Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

QWISO iso and salt question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by psphackorzifter, Dec 2, 2009.

1. after you cleaned a piece with iso and salt, would it be safe to make qwiso from the alcohol if you strained it through a coffee filter before you evaporated the alcohol?

2. its safe to make qwiso with the alcohol and evaporate it but i wouldnt use salt if i want to make qwiso from it later, so bottom line dont use the salt to clean ur piece if u wanna smoke that shit afterwards

3. im assuming that you want to use it because of the very little left over thc that you will be cleaning off your glass piece. i suggest not using it because the taste of it, and maybe even the health factor of using "douple-dipped" iso, will not be worth the microscopic amount of thc.

4. No, that would not be safe. Usually you can just scrape the resin out of a pipe, qwiso is too much of a pain in the ass just for some nasty pipe resin, though making qwiso is SO easy.
    With qwiso you need just alcohol, anyting else could be dangerous. And make sure to let the qwiso dry COMPLETLY before smoking iskey. You should scrape the qwiso residue when its dry to the touch, out it into a pile and wait a day or two for it to become a hard solic chunk

5. alright thanks. im still getting pretty good qwiso yield from just my bowl so i'll stay away from the salt.

6. It wont work. The Salt will go threw the coffee filter and filter threw with the THC.

So Its useless. if salt is added.

just use ISO next time.

I do this all the time. i clean my pieces and save all the liquid in a dish. I have a dish with at least an inch of resin. that I save for rainy days.

7. i use kosher salt its way chunkier than regular salt so that wouldnt be safe either or should i just not chance it?

8. The salt will dissolve in the alcohol and go threw the coffee filter it does not matter if you use table salt rock salt or even a large chunk of salt do not smoke it.

Just clean it out with just the ISO and then strain that threw the coffee filter, then if you still need to you could put some ISO and salt and clean it out the rest of the way. Just DON'T smoke the salt.

9. alright thanks. no salt. got it.

10. The salt with dissolve in the alcohol and then re-crystalize when the stuff dries up. If you try to smoke the stuff like that, it will pop like a firecracker in your face. DONT USE SALT IF YOU PLAN TO SMOKE IT!

11. Let the piece sit in alcohol in a plastic container/bag overnight, or at least 12 hours or so.

Pour the alcohol into a glass container with as wide a bottom as possible (pie dish is best).
    Let sit overnight and evaporate. Next morning, scrape with a razor blade. This is basically pure resin from inside your pipe, nearly identical to how it was in your pipe. Best method for people who "like" resin, or some people who are supre desperate and know they will be for a bit.
    This can produce quite a bit of tar hash as I sometimes call it, and I've only tried it once, and didn't smoke any of it. Make sure that you give it PLENTY of time to dry out. Roll it into a ball, then cut a chunk out to smoke if you'd like to try it....