Qwiso ?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by janson1919, Feb 23, 2013.

1. I ran my first wash last nite. When I checked the Pyrex this morning it was almost dried out but did have some white substance build up. Is this ok or is that harmful? Thanks.

2. still a little liquidy? Thats normal with no heat I think. I dont really get that anymore cause I use low heat when evaporating, I noticed it more when I didnt use heat. Im pretty sure whats happening there is the alcohol has a chance to react with the hydroxyl group in THC and its other derivations to precipitate water. How exactly that might be a problem, I'm not sure. I dont think it is though lol :smoke:

3. It is still a little liquidy in spots, probably a 1/4 of the Pyrex. But some of the dried out spots have the white crust, and even in the liquid is a white consistency.

Attached Files:

4. yeah that looks typical for no heat. Could you put the dish on a griddle at around 100F?

5. Can't really apply any heating. I did use a small fan though.

6. I am thinking of putting in the oven after the evaporation. Will this help?

7. how low does your oven go?

8. Not sure temp wise....I was thinking low as possible for 5 min?

9. i wouldn't bother i dont think the whites gunna be bad or anything and i think putting it in the oven after it's already done evaporating will just do harm

10. depends on how low that is. Check and find out. Mine goes to 170 but I've never purged oil in the oven except for reclaim or turning club wax into shatter. if its around 150-170 I would say no more than 10-15 minutes.

11. Ok. So should I scrap around it then or scrap everything together?

12. No, leave it undisturbed until its finished.

13. #13 Im blunter, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    The reason that you have white stuff in there is because you didn't evaporate the alcohol quick enough, you gave the alcohol a chance to pull moisture from the air around you, this is because you didn't heat it, always use dry heat like from an oven or hair dryer to evap quick enough so that he white color doesn't occur.
    Maybe next time try to evaporate in a dry environment

14. So is this run wasted? When it's completely dry should I still try to scrape together?

15. #15 Im blunter, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    That batch IS NOT ruined it will just take a bit of time for the water to evap and your good, the white color is just the water solubles that were already inside your hash precipitating out into the water, sort of like its sweating.
    Perhaps it's the nutrients from the plant coming out and dissolving in the water that hasn't evaporated, turning it a cloudy white.

16. in other words give it another day or so it will sort it's self out... if you are a grower then you probably have a seedling mat those things put out the perfect amount of heat

17. I don't have a seed mat. I came home and all the liquid has evaporated. I'm gonna see what it looks like tomorrow but right there is a 1/4 - 1/3 of the dish is white build up. When I scrape tomorrow should I try to avoid that area or collect all of it into 1 piece?

18. when you're ready to scrape, throw it in the oven on its lowest setting for 10 minutes to make it viscous, it will be much easier to scrape.

19. Just before scraping warm it up and you'll see all the whiteness melt into the hash, just scrape it while its warm and viscous on a razor blade and just let it solidify in the freezer for about 2 minutes after Its been scraped

20. Ok cool thanks for the help guys. Still have a lot of trim from last season. This one I ran some blueberry kush trim that I had nice and frozen. Did about a 45 second complete wash. 20 seconds to fill, 25 second swirl. Color came out very nice. Thanks for the help, I'm a complete beginner but am trying to use everything I have. I'm already sitting on a nice amount of bubble. Just wanted to switch things up.