Quitting all drugs- need tips.

Discussion in 'General' started by fourtwozer0, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I'm not talking shit just my experience

I dunno dude I dropped outta high school when I already had a job because I hated all the bullshit there and would rather make money...I ended up quittin that job and now have been in the no job boat for awhile. I have applied at so many places for a job and I finally got an interview tomorrow. I got my GED and am in college now only because it was to hard to find a job and I realized I don't wanna work at wendy's/walmart/dominos for the majority of my life.

It is possible to get by working a regular job but its not easy. If you work 2 jobs you would be pretty busy. Wouldn't you rather get even a 2 year degree to get a career type job and work a lot less and get paid a lot more?

I know money isn't everything but it is something you need to live.

If I was you I would get my GED and head off to california to go to college. (there are a lot of low intrest student loans and free grants from the government)

But for some tips on not buying drugs:

I'm pretty sure you can deposit your money into a savings account where you won't be able to access it for a set amount of time (6 months, 1 year etc.) It will gain a small amount of intrest. Just take out what money you need for the week (2 weeks if you get paid biweekly) and throw the rest in there. No money = No drugs

In stead of wanting to use usually I listen to music and walk or exercise. Sometimes just being outside makes me feel fuckin bomb.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a job and maintaining self control to not break your promise to yourself. I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

2. hey man, take it from someone who fucked off their entire high school career, stay in school and study. it's not worth the time to have to go back later on in life when you discover you can't get anywhere without a certificate you got an "education". i know how it is, school isn't your thing but don't blow it off. i was supposed to graduate in '08 but lacked one credit i couldn't earn in summer/night classes so they wanted me back a 5th year. i smoked a lot of pot and decided i didn't want to go back. then this past summer, i did the GED testing. they say its high school equivalency, but in the eyes of employers, its not. i ranked in the top 98% of people in my state in the testing, but i still can't get a job anywhere so i'm forced to be a self employed carpenter/mechanic, something where there's no money. i don't want to see anyone in a situation they'll regret, because i know sure as shit i regret it.

look at finishing high school as your job for the rest of the year. from there, do whatever makes you happy, because you'll be able to unlike me. please man, just do it. you're too smart to fuck something like this up.

3. yeah but so did every panhandler

4. #24 fourtwozer0, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Lol.. dude when I say I'm not going to be a panhandler I KNOW for a fact that I won't be.

I have backups if shit doesn't work out the way I want.
    My dad offered to hire me already at 12 dollars an hour, but I'm trying to do shit without help from my whole family.

EDIT: Does anybody have experience with online high school?
    I'd possibly be interested in that.
    Found this site claiming to give a LEGIT high school diploma- not a GED.
    But I'm wonderin' how that shit works with tests, essays, etc.
    I have 34 credits and think I need 6-7 more to graduate.

5. ^^

I hope you read what docleary said.

6. Awesome bro. And i really wish you good luck in your future

7. tried that, its bullshit. not worth the time. i did 6 classes worth of online bullshit and don't have shit to show for it.

8. Quit buying cigs and just buy weed. Cigs kill you man.

9. #29 fourtwozer0, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Well fuck, I guess I can only hope shit goes my way from here on out. = /

Hahah, cig's killin' me is the last thing on my mind.

10. Or you could just grow up a little, realize that school is almost over for you, and just finish ;)

If your reason for wanting to drop out was any good you wouldn't be so hesitant to express it online.

11. Doesn't matter what my reason was- good or not.
    Lol , I don't recall asking whether or not I should stay in high school either :confused:

Guess these are the responses I should've expected though.

12. Seriously your under 18, if your not you have 3 months left to graduate and then BAM move to California. Don't expect to get any job without a High School Education that isn't physical labor.

All the luck.

13. I was born In Cali and spent 20 years out there.
    Yes it's fun. But go with caution as cost of living is almost double there.
    I would recommend Sandiego as a good starting point. Possibly Imperial Beach.
    There's some good areas to live in but there is allot of gang BS out there so watch that to.

As to the quitting.
    I have to agree with get a hobby like building models, or pick up a radio controlled toy like a plane and learn to fly. something along those lines. Or a REALLY sexually active girlfriend and just bone every time you want to get high.

The cigarettes though. You might want to re-think that. Pot would be cheaper to smoke in the long run. If a pack lasts you 2 days which i doubt you're looking at almost $200 a month on just smokes. Apposed to maybe a 100 on an Oz and make it last a month...

But these are choices you have to make for your self. I'm just putting ideas out there for yah.
    And I'm not being judgmental. I dropped out and now I run 2 companies. Computer repair and Mechanics.

I will how ever say to squeeze a GED in there some where it will help largely with getting a decent job in Cali.

14. just go back to school man trust fuck jobs right now shits a waste you can get the government to give you money for school and shit for free. stay high till u die:smoke:

but if you wanna quit man only advice i really got is stay active doing something don't be bored go workout do pull ups dips push ups everyday if you got no gym thats straight.

15. yes i have read it, and i dont know how long i am going to do it, until it doesnt suit me i suppose. I have never attempted anything like this so i really dont know how its going to turn out

16. :hello:

17. Trust me man... finish school. I said fuck school too.. then after realizing how bad I fucked up, sitting in jail more then a few times, I went back and finished. You will get no where in this country without a highschool diploma/GED... hell an associates degree is like the bare minimum these days. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you won't get lucky and score a good paying job without a diploma, but its highly unlikely.

As for quitting drugs, I've had to do it several times due to legal trouble and what not. The main thing is separating yourself from those friends who are continuously doing drugs.. it's too hard to be around it and not do it.

The next big step is occupying your time.. always have something to do.. Such as going to work, then before you even leave work have something set that you will do when you get home (whether its cook dinner then eat, then clean, then surf the internet) .. it doesn't matter what you do, just that you are busy.

Hope I could help even a slight bit.

18. I wouldn't come to vancouver, you'd love it, but as a poor student you wont make it. The cost of living is ridiculous.

19. Honestly good luck man.

Dropping out is the stupidest thing you could possibly do, you think you can save $15 grand in one year without a diploma? Dream on. Even if you save literally every penny you'd be lucky to earn $10 grand working a minimum wage job....Also, what do you think will happen in CA? You will magically find a great job with no high school education and your only work experience being a minimum wage job? All the Mexicans over there basically control lawn jobs and construction jobs so good luck with that.

I don't care you said not to lecture, someone has to say something because you are really going to have a shitty life...did you think about what you are going to do at age 30 with no high school diploma? You couldn't even work your way up to being manager at some shitty grocery store...

Well despite my harsh words, good luck.

20. So you're a senior and theres only like 4-5 months left of school and you're dropping out?That's the most pointless thing ever,getting to the final stretch of high school and then dropping out right at the end of it.