Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting the sweeeeet Ganga

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jayd5023, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I have been smoking grass for a little more then than a year and want to take a little break, prob till around summer. I need TIPS for how to quit. I tried a couple times but cant stay away from it. PLEASE HELPPPPPP:metal:

2. i would sometimes quit by having a bag in my drawr, but saying to myself "the next bowl is your last one." i smoke that up, then dont touch the rest of the weed. you need to set a time for yourself.
    keeping your mind preoccupied is also good. whenever im bored i think about smoking. but when im playing a game, out with friends, eating, listening to music, etc. im never thinking about it. just keep your mind off of the subject.
    will power is one of your best tools. use it.

3. I smoke for a month then take a month off. Its actually pretty nice pretty cost saving and resets my tolerance so I dont go through as much :D. I havent had any problem quitting. Although the first few nights I never get sleep :mad:

4. i would get rid of all lighters in my house, clean all my pieces and store then way so i cant look at them. Keep your mind busy and try not to think bout how it would be cooler if i was stoned....makes you wanna blaze right there

5. If you had the real will to quit you could just say no when it's around. Stick to your guns or don't try to quit. Don't be a scavanger! :D

6. umm...self-control :D

7. You need to keep busy to keep your mind off it for the first week or so.. But you can pick up a hobby to pass the time. Like... growing! Then when you harvest it can be the end of your t-break and you can smoke away ;):p

Lol but good luck man

8. [quote name='boomer bumper']i would sometimes quit by having a bag in my drawr, but saying to myself "the next bowl is your last one." i smoke that up, then dont touch the rest of the weed. you need to set a time for yourself.
    keeping your mind preoccupied is also good. whenever im bored i think about smoking. but when im playing a game, out with friends, eating, listening to music, etc. im never thinking about it. just keep your mind off of the subject.
    will power is one of your best tools. use it.[/quote]

Master yourself.

9. Jagermeister, DXM, Magical Mushrooms, LSD, HBW Seeds...

All good ways to help satiate the need to not be sober.

Sounds bad, but if just trying to stop cold turkey isn't working, this might help if you really want to stop smoking weed that bad.

10. Try doing really well in school if you think you're capable. When the year is over it'll feel really good to know you at least tried, and it'll probably enhance your high seeing as school is stressful and can be frustrating if effort is put in.

I'm curious, what's your reason for taking a break?

11. At least you aren't quitting ganja...

-C

12. first of all, Don't pay attention to all the peoplehating or just saying stupid crap like "just have self control". So you weren't blessed with supreme self control abilities. who cares, we all have our vices.

Second, to contibute to your topic, Go out and buy anything marijuana scented, prefferably incense, as it adds a smoky feel to the room, as if you just smoked. now, and heres the hard part, become completely pre-occupied with something. playing guitar is great and works tremendously well for me. also reading, surfing the web (stumbleupon works wonders), video games ect.

What the incense will do is trick your mind into feeling like you should be high right then, as your brain connects this scent and the smokey atmosphere with weed. This will ONLY work if the fact that you actually didn't smoke, is completely out of your head. As you become focused on what you're doing at the time, the smell and smoke should be an after thought in your self-concious mind and remove the desire to smoke.

13. what ever you do make sure you dont hang out with friends that are stoned and/or are gonna smoke, thats a guaranteed way to relapse lol

14. Dont have any weed to smoke....

Clean all your peices so you cant even smoke resin......

Store em away.....

Get valarian root to help you fall asleep without weed.....Its at wal mart for like 5 bucks

As much as i hate to say it........stay away from grasscity.....It makes me wanna smoke talking about weed......

so im gunna go smoke....later

good luck

15. So acid is a weed addiction cure?

16. It's been said, but I've been clean for 3 weeks on straight will power. I did clean my pipes, but I have a jar with a large bud of crazy grapefruit bud not 5 feet away from where I sit right now. Sometimes I go smell it, check it out with the magnifying glass, even smoke up my buddy. Maybe it's easier for me since it's a tolerance break, and knowing how crazy high i'll be in a week. Gives me something to look forward too. If I smoke now, I'll blow it.

17. dont buy any more weed, that should help

18. Not a cure, but a distraction. LSD is guaranteed not to produce addiction.

19. Like everyone said.. just keep your mind busy with things. Everytime you get bored, you'll be thinking about how awesome it would be to toke it up right then. Put all your pieces, bongs, vaporizers, etc. away so you can't see them in plain view.
    YOU CAN DO IT!

20. I would just try to do other things like go out on the weekends and do lots of activities. Also working out is really fun on t breaks.