R.I.P BONGS

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kronik352, Sep 14, 2016.

?

How were majority of your bongs broken?

1. knocked over while on the floor/table

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. hitting it with something else by mistake (remote, bottle, plate, etc)

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. spliter/cracking from temp changes or whatever

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Other - please post what it is if this is your answer

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. I was really curious as to the ultimate demise of your bong(s) as I am doing some personal research. I know the answer for myself and the few of my buddies, but I need a bigger sample and was hoping for a little feedback from here.

Thanks in advance and sorry if i hit a nerve with the topic!

2. The usual party fouls, someone sits it on the floor (a big no no in my place) and kicks it over or the cough attack person drops the bong while holding it lol! Hope this is what the topic is over.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, please include stories or events of what seems to happen as every bit of info helps me tremendously!

4. Ok, sorry to hear that, that sucks.....but THANK YOU for your input!!

5. Also i have a thick base on my recent purchase and i selected it for a reason, if you are not getting a beaker style then the base is very vulnerable and needs to be able to take a beating, so far i have hit it on my metal bed frame a few times trying to lift it up while im laying down here is a pic of it
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Just so happens i broke the ashcatcher yesterday cause someone moved my bong to behind my door so who whoever went in next would break it, anyway the arm that connects the cylinder to the 18 male.
    I bought another exactly the same so everything's back to normal

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Nick for the input, I REALLY appreciate it. SORRY bro about ur A/C, that sucks! You need to find the culprit and cut him/her loose cuz putting something like that there, that would break....ESP your smoking piece is just plain jacked up....I know pranks n shit are "funny" or whatever, but not something like that...that breaks!!

8. The cause of death for any glass piece I have ever owned has always been the same, it either falls out of my pocket and hits the sidewalk, or gets knocked off the table and hits the floor.

Rest in pieces, dearly beloveds :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bump.....sorry guys, one last "push" to see if I can stir up anymore votes.....thanks to everyone that gave input, I REALLY appreciate it!

10. let's see, my first bong I knocked off a table while I was sleeping. then bong number 2 was stolen. bong number 3 was kinda cheap and just broke over time. it should have had a grommet but I didn't know it at the time. so I was using it like glass on glass and one day it just caved in. bong number 3 broke when I was cleaning it and it slipped out of my hands and into the bath tub. bong number 4 I dropped. bong number 5 I found broken when I got home from class. bong number 6 broke as a result of me holding it in my lap and a keyboard getting smashed into the fixed stem. bong number 7 just broke I'm not really sure how. it was an awful bong anyway. 8 broke because I dropped a pyrex dish on it when cleaning my room. I have 9 and 10 now which hopefully will last for at least a few years. tho one of them is just a cheap gas station bong I bought on a road trip so I won't be too sad if it breaks.

11. Well geez BudButler, you haven't had the best of times with glass pieces huh??? That is DEPRESSING reading that long list of RIP Bongs you have!! Im hoping bongs 9 and 10 work out for you.

12. I have never owned a bong in all my decades of smoking the blessed herb. I am seriously absent minded and clumsy when stoned. A bong would last no time with me. I work and toke at the computer and a bong would be a gateway to a horrible accident.
    I use briar tobacco pipes because I break every other kind whether glass, ceramics, or stone, they are all future shards and broken lumps in my hands. Fortunately I am not a brain surgeon or a member of the bomb squad.Woops!

• Like Like x 1
  13. My friend broke his bong by opening the car door right into the joint. We were gonna hotbox his car right after we got back from the shop, but never got to smoke it.

I broke my downstem trying to remove it from the base after resin hitting it with a torch. Of course it was stuck from the heat, but it was a sunken 14mm hole in an 18mm slide so the bowl still fit air tight until I could replace it. I had to break the stem all the way to get it out and somehow didn't mess up the joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I've owned about a dozen bongs in my short 3 years of smoking herb, with most of my pieces being daily drivers until they're eventually replaced. With that said I've never broken a bong, for the last month I've owned a 3.2mm red label roor straight tube so that's by far the most fragile in my collection I imagine.

However, this asshole I know broke the first bong I ever bought... Never got my money back

15. I HATE THAT!!!!!!!! I REALLY try not to be a "parent" to my glass when I have people over.....but, at least for me, 90% of the people than seem to wind up here are people who are COOL AS :poop: but don't care for my glass like I do, so I HATE being the guy that "moniters" where the bong goes/is being laid down at.....as I have had 2 or 3, what I consider nice pieces, being broken by "careless guests" who don't have an emotional and MONETARY connection to them........so if have a round of two of passing the glass and before we start XBox or a movie....I am aware of where my piece(s) are and relegate another place for it to be if my friends where the last one to use it and they have stashed the glass in the middle of the walkway, or right next to a corner where someone is going to be coming around, etc...... Just something as simple as putting it on the TABLE we sit around instead of ANYWHERE on the floor, lol

16. Tbh it was my dumbass fault too, I was at a pool party and I was getting super baked, this guy I knew (the guy who broke it) was like "Yo can I borrow your bong for sec" and I was like "yeah sure dude". I was way too baked to say no and risk arguing. Anyways like 5 minutes later he comes back and sits down where he was before. I'm like "where's my bong dude" and he looks at me like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. So I ask again and he's like "ooohhhh yeah man it broke". I was like wtf? And then he left and I only saw him a few more times after that...

17. I just like to make sure gravity still works.
    ..yep still there

18. Here's my "other" answer: Basically I broke my bongs from having them in my car. When I lived at home/in dorms I'd keep my piece in my car, and just every now and then it would fall over on the floor of my car from the inertia of accelerating or braking. Ended up killing about 4 stems, and a perc on a bong (which is now retired).

90% of the time I break the stem by being stupid.