Racism?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jia-light, Feb 10, 2009.

1. It seems that racism is turning from whites hating blacks to blacks hating whites.
    And also I feel it very interesting that blacks have a history month, and hispanics have a history month.
    But if whites came together and said they wanted a month dedicated to white history we would just be called racist. Which is very hipocritical because the fact that we are being called racist for wanting a white history month is very racist coming from blacks hispanics asians or who ever.

Does anyone know what I'm saying.

Here's a good example: When the election was going on I was for McCain, Obama is going to be a good president I just leaned more towards McCain. Anyways people would always come up to me asking if I didn't like Obama because hes black and of course I said no. But do you find it kinda judgmental even being asked if i didn't like a president because of the color of his skin?

2. Reverse racism is nothing new man.

I don't understand how acknowledging racial differences turns into racism. But again, this is nothing new.

3. There's no such thing as "reverse racism." It's just racism, plain and simple.

4. I'm racist and I think that everyone is racist, they just hide it.

5. I agree
    Black people are the epitome of hypocrisy

6. So are hasty generalizations

7. That's kinda true in a way.

I'm not racist based on skin color, but I can say that I'm racist towards some peoples attitudes...

I'm not saying that I don't like people because they act themselves, I'm just basically saying there's some people that just piss me off. I don't even know if that would really be considered racism.

Fuck it. I don't know.

8. Theres no need for white history month because white people didnt go from being slave to segragation to freedom. Plus I'm always learning about white history since the people who shaped the world were mainly white.

9. I have a friend who works at a company that has a black history month celebration, a hispanic heratige week, and he asked for a white history hour and they turned him down:confused::confused::confused:

10. I'm not racist, at all. Take that for what it is.

I detest people, regardless of skin color, if they are not productive members of society. If you steal, lie, kill, or in anyway hurt another person you are scum, regardless of skin color, until you make restitution.

11. #11 Tee 8sh See, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    You have to go from slave to segregated to free just to get your own damn month?

Damn who's dick did the Mexicans suck to get their own period of time dedicated to them?

12. Ok, but you also have to acknowledge the fact that there's other cultural history months such as hispanic, native american, and asian.

Also whites were slaves.

I think your generalizing whites as americans, but whites as a race can be australian, irish, european.
    Irish slaves were used as salves, even in america, Imigrated irish people were just as good as blacks or the asians in america way way back in the day.

I think more then ever other cultures and hating on white people.

It doesn't really matter I guess though.

13. Actually there were thousands of white slaves, mainly from Ireland but they were treated worse then black slaves because they were very cheap. But im not trying to take away from the atrocities that blacks had to go through.

I hate racism, I see no need to address race unless your describing someone. Racism happens to everyone not just black people and its pointless.

14. I hate it when people use this as an example. Most history is white history.

why should there be any colour history, it should just be history.

15. Thank you. Fuck.

16. It doesn't matter at all. Racism will always be with us, it's inevitable, so the only thing you can do is live your life in the service of others (willingly, to make this world a better place) and just shrug off all the other bullshit.

There's absolutely no need to be racist. "Race" is a social construct that needs to be done away with in the first place, and if someone can't look past the color of your, or anyone else's skin they aren't worth your time.

17. come on man you cant be throwin around insults in a political debate, you just proved that you lost.:)

18. "why should their be any color history"
    Try telling that to blacks, hispanics, asians, and the native americans. Im sure they would have a say in it.

This is basically my whole point:

-Whites would be called racist if the white community asked a history month.

19. Who did i insult?

20. and what i said is that MOST of history taught is white history.