Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

random question about legalization

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by holyschmidt, Nov 6, 2012.

1. So blasted and just wondering let's say Colorado and Washington legalize will it be sold in cartons like cigs at the local 7/11 or will there be despensarys opened and what do you think prices will look like?

2. Now the problem with legalizing it is whos really going to buy it from 7/11...

why would you go buy it from the stores and pay taxes when farmer joe down the road is basically givin it away from his garden....

3. Idk what the prices would be like, but i would definitely grow my own if it was legal. Also it most likely would only be sold in a specialty store like a dispensary.

4. Prices will most likely be lower, since it will open the way for legal competition, and you won't have to account for "risk costs" that can be associated with it now. It will probably be limited completely to dispensaries at first, since it is controversial, but at some point it could move over to gas stations and grocery stores. I'd probably go to a dispensary anyway, just for the wider selection

5. [quote name='"Pyron"']Prices will most likely be lower, since it will open the way for legal competition, and you won't have to account for "risk costs" that can be associated with it now. It will probably be limited completely to dispensaries at first, since it is controversial, but at some point it could move over to gas stations and grocery stores. I'd probably go to a dispensary anyway, just for the wider selection[/quote]

Ic what u thinking 5-10 a g or cheaper or how would they do.it u think

6. Because personal cultivation will still be illegal. Why wouldn't someone buy it from 7/11? With the law it will be no different than buying a pack of cigarettes or a 6 pack of brews.

7. Probably something similar to dispensaries.

8. [quote name='"hotdog585"']

Because personal cultivation will still be illegal. Why wouldn't someone buy it from 7/11? With the law it will be no different than buying a pack of cigarettes or a 6 pack of brews.[/quote]

Thank you for understanding what I was trying for

9. I thought some of the legalization ballots said personal cultivation is okay if you're not selling to minors? I think it was Amendment 64, not sure.

10. Question, if I live in Washington as its legalized will they still drug test you to get a job? Anyone know? Does it depend on the company? Kinda curious because I'm really excited for the outcome of today :)

11. [quote name='"dactrain"']Question, if I live in Washington as its legalized will they still drug test you to get a job? Anyone know? Does it depend on the company? Kinda curious because I'm really excited for the outcome of today :)[/quote]

I believe they will obviously depends on the company

12. [quote name='"holyschmidt"']

I believe they will obviously depends on the company[/quote]

Ahh gotcha, well thanks man. And here's me thinking I could roll a celebratory blunt, but I guess it's more continuation of my detox break for my upcoming test :( lol damn

13. The Ballots we have this year are not the true legalization. The topic is still not mainstream and this makes these bills a bit of a comprimise. Oregons is very close to ideal leglization but because of the lack of restrictions it will likely fail to pass. Washington is overly comprimised and has ton of limits and other controlling laws. Colorado's is a good bill it still is limited selling to dispensaries, limited number of plants, but greatly appeals.

In true legalization many would grow their own, and there would be dispensaries for really good stuff

14. [quote name='"dactrain"']

Ahh gotcha, well thanks man. And here's me thinking I could roll a celebratory blunt, but I guess it's more continuation of my detox break for my upcoming test :( lol damn[/quote]

I smoked the night before mine took omni pure it's a pill body cleaner take 45 minutes before an drink 48 oz of water and I passed lasts 7 hours

15. I don't know much about the actually bills in those states but if it were legalised I imagine the price from already established dealers would stay steady or become cheaper.

dispensaries would open and would be more expensive than street dealers but the quality would for the most part be a lot better and they would also provide easy access to edibles, hash, oils etc that people can't get elsewhere.

eventually corporations (such as 7-11) would start mass producing lots of heavily processed products much like tobacco. joints sold like cigarettes, blunts like cigars and brownies like.. well, brownies. they would most likely be lower quality products but will still be popular due to pure convenience. also, who knows what kind of pesticides and growth chemicals will be added to maximise yield.

and finally people who are passionate enough will grow their own. obviously the quality of the cannabis will vary greatly at the beginning but people will learn over time and will constancy improve the quality of their homegrown cannabis.

that's my opinion on what would happen but of course no one can really know until it happens :bongin:

16. I can be in either state in a few hours, so I'm planning a road trip already to find out. I'm looking forward to stopping at the first place I find inside the state line and asking, "so where can I buy marijuana?"

17. They will be free to drug test you and not hire you. The medical laws in several states make it clear that they don't address employers rights. A lot of places in medical states, though, don't test for cannabis any more. It's going to depend on the employer.

18. colorado has legalized!!!! :D just so anyone following this thread knows:D

19. Colorado and Washington will pass, doubting Oregon though

20. Definitely look into "Cannabis Club Collective" here in Tacoma if you want a good place :hello: