Random spots on a few plants in 3w into veg

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Looket, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I have used read this forum and gotten most of my answers just by reading what other people are saying and so on.. But I cant really seem to get an answer to this particularly problem by searching the forums..

What type of medium; soil

What brand and type of soil? Normal soil bought at a local growing-shop and an organic soil

Indoors or outdoors? Indoors

What strain? White Widow, Super Lemon Haze, and Church from Greenhouseseeds

How old are the plants? 3 weeks to the day

What type of lights and how many watts? CFL 200W

How far from the lights? 10-15 cm/ 4-6 inches

What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every 3 days or when the soil is dry

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Haven't addes anything to the soil yet. The soils NPK is 14-7-15

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? The PH level is from 6.5 up to 6.8 from the runoff water

What are the temps and humidity in the room? The temp is at the lowest 20c/68f to 30c/86f at the highest.. The humidity is at 40-50% when the light is on and when switched of around 60-70%.

What size pots? 3 pots 9L/2.4gallons and 2 pots 6.5l/1.7 gallons

Any bugs? Look real close. Cant find any bugs and have been studying for two days very close at the damaged leaves..

I thought at first that it might have been a PH-problem but the ph-levels seem okay.
    I also suspected that it might be burns but that doesn't explain why only 3 plants have visible symptoms..
    My last thought is that there is some nutr. missing. My guesses are Mg, but I am not quiet sure.. Anyone wanna help?

Pictures are here:
    ImageShack Album - 3 images

2. It seems to be spreading appearing on other plants too.. But i still cant really see any bugs or vermin...
    Anyone got any clue what the cause might be?

3. <-- Newbie

My plants needed nutes in week 3, might be worth starting them at 1/3 strength?

4. That doesn't look like soil...

5. I'm not quite sure of the english word for this but its Light Expanded Clay Aggregate, or Clay pebbles. They're used for drainage in the bottom and bacteria resistans at the top of the pot. Underneath there is a lot of soil!

I thought it might be shortage of minerals and such but shouldn't the plant seem a lot worse if it had sucked the soil dry from stuff to feed on?

6. As far as i understand it, it will slowly start to show deficiencies, and show small signs initially. So this would fit with what you are finding.

Hopefully someone with more experience will post a reply, but you've not got much to lose by starting nutes.

7. Yeah I'll try that, ordered nutes a few days back so are still waiting for it to arrive.. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference