Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

raids on Marijuana dispensaries..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Crystal74, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Nine arrested in raids on marijuana dispensaries | Sonora / Tuolumne News, Sports, & Weather, Angels Camp, Twain Harte, Jamestown | Union Democrat

so this happened last week and these were some of the closest dispensaries in my area. EVERYTHING is delivery and I can now see why..

"The businesses can only sell enough of the drug to cover costs associated with its production and storage. They are not allowed to sell surplus marijuana to make a profit, Davis said"

they justify the raids by saying these people were making a profit.. how do they know that?
    Did they go thru their income and expense records? Do they factor in the cost of running a shop? One of the news paper reports said that their undercover officer obtained a MMJ card and went into the shops to buy MMJ..is there some sort of set price the governments think it should cost to produce?

I understand to some extent that they do not want huge grow operations, they do not want the drug dealers to run these things, but what makes anyone think that you can grow any amount of MMJ and hand it out for free?

seeing how I have never been to a dispensary I do not know if they charge state, and county taxes and pay for business licenses? Wouldn't that be in the cost of production if they did ?
    I really just don't get what the county, powers that be, had in their heads. We live in a wold where nothing is free. Shouldn't it also be wrong to charge me to obtain my card to legally have MMJ?

I really just don't get it.

2. From what I understand, mmj businesses pay thru the nose for taxes!!
    I pay taxes when I buy my medication.
    I don't get it either! This is hitting too close to home.
    Make no profit? Who would open a business to not make a profit?
    Grrrr! I love my mmj! My Doctors love that I am on mmj!!
    Sigh-

3. It says they found 80 thousand dollars in a bank account and a stacks of 100$ bills, that's probly why.

4. So..non profit organizations can have bank accounts, cash from sales and services...and that they found those items DURING THE RAID, not before, makes it a pure bullshit excuse...but hey, it's LEO, and LEO doesn't do wrong huh...ever see the news about the vet shot 72 times when LEO invaded his home looking for evidence of some sort, related to OTHER people (vet was not wanted, was not a suspect of a crime...he just lived near those that were suspect...) ya, the state always has a good excuse after the f-up and death of innocent people...:devious::mad::mad::mad:

...MMJ patients need to write in some protest letters, have some rallies protesting this behavior...:mad::mad::mad:
    if a law (or it's enforcement) are unjust, it is your DUTY to disobey - (paraphrased from T. Jefferson - a founding father of the USA and signer of the now dead Constitution):ey::ey::ey:

5. Exactly, who do we write?

6. for those wanting to stand up for their rights, for the will of the people to be obeyed, write whom ever you can think of, but here are a few ideas;

politicians;
    local
    county
    state
    fed

news outlet sites;
    all you can find

friends
    family
    college kids of all ages
    school-boards (if mj stays underground, kids WILL be exposed to hard core drugs..."think of the children" reflected back at them...)
    police departments
    sheriffs and deputies

inform people, complain to those in power, with wealth, with resources to alert the public...be creative and persistent.:devious::wave:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...or do nothing and wait for the shearing, like a good sheeple...then off to the slaughter house with ya...:p

7. Most MMJ states do not have laws regulating dispensaries. Unfortunately California is one of them. The closest CA has are "guidelines" published by the attorney general in 2008 which suggest that, under specific circumstances, sales of MMJ may be legal.

These guidelines are NOT laws and law enforcement agencies have no obligation to follow them. They are pretty much free to interpret Prop. 215 and SB420 as they please when it comes to raiding dispensaries.

California (and all other MMJ states) really need state laws regulating the operation of MMJ dispensaries. Law enforcement cannot ignore such laws. Unfortunately many politicians and lawmakers have been intimidated by U.S. Attorneys' statements regarding the illegality of dispensaries. They need to stand up to the federal government and assert the rights of their states. Until that time, raids like this are likely to continue.

My opinion: with an estimated 1,000,000+ legal MMJ patients in 16 states plus DC it is only a matter of time before MMJ is no longer operating like the "Wild Wild West".

8. Thank you for your replies. debbiedoes, I see you are in Norcal too I was just thinking the nearest club to go into is in Stockton Ca. I wouldnt doubt if they were next on teh hit list. So now I have to go back to the family friend (who is brother to a street dealer) To buy this months MMJ.. so very sad..

9. A bunch got shut down in Canada too, all I know is a bunch of people relying on those places to get their medicine now have to suffer, its all bullshit if you ask me.

10. I think this So sucks!!!
    You know, I'm an older woman, and a mmj smoker. I'm a little suck of seeing pipes, ashtrays, etc, with big old pot leaves, Bob Marley.
    The same thing when ordering yours meds! Uhmm I'd like that 1/8 of Alaskan Thunder Fuck please?
    I believe if we all got a bit more serious about the legalization of our beloved meds, we should treat them as such....descretion (I can't spell after medicating!).
    This post won't be very popular, but just think about it!

11. so they raid them because they're making a profit?

this is odd considering pharmacies make BANK with all those drugs that kill people but dispensaries that sell some of the greatest medicine in the world can't make a profit. It's the god damn drug companies, fuck em

12. Doesnt seem they are hasseling big pharma companies about being non profit...wanna know why???big politicians are having their pockets lined with pharmacuticals money...cant have a profit in marijuana,cause that would actually give marijuana industries a chance to line some pockets themselves....its all political agenda crap and I have lost faith in our system.gotta love capitalism and democracy!

13. I talked to a friend is part owner in a collective in California about the raids/busts. She said it was from businesses from Not paying their taxes! They pay up
    & on time& have never been bothered-

14. Im in washington state.there is more involved than just taxes.check out the "strategic" raids washington state had during the fight and signing of the new revised mmj bill that would have made dispensaries legal with proper permits and licences. governer gregoir asked michael ormsby or whoever the united states prosecuter schmuck is if would would be ok to sign the bill.he said that it would put state employees at risk for prosecution for giving permits to people who want to open a cannabis based business,wich on a federal level...is still against the law.they wasted tax payers money on raids in wa state to show that ormsby "isnt playing around" so our governor vetoed that part of the bill.she left that part up to the local authorities to decide if dispensaries will be tolerated.so what do you think know? Opinions?

15. I am so sorry! This sucks!! I'm in California, but still...something stinks & it ain't my meds!
    I am irritated that you can't get your meds! And I get worried that my collectives (don't own, just customer) will get raided.
    I still think if WE, collective WE, not just your state or my state, there must be something we can do.
    No, I have written noone. I don't know what to say!!
    Help!

16. it's because the goverment , police , dea are evil muther fucking cock sucking thugs that should be punished in a perticler way that would meen they would just happen to disapear :mad:

17. These people are not evil, most of them are good people. Police are not out to hurt you, there job is to uphold the law, not debate it. Trust me many police officers would like to see it legalized. We have to stop pointing fingers and blaming certain groups, yes the law has to be changed but saying that all these people should just "disappear" would not fix anything at all. YOU are the one that has to change the law, YOU are the one that has to keep fighting, not by getting angry at organizations and posting hatefull comments on forums, but like Bountyhunter said, WRITE YOUR ELECTED REP, and if you live in Canada, WRITE YOUR LOCAL MP. This is the ONLY way we have a chance on changing the law.