random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. My dogs LOVE riding in the jeep.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not sure why, but sometimes my gear grinds when shifting into second. Doesn't happen all the time, so it's quite irregular, but very cringeworth sound.. UGH

3. Maybe you need fresh fluid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Hmm .. Maybe, I haven't changed it since I've owned the car in mid 2014. How do I check? I have changed the clutch fluid which is just brake fluid, but never thought I'd have to worry about the manual transmission fluid, especially since the transmisssion was freshly refurbished when I bought the car.

5. If it me I just drain it and put in fresh fluid. Make sure though that before you drain it check to make sure you can loosen up the fill plug cause it would suck if you drained it and could not put fluid back in.

Hell take it to the shop that refurbished and have them look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought the car in Virginia, I live in Nevada.. The're too far

7. Could check and see if they have an affiliate local to you.

Real quick are you pushing in the clutch enough.

8. any Nissan micra people out there?

I found out this week you can do a engine swap for another Nissan engine the dr20det and have 400hp with a turbo adjustment. like fuck man that's a power ratio of 1:5 with the car being 1800lbs oem

9. [​IMG]
    Parking lot stuff
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  10. Try Syncromesh trans fluid...I had problems getting my Accord into 1st unless I completely stopped, changed to Syncromesh and it'll take 1st gear at 10 mph now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Going to eat some cannabis gummies and install a good latch and new led headlights this weekend, excited!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey my kid is looking at at 1986 BMW 325 es. I was wondering if there was anything I should check out other then typical used car stuff? The odometer shows right under 82000 and it is a auto. Thanks guys.

13. And girls

14. Wrangler. Most amount of aftermarket parts and largest community of any car.

15. I did not know BMW made Wrangler. I am not paying for the car she is so not my decision. That and I would hate for her to get a ticket for being off trail.

16. I could use a lift ...
    [​IMG]

But you're right, BMW has no business off the road, on road maybe.

17. Installed headlights and a hood latch, took about 90 minutes.

Before
    [​IMG]

Got the lights in
    [​IMG]

New hood latch, old one from factory is rubber
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6000 Kelvin, it looks really good and not that annoying ricer blue everyone gets
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. hope its the clutch fluid and not throwout bearing

wow, an '86 325eS with 82,xxx miles? i'd love to have any e30 with mileage that low.

my first e30 (84-91/93ish) of seven was an '86 325eS five speed with three times shown on inop odometer the mileage of the one you describe, and it was enough fun and taught me a lot about driving in general that i kept buying them, i truly love the chassis.

as to what to look out for, the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump being done recently, 60,xxx miles/4 years is what i would consider absolute maximum. i've lost one e30 ('90 325i sedan) to a broken timing belt, occurred 4 days before the belt in my car was scheduled to be replaced at a local shop.

check out the transmission and see if it is the 4hp22 four speed auto, if so i haven't had any problems with mine. your mileage could vary, depending on previous owners' abuse/neglect. sometimes its hard to tell which is worse. my '84 318i loved abuse. they all seem particularly susceptible to neglect, too. inquire into when the subframe bushings were last replaced, if ever, and your control arm/trailing arm bushings too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fun day of working on cars yesterday. I changed the oil in my dad's car first. I then changed the oil on his truck , put new from hubs on it, did a brake job on it and last but not least I put new shocks on it. When I started it was about 85 out and a few hours later when I finished it was a 104 out. Today I am doing a oil change on my wife's Mustang and then I start in my Mustang. With mine I am changing out all the fluids new drive shaft and also a new adjustable panhard bar and a light weight drive shaft.

20. Fuck I had a long ass day today. I changed the front and rear differential of my dad's truck with Redling synthetic gear oil. I changed my oil on my stang swapped out the Royal Purple for that Mobil 1 max performance synthetic, drained the transmission of the Royal Purple out and put in Red Line transmission fluid and I drained the rear end and put in Red Line gear oil in it. Oh I also installed an adjustable rear Pan Hard bar. Then I took it for a 170 mile loop. Best mileage I have ever gotten on this loop was 26.3 cruise set at 83 with three or four blasts up to a 100. Same route today same type of driving I got 28..7