Ran from the 5-0

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dakky420, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Well today I was getting off work (im a mechanic).. and during my break I got my turbo on my 93 TA (trans am) running an lt1. Which isn't stock and is pushing about 480-485hp on the dyno. Needless to say its one hell of a fast car before the turbo. Well I decided to turbo it. (forged internals in it. With ultralight weight flywheel) I had it pushing at 9.2psi as any easy starter ;) to see how the motor would handle it. The thing fucking screamed at about 3400rpm when boost kicked in) Haven't got it on the dyno to so what its running. anyways enough about the car more on the story. Well I was getting off work and going through the back roads which are long and straight for 5 or 6 miles then goes curvy for about 3miles then goes back to more straight before one more curvy part about 3 miles. So I get to the straight away. Running about 80 (speed limits 70 but theres never cops usually because you only see one or two people out on it when you drive it and some days none at all). But today there was one sitting about half a mile out in a cut off by some trees. And as soon as i pass him guess what fucking sirens. I drop it down to 3rd gear and floor it. As i shift into fourth i look down and see that Im running at 110. I keep it floored check the rear view and see the dodge charger cop car behind me. But a good ways back. I keep it floored the turbo is whining like a son of a bitch. I bump the car into fifth a little early at 6200 rpm. Keeping it floored I peak at 4k rpms not going much faster. Look down and notice Im going 211 mph. I nearly shit my self. Couldnt see the cop and turned down the next farm drive way I saw. Went about a mile back into it and just waited a hour. I don't even know why I ran. I don't think He could have got my license plate with the distance I had on him. But im an 18 year old guy what do I know... any opinions on the license plate part?

2. Damn dude 211 hahahaha that's badass as fuck

3. "yeah, I just slapped on a turbo on my break, didn't even need to tune it or nothin and I hit 211!"

$10 says you don't even have a learner's permit yet :laughing:

4. Thank you, good sir...Your ability to condense that boggle of fuck all in the OP was most welcomed.

Now I won't waste my time like you wasted yours.:cool:

5. /thread.

6. I'm sorry but a trans-am going 200+ is hard for me to believe.

7. Holy shit! Im planning of dropping in a LS1 in a bmw e30 in a couple years, wish it goes that fast. Funny thing is, I'm 18 too and the only cars I worked on were Corvettes and Transam. Me and some friend installed a supercharger in a Z06 cotvette at school. We actually installed a turbo in a transam too. Did a little work on a corvette running race fuel and it was camed, sounded like a bat outta hell!
    Nice story and I wish you luck bud.
    I hope this real...

8. No chance of a trans am going anywhere near that

9. fucking stupid if you didnt have anything to run from. and i do not belive you did 211

10. Jeff Gordon here....

11. Man u on some jimmy Johnson shit

12. Trans ams can go that fast.

13. I think you gotta change it back to mph from kmph, even then thats pretty fast for a 93 trans am

14. Sorry I'f i came across like this is an everyday driver and that I just slapped it on in my one hour break. No It took a few weeks. I do have my DL and I've been driving on tracks since I was 16. It's no where near a stock drive line. If you would like the long line of detail. Then I will post. About the guy with the e30 it will go no where near as fast, It will hit that air wall. 211 Is possible in a TA infact I've been in quite a few that will do over 200. 211 was pretty much the peak of my car.

15. Lmao. The speedometer only goes up to 155-160 in trans ams.

16. #18 dakky420, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    After market speedo

Also guys the cars gutted on the inside 5 point racing harness 2 bucket racing seats. No real dash no back seat no carpeting no door panels. No speakers. Only thing adding any real weight is the roll cage. The car is far from a stock 93 TA.

17. Pics of the car>?

18. Surrreee.

Pics or it didn't happen. :bongin: