Quotes...

Discussion in 'General' started by BongSmoke, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Ive gotta say my favorite Bob Marley quote has to be...

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.”

What about you guys, whats your favorite?

2. Is this bob marley quotes only?

3. "Restrain from hatred and angry looks. Do not be irate when people disagree with you. All people have hearts, each with their own deep attachments. If you are right, I am wrong, if i am right you are wrong. I am not necessarily a sage and you are necessarily a fool. We are both only ordinary people. Who can decide for certain what is right and what is wrong. Both of us are alternately wise and foolish, like an endless circle. For this reason although other people become angry, I on the contrary, fear my own errors. Even if I alone fully comprehend, I will follow others and act like them."
    --Prince Shotoku

4. "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
    - Colonol Sanders

5. "Anarchism, then, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. Anarchism stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals for the purpose of producing real social wealth; an order that will guarantee to every human being free access to the earth and full enjoyment of the necessities of life, according to individual desires, tastes, and inclinations."

- emma goldman.

6. "the brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change"

7. any quotes,....sorry a little messed up haha

8. Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make. - Bruce lee

9. "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worst when they despise him. But of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, 'We did this ourselves.' "

--Laozi

10. ""We on the left keep dividing ourselves into little splinter groups. "Anyone who isn't a vegetarian is automatically evil!" "Anyone who isn't an environmentalist wants to pollute the world!" "If you're not gay, then you must be homophobic!" "Look at me wrong? You're a racist!" "Wear lipstick? You can't be a feminist!" Divide, Divide, Divide, Divide, Divide! And while the left is all up their own asses with their little pet causes, the right comes in and takes control over that which is rightly everyone's. And speaking of splinters, most pathetic of all: "The only thing that matters in the entire universe is the punk rock scene! And you're an evil, sell-out traitor to the sacred punk rock scene if you disagree with anything I say, listen to music that I don't like, dress funny, dress normal, laugh without permission, or even so much as speak to another artist who ever made a dime off of their years of hard work without at least beating them up first!"...how pathetic is that? Every day, I walk from my home to the offices of Alternative Tentacles, and I lose count of the number of people, including entire families, holding up cardboard signs saying "Homeless: Will Work for Food"! Hard as it may be for some crybabies to believe, people in that situation could care less that "Green Day and The Offspring sold out when they signed to major labels."! Other things are more important!"

- jello biafra

"Some day, even the experts will figure out, that crime is not caused by rap music...or even my music, but by a power structure of self-absorbed property owners so brain dead and stupid they won't even see that if you're too goddamn greedy to pay taxes for schools and services, they're not going to be any good any more! And that uneducated time bombs are a very poor investment as a future work force. And if you go on teaching people that life is cheap, and leave them to rot in ghettos and jails, they may one day feel justified in coming back to rob and kill you. Duh!"

- jello biafra

11. i want to be a teacher so this ones mine.

"Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach." Aristotle

12. Its really a song verse from Bob Marley, but i try to live my life by it...

"Don't worry about a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright"

Bob Marley~3 Little Birds

13. “Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
    -Terrence McKenna