QWISO 1/2 oz vaped with 70% iso OK?? pics..

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by nugs man, Feb 23, 2011.

1. this was my first time do the quick wash. I know i should've used 91% iso, but 70% was all i had. is it okay to use? check out the pics. it came out like taffy. what else do i need to do so i can ball it up? or is it garbage?
    DSC_9399.jpg

DSC_9401.jpg

2. i use 70% and mine always comes out pretty decent. idk looks like yours need to dry for a little while longer.

3. the % just means more water , just longer to evaporate :)

-BH

4. looks like you kept it in the ISO to long.

its a 30 second shake and dump when i do it.

and it you strained it and it was full of weed and took a while to strain then thats the culpret as my last batch looked like this.

smoked SUPER harsh and gave me headaches.

but got me LIT

5. Yea you defs let it soak too long... actually, that just may be vaped qwiso, ive never used vaped bud.... but... i dunno what your going to want to do with that.... maybe let is sit out and dry as much as possible... but it looks like its gonna be a liquid for the most part

6. oh yeah i let it sit in there too long. next time i'll just shake and dump. thanks. i'll let this dry longer and see how it is. it'll prolly be shitty.. haha

7. best to do edibles with ABV

8. word. did that last time.

9. i think its good to let it sit for a little bit maybe like 15 or 20 seconds cuz all the trichomes and shit got to sink to the bottom or something

10. that looks like he just scraped it too soon to me. if you let it sit for twenty four hours or more with a small fan over it, you'll get drier stuff. just wait until it scrapes off like a powder

11. I dunno, everytime I've googles "qwiso vapid weed" I find threads where people ended up with that exact black tar looking substance. I think it could be that it has smaller bud particles that have been smoked (my bowl leaves dust if I tap it down) or vaped stuff needs to be done different, or not at all.

Personally I'll save mine for butter (although I want to find a good way for chocolate bars) and use stems/leaves/popcorn for my qwiso. Maybe try bubble with the vaped?

12. You will almost always get black tar with abv qwiso. Just save it for when you need to get to sleep quick. If you want to see if you could get a lighter color then redissolve it in some iso and try decanting it like in Grapestreet's frost hash tutorial.

13. after let it cure for a little longer, i decided to mix in a little weed and keif and roll these balls. i smoked one and they are decent. can't wait to try a new batch later :smoke:
    DSC_9449.jpg

14. Yea that sounds like the best possible thing you could do with that. I'll even do that with regular hash or even opium. Hell, i've even done that with resin. Weed + anything=good