Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting cigarettes means no weed for me

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RS7K, Mar 31, 2006.

1. ok but weed has millions and millions of uses and purposes man unlike tabacco weed can be used for medical purposes and also happens to make the strongest natural fiber known to man i mean shit just look on here for what weed can be used for

Edit: also cant forget the fact that it gets ya high:D

u make a good point tho it does need to be controlled... LEGALIZE IT!

2. I can't think of anything to write in responce that wouldn't be rude. Someone didn't smoke any pot today, eh?

3. change your triggers

unless you change how you toke you'll always have that tick so avoid cigs and smoke with non-smoking friends and so on

have babycarrots or something similar on hand to chew or toy with as you would a cigarette or try tapering down only smoking a few when high buy a few off a friend for like some annoying price that keeps you feeling dirty about the habit

4. im trying to quit i need to cause of basketball and shit

i drink alot i mean 12 pack when i go out all the tiem

im not stupid i have a 3.5 gpa i was held back cuase of sports

5. i'm one of the lucky few who doesn't like cigarettes. I smoke them occasionally when they are offered to me or im fiendin' some dank. But i keep it to primetimes or cigars.

6. Dude, chill the fuck out.

7. The trick is to stop and to never do it again, my mate who used to smoke heavily did that at least. After the first few days the withdrawel symptoms leave.. Theres no point cutting down or saying im gonna quit tomorrow, u just have to do it and not smoke again.

8. i am myself a cigarette smoker, and, oddly enough, when i'm high i never get the urge to smoke a cig.

i probably smoke about a 1/2 dozen a day, but during the 2 or so hours when i'm high after toking, i just totally forget about cigs. (might have to do with the fact that we roll our joints 50% baccy 50% bud here in europe)

on the other hand, when i don't have bud, i usually smoke more cigs...

9. I like cigarettes high. I LOVE cigarettes drunk. I could continue to smoke if I quit cigs, but drinking would be... well I'd break.

10. this time i think this is my last pack....i hope:( i hate how ill be chilling with someone at a party and they'll ask me to hold their cig and ill take a small drag then want to smoke a whole cig. Im going to try to up my willpower this time

11. I smoke ciggs and I belive its one of the most terrible things to do, but I still do it. Also, danwasbored why dont you stop smoking weed seeing that dealers get your money and when they get arrested all there profits go to the government.

12. I know how you feel, i smoke a cigarette after every blunt i smoke. It's a really good feeling. It's a simple pleasure every one should enjoy but quitting cigarettes can be hard as hell, it's actually harder then quitting heroin or cocaine (nicotine is more addictive but has milder with-drawal symptoms) but as i was saying i know how you feel. best of luck to you my friend.

13. "The best part of smoking weed, is smoking a cigarette after"

This was a quote that i made up while blazed as hell with my friends. This is defiantly an association with weed and cigs. i smoke about 1 pack a week and mostly after i smoke weed. which is probably at least 2 times a day.

But right now i am sick as a dog and my throat is killing me. This is the time i am choosing to quit since it hurts to smoke. this tread is helping me to thx.

I agree its all about willpower and i hope that i have it to quit, cause my grandma died from it and its stupid.

14. I was under the impression that marijuana affected your large airways; cigarettes affect small airways. Marijauna causes lung expansion and cigarettes confine them. Made sense to me.. since after smoking a cigarette and then smoking pot it becomes hard to take in all the smoke. This means marijuana can't cause emphyseme or phlegm. I think i read this on marijuana.com aages ago.

15. I never craved a cig while high, mostly while drinking, and I'll take a hookah session over a cig anyday. Weed and cigs definetely don't go hand in hand to me, not like weed and munchies :)

16. to coin a phrase used by red's dreads in his sig, the journey of life should not be one where the objective is to arrive safley at the grave, in an attractive and well-kept body, it should be to slide in sideways, bowl in hand, body thouroughly used and enjoyed. toke on man!

17. hahaha, Naughtyneighbor has 420 posts! :hello:

But back to the point. I can't tell you from first hand experience my feelings about this, because I've never really liked cigs very much... but oh boy do I love weed.

However, I do wonder why getting a vaporizer isn't the option? I'm not sure if I'm understanding.

is it: When you're high, you really crave cigs?

or is it: When you smoke weed, you crave a cigarette because you're enjoying the "smoking" factor so much?

because, if it's the second one, both eating and vaping would solve that problem, I think. somebody should give him some feedback on my post, cause i'm not sure if i'm right about this, but if i am it could be a really easy solution for you. Drop a little cash and you're set? Maybe, let's find out.

18. Cigs r just really nice when ur baked. I usually have one or two while im high :smoke:

19. More power to you man, I usually smoke cigarettes a lot when I dont have any weed, and then of course there's times after I blaze that I am really feening for a cigarette, but I think it's just in your mindset, you should be able to smoke weed and just smoke weed, not have to have a cigarette, just look at it in the aspect that you will need to break this 'high' habit as if it were any habit, if you know what I mean.

So basically you need to just figure out what you want to do, it would be disdainful for you not to smoke on 420, but I really think that you should just not buy any cigarettes or bum them the next few times you toke, you will eventually break the habit:)