Racism?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jia-light, Feb 10, 2009.

1. You're making hasty generalizations. Not every African American/Native American/Hispanic/Asian wants an ethnic heritage month. Not every other person of color is racist, although this "the white man put us down" attitude is prevalent.

It's all bullshit, and you're just helping to further it. Stop making generalizations or ACTUALLY get some substance to try to prove your already faulty, erroneous point

2. You guys are missing my point.
    This thread was meant to be about why white people can't have a history month.

3. dude tee 8sh see, talking ish on mexicans just shows how ignorant you really are. but anyways im not gonna take time to rip you a new one, cuz its just a plain waist of my time. but i also have a question for the dude that made this thread? this place is about bud, why are we talking about racism??? you should throw this in a different forum.

4. No, go ahead "rip me a new one".

It was called sarcasm son.

Who is ignorant?

5. I can actually kinda relate to what your saying, I'll take that into consideration.

6. I think instead of adding a white history month, we should just get rid of all the other specific racial history whatevers

all this does is add yet another obstacle between bringing everyone on the globe together as one

7. This is a general forum.
    If you read the forum it says if you don't know where to post it post it here.

I didn't know where else to put it that's why it ended up here.

sorry if that's a problem to anyone.

8. sarcasm and ignorance have nothing to do with each other? so you were being sarcastic, i didnt know that, does that make me ignorant? id be ignorant if i got all angry and flipped out. im not mad or anything, now i know you were being sarcastic, so there you go.

9. WE HAVE 12 MONTHS OF HISTORY. DID YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION IN US HISTORY IN HIGH SCHOOL?!

Independence Day. Columbus Day. Thanksgiving. And every other day in between. It doesn't need to be an express celebration, none of it does! You don't HAVE TO take part in black history month, or hispanic heritage month, or the fucking gay pride parade.

How goddamn ridiculous can you be? Race is ridiculous on it's own, and you clearly just want to ignore the fact that race was used to bind people up until the 60s, and it's still going on today from all ends of the spectrum.

Why can't this country just move forward and be a people? I'll tell you why- because of people like you, because of people in the Nation of Islam, because of people in the KKK and every other racist group that plagues this earth. When will people grow up?

10. there probably isnt a white history month for the fact that white people would be called racist if they had one.

11. its not a problem, just was weird to see a thread called "RACISM" haaa.

12. Thats why he posted this in general, not rec. marijuana use

13. That's probably the most truthful shit posted in this thread yet.

I completely agree with this.

Fuck the other shit i said, this is where its at.

14. Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason

15. im mexican and could care less about a month about my race. i dont even know when it is. real talk. i totally agree, no need for a month about one specific race.

16. How can you compare ME to terrorists and the kkk.
    obviously you didn't pay attention to my thread.
    did you miss the part where i say im not racist at all or did that just slip your mind?

get your information right before you start talking shit.

17. I like this. Lets make an every-race year, Every year

18. We are taught "white history" from the time we're in kindergarten learning about the pilgrims until we're in high school and learning about english literature.

What are we taught about black history? Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, and Slavery. The point of "Black History Month" is just to raise awareness to the fact that there is more to black culture than Martin Luther King and hip hop. It's not racism, and I find it odd that people would think that it is. :confused:

19. My information is right. Perhaps you'd like to go back and read where you're applauding people's racist, unneeded comments?

Or maybe that slipped your mind.

20. its funny, when talking about religion, race, and gay/straight issue. Drama always unfolds. haaa.