Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where are we in agreement at all? You said access should be limited and I'm saying it should not. You never addressed the fact that majority of weapons used in crimes are obtained illegally. How is what you proposed a solution in any way? Again, it only harms law abiding citizens. You're not using much logic for someone trying to reason. "I know three people shot", "I hope you don't have kids" doesn't help your case.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oof, I'm not sure how I'll ever recover. It's fine that you want to opt of a topic you're clearly ignorant on. It would be fine if you said "It's a complicated situation I don't have an answer to" but you claimed you had the solution. Please, try and reason with me. Maybe you will save my children from that horrible reality were people have a means to protect themselves and their property without needing to jump through bureaucratic hoops.

• Like Like x 4
  4. What else would a liberal do with a national emergency declaration on guns? They don’t want “sensible gun control”. They don’t want subjects to be armed at all. Not saying the declaration will gain much if any traction, or won’t be challenged in court. Just the possibility of it in the future if America elects a liberal.

5. Not all bombs are smart. Children live in these "battlezones"

Tgeir wouldn't be friendly fire if we werent at war all the time

6. What about those illegals? How many will it take? How many angel families?

Meanwhile one kid gets shot in a school and the left thinks that’s good enough reason to ban guns lol.

7. [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Holy.....fucking
    ....shit. I'm high as shit and before I found this thread, I had a revelation. Every fucking Stoner in the world... EVERY SINGLE ONE! Should just throw a fucking load of seeds into random places. And when they all grow..., who the fuck can they blame? I thought it was kinda funny, like a Johnny Appleseed for weed, but then I found this thread by accident to share this with you and your name is JohnnyWeedSeed.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. What do you think they will shout at jussie smollet when they beat his ass down in prison? That shit won't be staged one bit!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roll up a joint or load a bowl because this is funny..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Looks like those rumors of him being off the show won’t be rumors for much longer LOL.

Unless they can film from his cell.

He effed up and used the mail. And worse, insulting everyone’s intelligence denying everything still.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. I agree, he is a goner..Sending bio chemicals in the mail is a big deal, even if it was crushed up aspirin. Bye Jussie...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Right, that is why they deploy with doctors, surgeons, nurses, and medics. Because no one cares about them...Of course people care about them, all Americans care about their current and prior service members. Except for people like you who only serve to criticize, who have no empathy for others and are just looking for a scapegoat rather than blaming Islamic extremism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. There is friendly fire in every war. If you weren't so anti-American then you would also care about those hurt by suicide bombings that intentionally target civilians. Again, Americans don't want to kill civilians and do their best not to. But in war things happen that are out of your control.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. I'm amazed people can support Bernie after he cucked so hard multiple times. How can people trust a man that bows his head so meekly with foreign relations?

This shit isn't getting memory holed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The US deploys medics to treat their own, not for the good of the native populations of countries it invades.

You seem to think the US is occupying countries all over the world for righteous reasons. It's not, it's there purely for profit and to appease it's extremist allies.
    You talk about Islamic extremism but ignore the fact that the US bends over backwards for the most extremist Islamic regime of them all - Saudi Arabia.

18. This is an extremely complicated question, and I haven't answered for a couple of days because it's been exhausting to consider it, amidst a stressful time at work.

His motivation - and I think I know you well enough to know your angle - is extreme. If you're asking my personal take on it, then I think he's comparable to the Jihadist on the abstract level - his motivation has basis in uncomfortable reality, and is understandable given an exercise of empathy, but when drawn to the levels he drew them, become ridiculous and indefensible, and his actions make him an enemy. I.e Extreme.

As to his influence - this is painful to discuss - but it's been undeniable. On three main levels:

1. The nation's self-image
    2. Firearms control
    3. Islamic migration

Self-image
    Norwegians are a proud people, in the sense of nouveau riche. We've spent the majority of an entire millenium being someone else's bitch, in extreme poverty and hardship, and have within 150 years clambered from devastated obscurity to freedom through clever negotiation, from uncultured and uneducated masses to a high standard of both, and from bitter poverty to an overwhelming embarrassment of riches. All in a few generations, part of which included proud resistance against the world's most evil empire, as perceived in the public conscience (where our former masters in Sweden bent the knee, and former masters in Denmark were far weaker in their resistance). A lot of things to be rightfully proud of.
    Thus, as I admittedly radiate myself, Norwegians see themselves as intelligent, capable, no-nonsense, and having found a way of life that is the Utopian envy of vast swathes of the world.
    Breivik riddled that self-image with bullets. He put holes in our self-image as peaceful, down-to-earth, reasonable, progressive heroes, in a utopia where everyone is happy and provided for.
    The prideful shade of our nation showed in the following trial, where Norwegians couldn't go five minutes without talking about how well we were reacting to the slaughter. There was found a great deal of catharsis out of giving Breivik a 'fair trial' (as opposed to gruesome public torture and slow execution, which I was and still am an advocate for) - and, swept under the rug that even that wasn't fair, as the original assessment of two psychologists of Breivik as 'utilregnelig' (unaccountable) because of mental sickness was discarded through bureaucratic shenanigans and two other psychologists were brought in to make sure he could be found accountable. So he could be punished.
    This self-image is still tarred, and it's painful. You'll see people who don't like me here go right to calling me Breivik in order to wound me when they can't argue against me, because they know this too. Breivik has been buried in the public consciousness now, and when news of him surfaces, people are very unwilling to engage with it, such as the human rights trial he wanted to put forward. So, his effect there was just as devastating as the attack itself.

Firearms control
    Before Breivik, every Norwegian ridiculed the American firearms laws. Brutally so. Deaths were made fun of. School shootings were a topic of mockery. My own stance was in line with this - (with apologies and gratitude to @MrThoughtCrime) - until I experienced, as so many other patriotic Norwegians did, pacing the living room floor in helpless rage and agony whilst shocked-to-cowardice, unarmed policemen stood with their fingers in their asses during the massacre, waiting for the big boys to arrive with guns. It took a time for this to sink in. I reacted with extreme anger towards people who pointed out that a few guns on Utøya would at least have given the kids a fighting chance - because I had spent so long ridiculing that exact stance. Which, in the hindsight of Breivik, is completely undeniable.
    You won't find Norwegians discussing this, but as I'll return to in the last section, it has undeniable entered the public consciousness in a forceful manner. It's regularly reinforced by the terror attacks that have followed elsewhere in Europe since - the underlying lesson of which is that the state cannot protect you. When I raise this topic with compatriots, whom before shared my stance of mockery, I now meet a more muted, bitter admittance that having a gun around to protect your family is preferable to being at the whim of the reaction time of a police force which itself might not be willing to engage on your behalf.
    Concretely, all Norwegian police is now armed - and heavy arms are distributed and made more accessible.
    The change in public consciousness there is muted - but massive. It has not yet entered any legislative agenda, though.

My observations of my own people is that they are idealists in public, but pragmatists in private. What's said around the dinner table of many is not the same that is uttered in the smoke break of two - usually, it's the opposite. We're a country and a culture dominated by taboos, and Breivik has become one of them.

Islamic migration
    This, we have both discussed at length, and it's a tired topic. I think we see relatively eye-to-eye on it. So I don't need to clear my throat with all the usual qualifiers you have to go through in order to avoid the racist-nazi-bigot-Breivik knee-jerk.
    His impact on this has gone through two phases, as per my understanding. His attack happened in 2011, which was before the migrant crisis in Europe - before there was any public consciousness around the culture clash, or the consequences of mass migration. Thus, the reaction was to go to the polar opposite of Breivik's agenda - anyone who was against migration was put in Breivik's camp, for a time. It was an unthinkable position.
    Then, the migrant crisis unfolded, and particularly our neighbour Sweden, with whom we have close cultural ties, suffered terribly. What's worse, they were completely unwilling to face the situation factually, and where Norwegians are pragmatists once you scratch the surface, Swedes are far less so. Witnessing this unfold all across Europe put a second phase on Breivik's impact. Whereas before there was a denouncement of everything he was into (down to World of Warcraft being pulled off the shelves, here, because he played it for a year), there was now a bitter realization that there was an element of reality to his extremism. Not that he himself was the driving force of this realization - he did far more damage than good to the political cause of stopping migration - but the complete denouncement of that element of his fanatical ideology slipped into the shadows.
    The driving force behind Norwegian opposition to Muslim migration is undeniably witnessing Sweden. What's called 'svenske tilstander' ('Swedish conditions') in Norway - massive increases in gang- and assault rapes, increases in crime and gang violence, attacks on ambulances and police, terror threats, segregation of cultural communities, surrendering of territories to Islamic values, and so on - there was a bright spotlight cast on it, and a mapping of our own state compared to Sweden's conditions.

I haven't met a Norwegian in favor of Islamic migration in well over a year, now. Of course they exist - but the previous attitude of any kind of critique of Islamic migration as racism, bigotry, nazism, or Breivik-ism - that has disappeared entirely. It's considered pragmatic, now, to be against such migration, in favor of migration from cultures who have successfully integrated, such as the Southeast Asian culture.

TLDR: He had a massive impact on how proud Norwegians are of themselves, on how we view self-defense and terrorism with regards to firearms legislation (increasing arguments both for stricter control and state monitoring as well as legalization), and indirectly on Islamic migration, though there the massive driving force has been the migrant crisis and specifically Sweden's ideological madness.

I could speak at greater length on all of these issues. They are enormously complicated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Absolutely. Leftists hate to hear this truth, but the American military and it's approach to conflict is amongst the most moral in all of human history. So moral that it handicaps the nation's ability to wage war effectively.

It's completely within American military capability to annihilate their opponents - massacre every man, impregnate every woman and create American colonies.
    Yet instead they have strict rules of engagement, go to great lengths to avoid collateral damage, and pour endless funds into the countries they invade and occupy.

Compared to every other army in human history, they are downright saintly. Of course, this isn't politically expedient to acknowledge if you're against the American war machine.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Brings me immense personal satisfaction to see the US left get it's come-uppins! I warned these cunts years ago that walking this path would lead to mockery, and was met with furor, and here we are

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.