Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Random Drug Testing in Schools

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StickyIkyMarley, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Random Drug Testing in Schools

I nearly bolted out laughing when my principal threatend to drug test me because "I have reasonable suspiscion that you are smoking weed as well as a number of other things".... They called me an hour ago to tell me I was suspended for walking out of school :smoke:

Let the ranting begin

2. SO the reason for YOUR RANDOM DRUG TESTING was because they had suspicions? Sounds random!

3. I HATE ELEPHANTS!!!

/rant

4. Sounds like you're fucked.

5. I don't get where drug testing fits into schools...

6. Your school has basically every right to drug test you.

7. Actually they don't, they can only search you. If you don't have anything they can't do anything but tell your parents they have reason to believe your on drugs.

8. If that's the case, consider homeschooling the new fad.

9. You do realize that you practically sign away all of your rights when you enroll in public school?

10. No, they absolutely do not. Drug testing is a horrible invasion of privacy. I am strongly opposed to teens/adolescents using drugs, but this is NOT the solution, not at all.

Parents already reserve the right to drug test their children, the school should take no part in such things.

11. According to a 2002 Supreme Court ruling they do, as long as you participate in an extracurricular.

If your state law says otherwise you may be able to get out of it.

12. Hopefully parents will never allow this to becoma a standard practice. We don't need to condition our kids to become more like sheeple. :mad:

13. bullshit they cant test you randomly...they have to have realllyyyy good fucking suspicion to do it.....if you give them consent then ya of course but they cant call you down aand tell u to just piss

14. If they participate in an extracurricular activity, the school can.

15. well duh you sign a waver stating the fact that they can test you whenever....but they cant do it jus cause u join a club or some shit u have to sign a waver for them to do it 100 percent randomly

16. You either don't need that, or you sign it upon joining the club.

17. first of all your supposed to be 18 when on this forum..... so hide it better

18. I understand that there are legalities that permit a school to do it, I'm merely discussing this from an ethical standpoint. I also don't think that employers should have the right to drug test.

19. I know for me, and hope for everyone else out there, that no school is going to get me to pee in a cup. And certainly not a public school. rofl

20. If you're enrolled into a private school, They can do it. I just don't believe it's right for the public school system to do so.