Rage Against the Machine - Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mrblonde77, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Anyone else there for the craziest concert of your life? I was a little to the left and in front of the sound stage at the beginning and ended up moving back halfway through Testify (only the 2nd song!) because the crowd was so intense. I just wanted to get a sip of water b/c my mouth was so fucking dry but couldn't even stand up straight from all the pushing. I moved back to about 3/4 the way behind the sound stage and enjoyed the concert from there. Still got to jump around and shit but didn't have to worry about getting punched in the face like a kid next to me did up closer!! Fucking madness

For anyone who didn't hear about the chaos: http://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/out-and-about/?p=6671

2. I wish, rage is the shit!

Bangin' this bolo tight on this solo flight can't fight alone
    Funk tha track my verbs fly like tha family stone
    Tha pen devils set that stage for tha war at home
    Locked wit out a wage ya standin' in tha drop zone
    The clockers born starin' at an empty plate
    Momma's torn hands cover her sunken face
    We hungry but them belly full
    The structure is set ya neva change it with a ballot pull
    In tha ruins there's a network for tha toxic rock
    School yard ta precinct, suburb ta project block
    Bosses broke south for new flesh and a factory floor
    The remains left chained to the powder war

Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause ya can't plead the first

3. I heard on Q101 that it was an amazing show. Wish I could have seen it.

4. Indeed, to say the least. Security guards were saying it was the most out of control they'd ever had to deal with. The head of security for Lollapalooza had to confer w/ the band on stage, and then addressed the crowd asking people to make room and wait to get some hurt people out of the crowd! I can totally see how they got hurt too, some dude next to me got an uppercut to the face, spitting blood out as his head flung to the side hah. It was great :)

5. Great show. Only Rage would stop in the middle of a song (Bulls on Parade), ask the crowd to chill out and look out for one another, then start back up w/ Bombtrack. lol

6. hmm alright a Lolla thread, i was about to make one. Well i happened to be about 5 people from the front fence, so i was in the thick of it. No doubt it was insane, i got my nose possibly broke, but by a thrown water bottle, not a fist. Apparently they never stop shows, but this was an exception, everyone where i was was packed like sardines (i could lift my legs up and not fall down), and moving crazy with lots of near tramplings and collective falling downs. It was intense and amazing, and def not for the faint of heart. That concert pushed some physical limits for me, and a few times i was a little scared for my life, but it was still a good time, what you all think?