Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Because of ........... Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by puffinparent, Jul 10, 2010.

1. I love smoking. I truly believe it has done great things for me and my personal hapiness and development. I have 2 young kids and a challenging spouse, and smoking has kept me away from really being stressed out.

BUT- I sort of think all good things come to an end. I have tried to quit several times, and failed- because I told myself that I was on an important journey of happiness and finding the meaning of life.

But here I am- I think I have reached somewhere that was unattainable without smoking. Can I quit now?

2. well the meaning of life is not smoking but it does make the search more interesting.

3. I don't think that Smoking is about reaching a certain place of 'enlightenment', but rather living life to the fullest and enjoying all aspects of it. If you can manage a balanced life style while still smoking, why not?

I feel that as long as I'm treating marijuana as a life-enhancer and not an escape-from-reality then all is good :hello:

4. Your post is a tad cryptic. Why quit something that has done great things for one's own sense of happiness? It sounds like you're trying to quit just because of that saying. Why make it come to an end if it doesn't need to happen? Why force yourself to do something that you don't want to do, and doesn't need to be done?

5. Yeah,you can quit :D ,but in a few months you come crawling back,THEY ALWAYS COME CRAWLING BACK!MUAH-AHA-AHA:devious:! HAHAHAHAH,j/king.:laughing: It's cool man,weed isn't needed but it is nice to have.

Good Luck and Have As Much FUN As possible in your journey through Sobriety :hello::yay::hello:

6. #6 GCstoner, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Do what you gotta do man.If you feel quitting or slowing down is best then i think you should do it,but only you figure out if you wanna stick with it.If you wanna smoke blunts,then smoke blunts,but if you would rather pass on that then grab a beer and kick back dude.

*edit* Why did you join,if you're quitting?Still,update your thread and tell us how your mission is going,best of luck to you

7. Marijuana is a very mild psychedelic, if your really looking for some type of enlightenment you should look into other psychedelics drugs IMO. And yes if you want to quit for what ever reasons then do, chances are it will be for the better and if not then you can always come back.

8. heheheh ,you quitting made me think of this song.give it a listen:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ml5XPArPY]YouTube - Evidence - "Chase The Clouds Away"[/ame]

9. if your going for enlightenment than look into some stronger psychedelics. but why quit something that makes you feel good? smoking isnt all about the higher plane of thinking, its all about feeling good man. feeling good> not feeling as good

10. Enlightenment doesn't come at 10 bucks a hit sir. But yeah smoking shouldn't be your only gateway to a higher plane, hell it shouldn't even be a main one.

I'm slightly confused by your...well everything actually. Please explain more and not be another one post wonder.

11. Thank you for the thoughts....

As to the reason for quitting- FIRST I am having alot of trouble with the moderation. I used to smoke frequently, but it turned into all the time.

SECOND, the effects became too powerful. Like when I would toke, I could pass out standing up, or driving, etc.

The highs were too high and the lows- well I wasn't high, so they weren't as good..

12. if you think your life will be better without you blazing, then quit

13. [quote name='Mental']Enlightenment doesn't come at 10 bucks a hit sir. QUOTE]

deffniatly makes it easier.

if its getting to intense, than yea, id quit.

14. I disagree.

15. A common misconception but like with marijuana everyone is differen't and some things aren't right for some people.
    You should get yourself checked for narcolepsy or something like that because thats pretty crazy, i have narcolepsy without cataplexy and i smoke a lot but i've never just passed out like that.

16. Thats hella funny. :hello:

Enlightenment definatly doesn't come at ten bucks a hit. But anyone who thinks they found the meaning of life on marijuana, needs to get really bent.

17. Everything in moderation my friend. The great thing about cannabis is that its not habit forming or addictive. Donate your stuff or throw it away. Do not make any contact with the person(s) you get it from. See how you feel after two weeks. I refrained from smoking for 14 days. Thought I would be a different/better person. Only thing my abstinence did was make me feel more anxious and nervous.

18. +rep for blowing my mind :D

19. Mhh, that passing out while standing doesn´t sound good, like has been said you should get that looked into, cause i don´t think that can happen just from Herb. Then again, all people are different, so i don´t know what effects it produces in your system. I hope you have an easy turn from the herb and find happines :D Cause that is all that matters.

20. enlightenment is its own journey that is far above anything drugs can give you. yes, they can expand your mind and make it easier to shift perspectives but how often do you see an acid head who is on the spiritual plane of deepak chopra? i've used drugs as a tool for this for sure, but my enlightenment isn't dependent on them and experiences fade with time. spiritual knowledge remains. life is about balance, why quit if you enjoy it and it isn't hampering your progress? you said you tried to smoke less and couldn't. well, an enlightened person would smoke exactly how much they should. master that. just some of my thoughts