked a couple of packs of Juicy's and Randy's to replenish my supply and the guy serving me informed me that Randy's will soon be gone, never to return:mad: I bought 12 packs and cleared him out.

Randy's come in handy for the no clip times and honestly I like them, Been using them for years on and off. Sad day for me today. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them and grab a few packs when I see them. They'll likely be available for awhile online but I prefer just to get them at the store.

2. There's no news online that I can find, suggesting that the over 30 year old paper brand is going out of style, or out of production. If anything, there's been a buzz for potential new Randy's products. :)

I think your shop is just choosing not to carry them anymore, and either you misunderstood, or so they don't upset their customers they are perhaps misleading people by saying they will no longer be available 'anywhere'. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1

3. Could be. I got home and did a few searches myself but couldn't find anything regarding it. I figured GC is the best place to come to find things out and open a discussion about it.

Might be his disitributor stopping carrying them, not sure. Just upsetting to hear that a brand I have used for many years may be discontinued. My LHS guy has been there for years and we have built a good raport so I don't think he was trying to mislead me.

Hoping for the best and +rep for your contribution. Much appreciated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I've never tried wired paper... seen them but never rolled/smoked one... How do they compare? Pros? cons?

5. Randy's are pretty good. I usually get an even burn from them. The wire is stainless steel so there is pretty much no worry about health concerns IMO.

The wire assists in making the "tuck" for the roll much easier. I roll with many different brands so the tuck is not an issue for me.

As the tip burns and you smoke, the wire becomes exposed and can easily be used as a roach clip simply by folding/bending it. I like this feature because I don't always use a crutch and it allows me to smoke my whole J without a clip or crutch. The wire doesn't conduct heat as it burns so there are no worries about that either.

For $2.99 or less it can't hurt to give them a try. Pick up a pack and just put them in your collection. Who knows you may become a fan.

6. The wire makes them MUCH easier to roll with since it really gives you something to tuck in. In all honesty I used to use them exclusively, and found I had a hard time when using other papers from being out of practice :D

The wire is nice. It works like you would expect, its easy to bend to what ever shape you wanna hold and I always liked to use it to cut off/put out the cherry when we were done with the joint.

little bit extra paper used to grab the wire (it's glued into a small fold at the end of the paper opposite the strip you lick). Its not a thin paper in general, so especially for smaller joints the it can be a bit much... But I was always fine with it. If you worry about having thin papers or doing single roll with the glue on the outside they are probably for you. If you want to be able to hold a roach easier, you will love them.

7. An excellent point I used to do this too now I just puff it all back. But a very good use of the wire nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I bought a packet of Randy's for the first time today. I just went to my local tobacconist and asked her for the biggest papers they had. I was totally surprised when I pulled one out and saw the wire, I just hopped online to find out what it's for thinking that it would be unhealthy to smoke but I was wrong :).

Super handy when you have heaps of cabbage. To me the only way to smoke cab is in really big joints or it doesn't hit me very much. But how would I go about rolling even bigger joints?

9. Elements makes 12 inch long papers if you want bigger than king size rolling papers. I used to use them and cut them to size

10. [quote name='"BeeJee"']

Elements makes 12 inch long papers if you want bigger than king size rolling papers. I used to use them and cut them to size[/quote]

Some brands make rolls, which I believe lets you make papers longer than king size.

11. Elements makes 12 inch long papers if you want bigger than king size rolling papers. I used to use them and cut them to size[/QUOTE]

Raw also makes those and raw is better IMO

12. I remember using randys when i first started smoking.. I think of them as "papers with training wheels" as the wire really helps in turning over the paper to roll a proper joint.. but years and decades have gone by and the training wheels are long gone.. 1" Kut Korners from here on out

13. this was a cool thread to see resurrected!

very glad that Randy’s are still available, as I only found out about them in the last couple years.

brother...
    wow.
    that was some FINE editing in that video. like actual goals for me, and I’m being honest. I love your intro and your balance of cutscenes to content. that video seems professional enough to be a commercial for the papers.

was the clip at 1:04 stop motion or live? motion of the twist makes it hard to tell!

only thing I think that could have made it better would be incorporating some sort of scoring / grading system so we could have a final rating from you, and so that you could use this scale in future reviews. also, it is clear you’re a fan of the papers, and that is all good!!!!!!!! BUT remember to mention any and all gripes you have when doing reviews! don’t hold back! not saying you did!!! maybe there are no gripes from you!! just figured I’d mention it since I love those brutally honest reviewers because it makes those sparkling reviews that much more deserving.

I wish I could attend Craigory’s editing class!

with love and liftedness
    Cranky Danky