random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. What's in it for a generator? I've got a brand new Cummins I habe no use for, just sitting here at the house.

Here's my "can I borrow your boat" ride lol. My father in laws 36 YF. I fucking LOVE this girl, she's fucking fast, and will take whatever you throw at her.

The only thing I would change is the 3 blade props to 4. 1.6 mpg with the 3 blades[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. It's 900 ponys WTF cares about gallons per mile LMmfAO. Damn that's gotta be more fun than a bucket of ants at a picnic. (I said I'm gonna be FIRST to that fishing spot !!)
    Got a few like that here in the harbor. My Glass guys son runs ones very much like that.
    BNW

3. Haha!! 72 is the fastest I've ever had her, and it's not that sketchy, believe it or not. YF makes good boats. Granted, they're all right there in line with Hatteras, Jarrett Bay, and Donzi (which are all 3 not even 30 minutes from my house)....CC wise, I would still prefer the YF.

That's a '14, sticker price; 290k. Repower earlier this year. He had triple 350 verados on it, but had nothing but trouble with them.

My big kitty!![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. That's great, been missing boat talk. I grew up sailing on a 38' Ingrid that my Dad built for his parents and I've been getting the itch to buy a trailer sailer. Something in the 25' or less catagory.

My first boat was a 23' Kiwanda Dory then I went to aluminum fishing boats from then on.

5. @A guy
    Catalina knocked out several thousand trailer-able 25 footers from the 70s to the 90s that can be picked up for not a lot of coin. One of my former coworkers had one for many years and loved it. Extendable tongue trailer made it almost tolerable to launch if the ramp was long enough the trailer didn't drop off some hidden shelf. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ya I've definately been eyeballing the Catalinas. I don't look forward to the setup and knockdowns of day sailing a trailer boat but where we'll be living in a few years I don't expect moorage fees to be a welcome addition to the budget.

7. Just a bit over 300 a month to keep my 27 ft in the water here in So Cal.
    BNW

8. l picked up 730 hp edelbrock supercharged coyote this week. Going in 1956 f100 unnamed (4).jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. hah. thats crazy yo

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.JPG IMG_3891.JPG I'm doing the valvecover gasket on my bmw ...

• Like Like x 3
  11. ...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. first post of 2018, within the thread of course. hows everyone doing?

i just want to warn all non-medical users of cannabis, whether in a legal or prohibited jurisdiction, that driving/operating under influence et al are no joke and an eventuality. where i live has had recreational use legalized back in 2015. last fall i went to pick up a friend for work, backing into his driveway i lost a brake cylinder (third one in system) and backed into his porch, as lightly as possible in a truck. my friend was the property manager, and came outside, but because he had a couple outta state drug dealers holed up in his apartment he asked me to leave in the event the police turn up. the neighbors in another building called the police.

the next morning i went to a gas station, and by the time i paid for gas had three cruisers blocking in my truck at the pumps. they ran me through the standard barrage of field sobriety tests, cuffed me and took me to the station to do a breathalyzer (.00 three times) and take urine sample. i get charged with leaving the scene of a property damage accident. first court date my discovery folder is like an inch thick, and has multiple charges attached including OUI. anyway, enough details. 2 court dates later the UA test results are available and i've failed for 5 or 6 drugs, 4 of which i don't do. but they tossed the leaving the scene ticket/restitution in exchange for pleading to the OUI.

this was a time in my life i wasn't smoking daily, probably not even 3 times a week. i was sober when i did the field sobriety tests. i failed the nystagmus test due to astigmatism but the explanations in my discovery for how the "drug recognition expert" interpreted my field tests was eye-opening for sure. so please, be careful out there. i can tell you right now that not having my license for 150 days and a steep fine is complete shit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wow.

Wow. Wow.

The manager of the property who knows you and where to find your information, told you to leave. I mean it's not like a 'hit & run' or anything, unless your state has some law that says you have to sit there until somebody with a badge shows up. Like for maybe a set $ amount in damage?
    Then you blow multiple goose eggs the next day after they swoop down on your ass. Urine shows drugs you don't take, then you plea bargain for OUI.

I gotta think awhile on this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. We used to go there every weekend when I was a kid.
    My dad had an 18' fiberglass Chris Craft with a Johnson 75hp back in the early 60's. We lived in Redondo and launched @King Harbor. One time we were late getting started back because we lost the prop about 2 miles from Avalon. By the time we were going again it was mid afternoon and really choppy. I was just a little kid but I remember not being able to see land for awhile, could not keep the compass pointed straight, worried about gas, and the waves had busted all the windows out. Finally we saw land and made a bee line. Turned out to be San Pedro. Had to call somebody to fetch our trailer from King Harbor. Dad later sold the boat 'as is' and I don't remember him ever being on the water again. Go figure?

• Like Like x 1
  15. main events took place between 0020-0715, was picked up at the gas station about 0600. couldn't afford a lawyer. but by having the property manager notified of the accident, that takes care of any further responsibility to notify the owner(s) of the property. there is a threshold for estimated damage in an accident and at what point it becomes necessary to notify the police (accident reports help insurance claims), in my state its $500 by layman's estimate.

the accident broke a piece of cheap pressure-treated latticework on the deck, which broke truck's taillight. a post got scuffed and got its revenge by taking off my passenger side mirror. all told both truck and deck damages could have been fixed/replaced for under $200.

i failed the UA for THC, PCP, morphine, cocaine and multiple types of benzo metabolites. the fact that it was a drug OUI made my fine more expensive than if it had been alcohol related. the very same day i was last in court a middle aged woman plead guilty to driving to endanger, had a fine, 10 days in jail, 30 day license suspension, alcohol OUI dismissed.

16. Had much the same experience in the channel between the Island and the mainland.
    Spit the cam gear on the inboard and by the time I had a halfassed fix in Avalon Harbor it was mid afternoon on Sunday and we all had work the Next day so off we went.
    Huge fucking Ocean with 20 ft between the crest and trough. It was all I could do to run the boat in the troughs and pray she'd break through the crest of the next crossing wave. We'd launched from Alamitos bay but came back out south of Huntington Beach. Got gas and ran in the surf line up the coast to the car-trailer. Really a scary damn trip home for sure.
    BNW

17. Is that Catalina island?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Yes. About 22 miles from Long beach. (as a seagull flies)

19. Then when you're done you can figure out if it's the corner of the head that's leaking or is it the timing cover.:bang:

20. I totally recognize the old theater. Been there a half a dozen times as a kid, we snuck up on that very hill that picture was taken from to smoke weed lol. I distinctly remember that view looking over theater and bay. I wonder if they still have the line painted down the sidewalk that you couldn't cross if you had alcohol? I got a few pretty good stories from that island.

• Like Like x 1