Quiting nicotine help

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Mendo, May 22, 2018.

1. Hey guys. I'm having a major problem here. I vape nicotine. 70MG of nicotone salts to be exact. I'm ALWAYS vaping it. I cant for the life of me stop. The cravings are killing me. I'm spending 300 a month on vape juice alone. Anybody have any tips on how to help me quit. I'm thinking about nicotone gum or patches.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Toke-A-Cola, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Edit: That was a long mess, so I decided to refine.

To cut back - Stop vaping the flavors you like. It's not just the addiction you have to break, but also the habit, buy smaller juice bottles so you have to go to the store when you're out, make outside or an empty room your designated vaping area), make it an inconvenience and uncomfortable to vape.

To quit - Replace all craving with a joint when you can, distract yourself with something else when you can't (even if that means seeing how long you can hold you breath; mint's and mobile games can also help).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Honestly bro just make the decision to cut that shit out, 70 mg? Jesus Christ. Stick to weed before you get nic sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Patches will make ya sick and give ya a rash. Gum is addictive as well. I’d bump down the nicotine level of your juice slowly and look at your life are you stressed do you have adhd or add are you borde with to much time on your hands? I quit smoking 2 years ago and also vape I’m at 6% nicotine level hoping to get down to 3% next month.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree on weening of the nicotine levels. Try to ween off the levels and the frequency that you vape. 70 mg is a fucking shit load. Once you ween down to a small mg number switch to just smoking weed instead. Either don't smoke/vape or just smoke weed. You might not even want to get stoned at that time but that's part of why it should help you quit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I quit smoking after 37 years. I first used the patch and cut it down little by little but I missed the hand to mouth act of smoking so I vaped for about a year and just worked my way down to 0 nicotine. The patch gave me a rash and vivid horrible nightmares. By the time I got to 0, it didn't seem to make sense anymore to vape so I just stopped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I found that worked good, I was really high for two or three days after I replaced nicotine with cannabis, I didn't really like it, just a couple puffs from a joint usually cleared the cravings, only thing being a couple puffs adds up to a hundred rather quick; I didn't see a large increase in my weekly usage though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You may find this to be interesting if you are trying to quit tobacco/nicotine!

Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings
    http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/CBDcigarettes.pdf
    (link is to the full study)

“24 smokers were randomised to receive an inhaler of CBD (n=12) or placebo (n=12) for one week, they were instructed to use the inhaler when they felt the urge to smoke. Over the treatment week, placebo treated smokers showed no differences in number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, those treated with CBD significantly reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by ~40% during treatment. Results also indicated some maintenance of this effect at follow-up. These preliminary data, combined with the strong preclinical rationale for use of this compound, suggest CBD to be a potential treatment for nicotine addiction that warrants further exploration.“

The inhaler they used would give almost instantaneous results, as would inhaling the vapor from a “high CBD” strain of cannabis using a vaporizer or vape pen.

A 40% reduction in tobacco use in one week, isn’t bad. Don’t you wonder what the reduction would have been if they had run the study for more than just 7 days? (I keep wondering if this was being TOO effective, and that's why the study ended.)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hypnotize yourself. Seriously, it's easy. Carry a picture of the mouth, teeth or lungs of someone that smokes and the aftermath. Make it something horrific. Now tape this to the outside of your wallet or put it on your nicotine somehow. After about 500 times of looking at it and thinking how disgusting it is, you'll actually hypnotize yourself into not wanting it any longer.

This is process used by therapist as well. A lot of people call it other shit like self realization or visualization but what you're doing is getting your mind to keep that image in your head and associating it with nicotine in much the same way someone might get hypnotized. The only difference is you're doing it to yourself and you're in complete control and that its a process over time.

The best thing about this is that its not limited to people with low or high IQ. It will work for anyone on almost anything if you believe that it will. It obviously will not work if you dont stick with it and actively pursue wanting to quit.

10. Try increasing your intake of cannabinoids. CBD oil has helped a lot of people I know quit cold turkey! Best of luck!

11. If you consume alcohol at all. Quit that as well. You may have to quit drinking for an extended period of time if not for good. That is an insane amount of nicotine. I vape 3mg for fun every once an while but never was hooked on cigs or nicotine in any form.

• Like Like x 3
  12. i quit smoking cold turkey two years ago. after smoking for 20 years 30-50 cigarettes a day.
    i thought of quitting everyday for a very long time, then i booked an appointment at an acupuncture centre.
    i smoked my last cigarette outside that centre.

Smoked only weed for 2 years, february i got me a Mighty vaporiser, best $ i've spent (even though 'i've since had to RMA it).

I wish you the best of luck,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Allen Carr`s book might come in handy in this case. Try to read 'Easy way to stop smoking', it can help you to change your attitude about vape. Maybe, you should start smoking usual cigarettes instead of vape.

14. I don't do tobacco no more mate. Pure flower at a max of 210 C.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have you not tried buying juice online ebay? In UK its really expensive in shops etc. I was never a heavy smoker but cutting down your nicotine in the juice would help

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. four by pass surgery made me quit cigs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Put a rubber band on you wrist, every time you want nicotine snap that BITCH. I call it behavioral modification .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Can you elaborate on what this consisted of please

19. By Pass Surgery

20. Very informative