R.I.P., Alice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SundayPattern, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Today, while I was helping my boyfriend get ready for work, I bumped into a table and sent my baby, Alice, tumbling onto a cement floor.

Alice was my very first pipe, and she wasn't even a year old. I bought her as a 21st birthday present from me to me last summer. She was light blue, and had a deep bowl. She had a great taste to her, and my boyfriend and I were using her almost exclusively for the past 3 or 4 months. She had a deceptive bowl, and always had at least two more hits in her any time you thought she was empty. She was made of thick glass and very sturdy. She was simple and beautiful. The only part of her that was structurally weak was her mouthpiece. Naturally, the glass was thinner there as it came to a point.

I didn't even hear her break. I didn't even know she had fallen. But her mouthpiece shattered, and there were two giant cracks running up her chamber. There was no hope of fixing her.

But since she's my first pipe, I can't bear to just throw her away. Does anyone know if I could take her to a glass cutter and have her turned into a necklace or something?

2. For a second I thought you talking about a small child.

3. hahaha
    it kind of felt like that for a while

4. Same here......

5. LOL though this was a kid at first.

but you can clean it and see what a local glass artist could do but most would probably turn you away.

and the ones that dont would just try to fix it or make one just like it.

do you remember where you got it? as its not rare for a artist to make 2-10 of the basically same pipe if they are selling in stores.

as i broke a pipe and went back into the shop and bam! there she is again brand new!

6. at first i was amazed that u posted on gc!

7. give these guys a call

http://www.kind-creations.net

they have done all of my repairs for a very reasonable price. give them a call :smoke::wave:

8. #8 Cyph3r, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    omg it was a pipe..

i read
    and skipped to

I was blown away for a minute

9. wtf lmao I thought it was gonna be Alice Cooper

10. Pipes are like 10 bucks yo..

11. "Today, while I was helping my boyfriend get ready for work, I bumped into a table and sent my baby, Alice, tumbling onto a cement floor. "

Thought this was gunna be a horror story, thank's for ruining it for me. :mad:

12. hows the turn around time?

as Higher elevation masterpiece productions wants like 45 bucks and its gonna take like 5 weeks.

13. depends on the fix, but usually within 2 weeks. they fixed my bong for 50 bucks and it took about 12 days.

14. #14 Primo_hash_oil, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's what I thought too! Lol

15. Triple sided dildo

16. This is why stoners cant have nice things..... just kidding RIP Alice , i've lost a few piecies in my time

17. Strangest damn infant I've ever heard of.

18. I know some glass makers will make something out of the glass specifically. You might be able to get a glass maker to make marbles out of it, can't break em, no one else can get those ones and they let you hang onto your piece in one form at least.