Quoting is getting fucked and there's no rule

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Verdurous, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I got in trouble for this a while ago and it's never been a rule, but apparently it's not even enforced anymore, but we need a solution for this because there are people who don't even bother to close quote bb code now so you can't even follow the conversation. Posting inside of quotes is useful for huge posts, but when I first joined it wasn't allowed for every quote you made even though there are people who do that for every post now and make it difficult to quote their reply. I tried reporting it, but to no avail since it's not in the rules, so we really need a rule for this or something.

2. you want us to hand out infractions to people who dont understand how to use the quote feature? Or just arent using it correctly in a technical sense?

I understand abusing the feature, ie quoting someone and changing it so their quote break rules or is otherwise harassing or rule breaking... but simply not using it correctly, which causes a conversation to become a little confusing....

i think thats fucking draconian

3. No, not infractions, just messages. I never received an infraction, just a pm saying that I need to use the feature correctly. Like there doesn't need to be a rule that results in infractions, but there needs to be at least something for the mods that don't seem to be able to fix anything unless it's laid out in the rules because I'm basically just being told that there's no rule for that even though you can't follow the conversation at all when they fail to quote correctly and write their response in the middle of the quoted post.

Mere common sense, not draconian...

4. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']No, not infractions, just messages. I never received an infraction, just a pm saying that I need to use the feature correctly. Like there doesn't need to be a rule that results in infractions, but there needs to be at least something for the mods that don't seem to be able to fix anything unless it's laid out in the rules because I'm basically just being told that there's no rule for that even though you can't follow the conversation at all when they fail to quote correctly and write their response in the middle of the quoted post.[/quote]

You do realize its still gonna happen lol right? When it comes to things like using the forum correctly, and high people. Sometimes there is a gap hahahaha. I get what you mean if its like 10 posts in a row that are just fucked, but its hard to enforce something that can happen completely on accident

5. Well, it's not a big deal if it's a accident and that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to people who post within quotes EVERY post even after you ask them not to since you can't quote them and also don't even bother to use bb code in multiple quotes. This wouldn't be an issue and this thread wouldn't exist if they were accidents. lol

I'm also not the only one complaining about this...

6. I'm confused on what the problem is...

You say you got a PM because you weren't using the quote feature correctly...? I don't think there's any rule about how to use the quote feature... how was it being used incorrectly? :confused:

7. maybe someone edited a quote?:p

8. #8 Verdurous, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    I just can't handle this type of stuff when it's done repeatedly by a single person. It's one thing if it's an accident and they're new to bb code, but to continually make and absolute mess for everyone to try to read is just ridiculous and IMHO a problem that should be solved if the mods can't currently do anything about it.