Raising humidity in small space

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jack Calico, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Im currently growing in a 35 gal rubbermaid, my temps are 82-88, but my humidity never goes above 16%.

Any suggestions?

2. U could put a small dish of water somewhere in there I guess.

I wouldnt raise the humidity any more than 40% as u are just asking for a mold
    problem in that small space. Make sure uve got lots of fresh air blowin in on the plant
    and a good exhaust too. Temps are a little high also.
    U should be ok.

:smoking:

3. Jeez, 16%? And I thought my 29% was low.

You could get a cool mist humidifier, it doesn't put white dust shit all over like some humidifiers do. It's basically just a tub of water, with a filter, and a fan blowing it out. Same idea as what freakbro said but a big dish of water with a fan to help disperse it. :) I got one at the grocery store for pretty cheap.

4. temps being that high can mess with your plants. some strains stop budding when the temps are that high (i learned the hard way).

additionally, if the humidity drops to low, as you know, it can cause the leaves to canoe UNDER to conserve moisture (as mine also did). additionally, drier is better conditions for spider mites and many other insects. you are right to think it's important to up the humidity. the two posts above by antigen and the other dude are head on and good advice.:D