Qwiso vs water hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Blackghost410, Aug 8, 2010.

1. What do you guys think has better yield,quality, and is overall better?

2. id say bubble water bags that you filter.
    i do ice water and i have also done iso. i did one today with stems and some shake and i came out good.

3. In terms of yield, qwiso is likely to be better - certainly when i made ice hash, there were clearly trichs still stuck on the leaves, after considerable effort.

However, i am unimpressed with qwiso hash in terms of quality - it doesn't seem quite as potent - and more importantly, while Ice hash and hash made from keif tastes yummy, qwiso hash tastes a bit nasty...

4. I think it's mainly a matter of how much time you are willing to put in. I believe BHO is much more potent, but I have no real basis to support that.

5. Well, thinking back at it from the clubs, I could buy Keif and bubble hash. Ice water hash is called bubble has, and from what I see around making QWISO they call it Keif. IF thats actually true, the bubble has was always better.

But, I think it really comes down to time, effort, and organicsy (is that a word lol) QWISO is quick and easy. Water Hash takes time and effort. I would think water would be better because of that (I mean, typically the more time and effort you have to put into something the better it is right? Not totally sure about that in this case though) And some people don't want to smoke something thats been soaked into something that would be toxic to drink/smoke vapors from.

My guess is its a slight difference. I'll probably do water hashmyself when it comes to that point.

Very good series of videos IMO. The guy gets baked halfway through, is a talker, and you learn a lot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJs_Uk8TlY]YouTube - Bubble Bag Hashish From Shake, Leaf or Bud (Part 1 of 8)[/ame]

6. If you know what you're doing, all of the ISO will be evaporated before smoking the QWISO. Besides, isopropyl alcohol is "only" twice as toxic as regular alcohol (doesn't mean you should drink it tho lol).

The max potency of bubblehash is around 60% THC because of the cell material of the trichomes that will be left in the hash, while the max potency of QWISO is around 80-90% THC if made using the "oven decarboxylation"-method introduced by oldskoolgrower here. That is, QWISO gives you better quality over quantity.

7. You misunderstood me when I said that I think. . I didn't mean it was bad, just the same as some growers prefer pure organic over using say a pesticide that is proven safe up untill a day or two before harvest.

Everything else was just gueswork as in, early bird gets the worm, etc... that is surprising though. I know in the clubs the "bubble hash" (which after learning about the ice method, and its called bubble hash) was always better/more potent than the kief (common name to the leftover given to QWISO. I just bought the shit, never made it)

8. I hear you there.

Huh? Kief is just resin glands, ie. hash in it's powdery form. I've never heard anyone call QWISO "kief" before. :confused:

9. :confused::confused::confused:

I'm just as confused as you are man, lol... It's fun reading this kind of greenery! No worries folks; if you have either, you're about as good as it gets! ;)

Speaking of QWISO, I've got my fresh picked in the freezer now!

10. im just going to add my two cents worth not that im really sure about this.
    it would seem to me that the main differance between the two methods is that in one of them you are using a solvent therefore disolving some of the chemicals held withing the plant matter and the other being a purely mechanical method focusing on resin gland extraction/ collection. high quality bubble bad hash being almost pure resin glands and iso hash being made up of almost all the available thc being disolved and etracted aswell as all the oher soliable chemicals,oils,ect that disolve into the iso alchole. so to really know whats what youd have to look at and compare what in the bud,trim, leaf whatever, is soluiable to what makes up the resin glands. based on that thinking i would be inclined to think that good quality ice bag hash, would certintaly be a nicer producr if not the strongest.

11. comparing bubblehash to qwiso are you guys smoking crack? bubblehash doesnt even compare to nasty iso

12. So I'm going to be doing my own batch of QWISO soon, I plan on doing 2 washes to make sure I get everything I can out of it (I'm using a quarter of some pretty nice bud, yes I know this is probably not the best idea but I'm curious about hash and nobody in my area seems to know about it, would definitely be kind of cool to have a unique thing). ANYWAYS my question is whats left behind after the straining process, if its left out to dry for a while is there anything in there worth smoking or is it straight to the trash?

13. #14 p_snickers, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    if you really want to get max yield from ISO look into Grapestreet's frost hash....the man just keeps running bud (the same, over and over) and getting more and more hash each time he washes