Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. [quote name='"ZeldaTRIPsacK"']my friends started hearing voices in his head, went to a mental hospital and hes fine now[/quote]

Friends? As in this happened to multiple people?

2. I have quit weed cold turkey several times.
    it usually doesnt give side effects but ya it might change your body sleep cycle or some slight mental craving for the high but not more than that.
    max upto 2 weeks.nothing much to worry about nor as bad as alcohol hangover

3. I haven't smoked in almost a month and a half while job searching. Honestly other than just wanting to smoke for the first week I really haven't had any issues other than maybe being a bit bored. ;)

4. When i take a t break for the first couple days its hard to eat and sleep and i wake up sweaty as shit, which shouldnt happen as im in very good shape. Other than that i just really want to smoke.

5. one my friend cant sleep or eat without it, like he is incredibly dependent on it.

6. didnt really have any side effects went 2 months at one point. only thing i can think of was first couple days wanting to blaze up but other than that nothing. Could be cause i have quit liquor, cocaine, x, and cigs in my time so weed was pretty basic.

Eit: ha lol read it through after i posted an I AM NOT trying to be a bad ass over here in my post lmao

7. Usually having trouble sleeping or lack of appetite. But there was one point when I smoked blunts all day every day. I came down with severe depression, tiredness, and paranoia, to the point where I could "feel" the paranoia in waves. For 2 weeks after my last major sesh, I didn't feel normal at all. I guess that's what I got for abusing mary jane.

8. The only side effects I've had when I'm outta weed is a desire to smoke weed and being really damn bored.

9. I wouldn't say there are any long term side effects. All the short term memory issues that come with smoking regularly gradually dissipate after quitting, I'd say a little over a month before you're 100% back to normal.

The only things you'll really notice are how bad your short term memory got, you don't really realize this when you're smoking regularly, but don't worry it comes back. You'll also likely have trouble sleeping for a couple weeks and for a few days if you smoked every day you'll eat significantly less but eventually everything's back to normal.

Sources: Went from smoking every day for a year to quitting for a year straight.

10. #110 Amath, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    Wel i smoked heavy for 3 years , im from estonia but moved to ireland to work 6 yrs ago and there where it all begin. ( HOPE u all understund my english lol )

I lost work year ago and i cudnt spend anymore money on weed, 25 e per g.... all my social went on weed, i saved every penny to get another bag indeed of buyng something to myself or whatever.

I stopped once for 3 weeks when i went to holiday in estonia, i didnt have any effects ecxept sleeping (got insomnia becoz of night shift work) didnt have any friend who smoked there and very hard to get stuff in there.

So i came back to irl , and my only friend here who brought me into smoking, did it again , i got so nice stoned and all started again until now, i tried stop again, i was wake about 2 days , tottaly fcked up, so i was thinking im not able to sit in bed another 10 hr this nite til morning ,I decided to smoke 1 J b4 bed to get nice sleep, but what i got was crazy panic attack ( thought this time its just oversmoked feeling as i didnt sleep and smoke for few days) i was in bed 2 hr nearly passed out , my body was shaking , i cudnt control it for 15 min after i relaxed my breathing, im having all of thes effects now , so big stress , anger , depression, anxiety, dont wanna go nowhere or talk nobody , its been 4 days from last J , my heart rates goes up sometimes and im thinking that now comes again this fcking feeling and i pass out,,, alll this shit bcoz of weed, i will never touch it anymore, i feel happy for those u not suffering at all. I went to Dr and explaind my situation coz i was loosing my mind, i got sleeping pills(Zimovane) whats putting me sleep every time now( last 3 nights) and i felt much better after visit. Aite Peace

11. Lose my appetite, lay awake in bed for hours thinking, the appetite thing is good because I eat too much but the not being able to sleep thing can be kinda annoying but I'm pretty good at functioning on no sleep

12. i used to eat like animal when i was stoned , big bags of sweets , litres of ice cream , didnt finish when all the sweets were gone. i was getting fat , 86 kg/190lbs at peak, now i lost over 24 pounds already , getting back to where i was before weed .

13. i last smoked like a half a bowl on dec. 14th and a bowl on dec. 10th and it's been fine, but my lungs still sometimes feel sore, i had to quit because my lungs were just getting sore and it was hard to catch my breath and sometimes it still happens like tonight, that's why i'm on grass city to see if i can figure out how long i should expect my lungs to be sore for, it's almost been two weeks now and i still get soreness in either my left lung and it's hard to catch my breath, or it feels like my heart is pounding more than normal (although about a little over a month ago i had an ekg and blood pressure and blood test and was told everything looks healthy with my heart, still makes me paranoid though, i'm 23). i also haven't been coughing up as much shit as i thought i would, usually just a little bit in the morning but nothing significant so i'm wondering how long it should take for my lungs to be completely healthy? i'm at the point now where i haven't smoked for a while and i don't care about going for months or whatever, although i do still think about smoking a lot and really wish i could just roll a few fat spliffs and rip into those bad boys.

14. When I stopped, I noticed no physical changes, just more irritable. That's basically it.

15. when i take a break the only symptom i notice is not getting high and a bit of boredom. If i have trouble sleeping i just count '1' as i breathe in and '2' as i breathe out and eventually im passed out.

16. There aren't really any side affects to stopping, except possibly returning to an unstable mental state if you were in one previous to smoking and dope helped you with it. I quit for two years after having smoked for three and the only thing that happened was I was a bit irritable for a few days and occasionally got cravings for weed. If you have any problems their probably unrelated to smoking or not smoking weed.

17. Go to dr just in case , ive smoked sicas 12 years plus pot over 3 , now thats my 6th day without pot.. but i dont feel like my lungs are sore....

18. Dope never helped u , it always pushed the problems foward, once u quit and have any problems or u will get any stress then u will get nice side affects when u dont smoke ! But ofc it takes few weeks , like i told i went thru hell in first few days.

19. i checked myself into the ER mid-november after about three days of chest pains, didn't know if it was my lungs or my heart or what, and got three different opinions saying i should go to the ER, so i did, that's when i had the ekg/blood test/blood pressure taken, and i think a chest x-ray but not exactly sure what it was, and they said my heart is healthy. i told them i smoke and that it feels like after a few months it is catching up to me, but they didn't really mention anything about smoking or my lungs. just hoping this passes after about a month smoke free, i read last night that that could be how long it takes to stop shortness of breath which i think just generally makes my chest and back muscles sore trying to catch my breath. i don't really get worse soreness when i breathe or anything it's just a general soreness in my lungs or chest sometimes that comes with shortness of breath. it's hard to describe but on a scale of 1-10 pain is like a 2, it is more uncomfortable and hard to relax than painful.

hope this makes sense thanks for reading and responding.

20. I quit smoking a few weeks ago, and I'm still I guess 'feeling it'.
    Understand that it's different for everybody. My personal side effects I've noticed:
    Irritability, insomnia, headaches, trouble eating, laziness, I'm really unorganized, hot/cold/hot/cold, and I REAAALLLYYYY want to get high. Most of that wore off in the first few days. I still get headaches and have trouble sleeping and eating.
    This may be something completely different, but has anybody ever had like a few seconds of having a placebo high for no reason? I kinda get that head rush and feel like I just took a fat hit.
    Keep in mind, I used to smoke a couple times a day, and I'd be smoking top shelf medical.

• Like Like x 1