quitting cigarettes, smoking herbs?

Discussion in 'General' started by ducky420, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me and my friends want to quit cigarettes, but nicotine patches and stuff are too expensive. plus, it's more the smoking aspect that's addictive, not the nicotine. and weed is too expensive to smoke all day every day.

I've seen shady looking "fake bud" ads all over the place. I'm wondering if there are any legal (and cheap) herbs I can roll instead of smoking a cigarette. I just want something to casually smoke that won't give me cancer or get me high in situations where getting high is not good.

Do any of you guys have any experience with this?

Thanks!

2. #2 Kramer, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
    Guy, I'm the prime example of the no tobacco, all herb policy.

You know what you could do instead of the patches and the legal herbs?

You could just get a shit ton of mids and roll jays with your mids.

Anytime you get an urge, go smoke yourself stupid.

Edit - Well shit, I'unno what to tell you for in public usage.

3. haha, I used to do that, but then my grades went down

now I only smoke in the evenings

4. word, im strictly nugs too, it seems though as i get older smokin' a cig or 2 here or there isnt that big of a deal. back in the day i was almost afraid of its effects because of all the family members it has killed but now i cant say i care/as am strict about my policy.
    anyways
    get off the 'wacko yo and go w/ the mids idea.

5. I hear that red clover helps.

Don't buy the "100% Legal Bud" shit. Buy a couple of the ingredients and smoke those instead. Stuff like lettuce opium, salvia leaves, blue lotus, etc.

6. I know what you mean man. I'm kinda the same way except work has almost made me start smoking cigs, But I despise them with a passion. I just need something to do on my breaks at work to keep from going crazy...

7. If you have done acid before (Freind did this) and according to him, it takes 14 days to get over the physical addiction of cigs, but the first 3 are the worst. So what he did was take 2 hits of acid in the morning. Then he took 1 the next day. The first day he completly forgot about cigs, and in the morning of the 2nd day he still felt some of the after effects so he took another hit.

8. #8 ducky420, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    it's not the physical addiction, it's psychological. I just like smoking. I just want to smoke something that doesn't give me cancer.

and I don't have any acid... but there are shrooms over there.... =D

9. probably no difference but i prefer cigars over cigarettes.... i guess its the same but cigars are way more enjoyable and last longer... cheap cigars ftw.

10. Damn, I can totally recommend going all green. I used to smoke Newports, then switched to Djarum's, Salvia, then now I'm all green. Honestly, If you don't have mad funds to throw around, or can grime... don't start smoking bud, smoke salvia leaves instead. It's so fucking cheap for the leaves, and will give you a slight trip everytime you smoke it (unlike cigarettes). It's just as lung "safe" as weed, and is legal *lol*

Just my 2 cents dude cuz I been down that road. Lay off the death sticks.

11. Don't discount the chemical addication. Studies have shown that nicotine is 100X more addictive than heroin.

I too am under the spell of the evil Princess Camel. She haunts me, always the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing I do before I go to sleep. That's bitch isn't cheap either, At $4.65 a throw, twice a day she cleans me out!

God damn cigarettes :devious:

12. basically Black and Mild fast breaks ftw. ;-)

13. I decided to quit smoking and have been fighting through it. The first three days do indeed suck a lot, you just need to learn how to fight the cravings. I just bought a lot of gum. Whenever I had a craving and would've stepped outside to smoke, I just chewed on a piece of gum. Just find something to keep your mind off of the urge to smoke.

Another thing that helped me out was writing down all the reasons I want to quit on a sheet of paper. I keep it in my wallet so that whenever I really want to smoke I can just read over them and convince myself it's not really worth it. On the back I wrote a bunch of statistics on tobacco use to scare myself as well.

It really helps if you quit together with your friends, that way you can support each other and help each other through it all. The most important thing is to just keep your mind off of cigarettes. Keep yourself occupied most of the time and you won;t have a problem.

14. Salivia is illegal in Florida, Gov. Christ has been cracking down alot.

15. yeah i was thinking black and milds... and white owl + philly stuff... im not to picky. B&M anything ftw really....

16. #16 TheBlueSalmon, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
    Hey fellow tokers, I came across this thread while researching legality of herbal cigarettes and realized @ducky420 didn't really get an answer about alternatives to smoking, so I thought I would mention for those interested....

I am currently working on making a line of herbal smoke-able products, and while in product testing stage I discovered a few things - I would like to add that these discoveries are currently based on first time user experience over a short (3 days) period of time using the product and more in depth and comprehensive testing is being done. Also, I am not trying to advertise them for sale here, but simply giving my findings along the way, and my offers are merely to network and get feedback.

One of the herbs we used has had a very distinct sedative sensation - especially oral - and provides a definitive calming affect. My dad is a recovering drug abuser and has real bad withdrawal anxiety, he uses cigarettes to cure this - and of course gets real antsy when he doesn't have one. Upon smoking one of our herbal blends - after taking away his smokes and waiting for a real obvious moment of anxiety - he said that he was instantly relaxed. He did mention it was a little short lived, but upon investigation he said the affect was much longer than a tobacco cigarette - so he was comparing to a high at first, since it was somewhat strong. Since then we have been branching out into other benefits of the affects on other indivduals.

I call them a 'herbal blend' because by legal definition 'a "Cigarette" means any roll for smoking made wholly or in part of tobacco, irrespective of size or shape and irrespective of the tobacco being flavored, adulterated, or mixed with any other ingredient' and ours DO NOT contain tobacco.

If anyone is interested in trying some out while we are still in trial stage we would love to get some more outside opinions, especially from seasoned smokers that enjoy quality (and especially smokers of the cannabis herb, although our's will not contain any for now). If interested, email me and I would be glad to send some out once we are ready to take in that volume of data - so probably when the website is up. :)

And, although we will probably never advertise as a method to quit, it is definitely my preferred alternative smoke - and my personal opinion is that it is healthier, although a few herbal cigarette companies (meaning their blends contain tobacco) in states outside of mine (Seattle, Washington) were required to indicate on the box that they do produce tar and carbon monoxide (any 'brown organic material' that is burnt will produce this) and cannot advertise that they are healthier than cigs.

Also, one thing people seem to find interesting is that herbal smokes are not required to have a surgeon general warning on the box, and they CAN be sold to minors in some states. You'd think if they were that much alike in the harmful aspects there would be some mother somewhere getting uppity about it.

Sorry I am lacking on references, it is Christmas day and I need to get to family. If you have any questions, please, do message me or reply, I am on this site often and I have references on file for most of these facts. Keep it lit.

17. LMFAO what?

Maybe I should start doing heroin then since I don't get addicted to cigs at all :rolleyes:

18. If you want to quit smoking, then electronic cigarettes is a best alternate for you. These electronic cigarettes are cost effective than the other conventional cigarettes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.