Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Can't sleep. Really the only thing. Maybe throw in I'm more paranoidish when I dont smoke cause I think to much.

2. Do any of you find it necessary to quit? I know some people quit for job reasons, drug tests etc, but i think i'm going to be loading up my vape every night until i die.

3. I personally don't. I'm only doing it to reset my tolerance and just to prove to myself that I can do it. Why would anyone want to quit for good? hehe

4. Some people don't want to quit, but need to for jobs and what not.

Only side-effect that happens with me when I stop for a period of time is that I'm pretty irritable that first week of stopping, about it. I will say the first time I stopped smoking, after smoking for close to a year, that first week I was irritable like usual, but also had a hard time eating.

I would feel hungry, get the food, take a couple bits and my stomach would go to shit. End up being nauseous. But that only happen the first time I stopped.

5. yeah i definitely have a harder time concentrating/remaining motivated for schoolwork. definitely the opposite of what is taught to people..

it's not that life is boring without weed, life is great. But weed makes it that much greater

6. I get annoyed real easy, can't eat, can't sleep.
    Body gets shaky and headaches, and I sweat a lot.

7. im speaking for myself here so im not trying to say this happens to everyone...

but depending on how hard u smoked depends on the withdrawal symptoms and if u say there are no withdrawal symptoms then u didnt smoke hard enough or long enough its as simple as that ...theres withdrawal symptoms from cigs and caffefine so plz dont act like weed doesnt have withdrawals cuz it does

i smoked all day every day for about four years it wld be the first thing i wld do wen i woke up and the last thing i did before i went to bed

for about a month i experienced tremors, shakiness, some headaches, anxiety, depression which is still occuring up to 7 weeks after no use ...my appetite was also completely non existent and it took a medication called remeron to help get it back...that also helped with the sleeping problem which its mainly used for

weed might not literally kill brain cells but if u use it like half of the ppl on this forum say they use it it will "slow" you down and weaken your cognitive functioning it might not happen right away but years of daily use WILL catch up to you i dont care who you are it WILL catch up to you ive seen quite a few ppl who used weed daily and their brains are sadly fried from it....

with that being said weed is safer than alcohol no doubt in my mind ...moderation is the key....and it pisses me off that alcohol a DRUG that kills a 100,000 ppl a year (prob more) is legal i mean come on now really? really ?

moderation for the win

8. Side effects of quitting marijuana for me are, Depression, nausea, lack of appetite, trouble sleeping, anxiety, panic attacks.... yeah I don't plan on quitting anytime soon.

9. wat happens wen the time comes where u might have to quit or want to? the side effect will be twice as bad the longer u go

10. [quote name='"king8128"']

wat happens wen the time comes where u might have to quit or want to? the side effect will be twice as bad the longer u go[/quote]

Wtf no it won't.

11. eh shits are irregular, hard to sleep and eat. Pretty grumpy for the first couple of days but afterward all good.

12. stopped smoking cold turkey 3 weeks ago, having atleast 2 dreams a night about random shit that correlates to my day.

Extremely vivid aswell! I was having a dream and somebody turned the heater on in my dream, i woke up sweaty wrapped in my blanket:eek:

13. Am I and like 2 other people the only ones that just continue living normally with no problems when we stop smoking?

14. were you a HEAVY user?

When you smoke so much that it effects you on a psychological level and then you quit cold turkey, your liable to feel some sort of width drawl symptoms.

whether that be stress, appetite, or whatever weed treated for you. If your a recreational user i could see it not effecting you as much, since you didn't have a need for it, thus you wont notice much but maybe a lil less fun in life.

15. I smoke twice a day. I've taken multiple t-breaks. I usually can't sleep and I eat less. After the 2 week mark, its cake man. Even after just one week, most the side effects go away for me.

16. actually it will quit playing stupid man

17. some people think smoking one joint a day is HEAVY use hahahahaha

joints and blunts get u the least amount of THC try bong rips to the face all day every day thats wat i consider HEAVY

18. 3 days left of my 30 day diet. Exercise was definitely the key for me to get past the side effects. Taking 30 days off was a real eye opener for me. Gave me a chance to reflect on everything I learned while smoking for the past year and a half (relatively new smoker). Not to mention I've been taking fish oil, so hopefully my tolerance got a nice reset. Just ordered an XL chamber and quick draw for my M420 as well. Had to treat myself for all my hard work! :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I usually just have problems going to sleep and I wake up more during the night. Like the blade said above exercise helps a lot.

20. my friends started hearing voices in his head, went to a mental hospital and hes fine now