Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quitting

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by B-unted, Nov 23, 2007.

1. so i feel i need to stop smoking for a few weeks till the semesters over. My roomate always has weed and we usually smoke 1-2 times a day more on the weekends. I dont really want to stop but i need to for my grades. any ideas tips or w/e to make it easier on me. advice?

2. Do you honestly think the weed is going to fuck up your grades? If anything the desire to have the bud would cloud your head up.

3. I had a friend that punched himself in the stomach everytime he was tempted, I don't quite recall if that was for herb or saying a swear word. I would just go for a walk, or try to block it out somehow, like playing a game with a headset on.

4. why stop smoking all together? just don't get high before you have to do school shit?

5. Yeah, no need to stop completely. Just use responsibly, like after classes and homework and that shit.

6. You should just make time for both.

7. #7 elfishio, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    <Redacted>

8. jus gotta make it worth it to you.

Consider it a 2 week(or however long) t-break so once the semester is over your grades are finalized, wake n bake and get blazed as shit

use the smoking as a reward method, where you only smoke when you deserve it, ie after a long nite of studying or after finishing a paper

or adopt the 'study high, take the test high, get a high score' philosophy, smoking weed isnt causing your grades to go down, its all that time you spend sober messin you up

9. 1) Stay busy. You seem to need to study, so you should have that part covered.
    2) Study/hang out with people who don't smoke. Honestly, when I've needed to distance myself from pot, I use a close friend who doesn't smoke as a barrier. Parents, significant other(s), friends, study groups, whatever - they're nice.
    3) If you usually smoke before bed, try forcing yourself not to one night - you'll feel different in the morning. I usually feel noticeably refreshed and more rested. The more I sleep well, the more I want to feel this way, and the easier it is to repeat. Seriously - try it.

I know what you mean - I'm trying to cut down right now for work too. Just stay focused and you should be alright.