Quit to start over

Discussion in 'General' started by sneakersaddict, Nov 14, 2013.

1. #1 sneakersaddict, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm 19 years old and I am from Paris, France.
    This is my very first post so please forgive me if I didn't post it at the right place.

I have been smoking weed for two years, several times a day.
    As a real French stoner, I like to mix my weed with tobacco and usually mix 0.5 grams and a marlboro to roll one spliff. I usually start smoking at 6pm and I am never really craving it in the morning because I smoke until late at night. Yesterday I decided that I wanted to reduce the amount of weed I smoke because 2 grams a day is wayy toooo much. 
    If I write this post, it's because I consider myself having a problem. Indeed, Weed makes me hungry, but when I don't smoke it (before 6pm) I am not hungry at all! It has been more than a year and I lost a lot of weight. Moreover, when I decided to go to bed yesterday at 12am, I couldn't sleep until 4am!
    I also spend a lot of money on weed and it doesn't make me as high as I used to be.
    The last and most important issue I am facing is that when I speak to my family, I never smoke, I usually get angry very fast and shout at my mother for non-important reasons.
    I realize that marijuana made me that way and I want to go back to my "normal life". I would like to eat 3 times a day, and not once. I would like to sleep easily and more important, have a normal temper when I don't smoke.

It is really hard for me to stop smoking because I always have weed, and as a matter of fact, I love weed and I don't want to stop. I just want to reduce the amount of weed I smoke in order to be healthier.

I have heard that the best thing was to quit smoking for 3 weeks straight and then start over with smaller quantities. What do you think? Do you think I will still have all these symptoms if I continue smoking but not as much?
    I also heard that the THC withdrawal from your body depends on height and weight. I am very tall (6 foot 5 inches) and very skinny (62 kilograms), would you have a method adapted for my metabolism?

If any of you lived these experiences or know how to help, please help me!

Thank you very much,

2. Start decreasing the amount you smoke slowly over the next week or two. From 2gs a day down to 1g a day to none a day. Today is the last day of my month TBreak and it was hell. There really aren't any tricks to do it and I had and I mean down to the very point, every symptom your saying. It sucks but I cut it off cold turkey and dealt with it. I realized I had a dependency on it and I'm glad I quit. Now time to start again but I'm gunna control it. Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

When you say you had all these symptoms, do they still last now after a month? or are you hungry again?
    I want to decrease the amount I am smoking but I am going back to France in 1 month and 1 week for a monthlong And it would be great if the symptoms disappeared by then, because I don't want my family to find out about my addiction.

I know I ask for a lot, but would you let me know the difference between before you quit and when you are going to smoke again? I mean could you tell me if the symptoms come back after starting again?

Thanks

PS:

I have been stoned to this song many times and I don't really see how this can help me fix my problem...

4. Tobacco is an appetite suppressant is it not? Try eliminating that first.

So you're saying I should quit smoking cigarettes and continue weed? 
    I know the best thing would be to quit both but I really can't !!

I am planning to stop mixing my bud with tobacco when I start over because I've heard the mix makes it even more addictive. 

Sleep and money are not major problems, I just want to be Happy and Fat ! :love: 
    Should I have high-calorie foods and drinks in order to gain weight fast? 
    Should I go to the gym to work out?  :confused:

Thanks

6. Im more saying start with eliminating tobacco at least a little at a time. Then start smoking weed less often or keep smoking if you feel different.

7. i cant think of anything better for quitting smoking than smoking weed

8. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I'd keep smoking weed. That might help keep your mind off the baccy. If you still want to quit weed after quitting tobacco you can do it and it'll be easier to quit wothout double cravings

10. Hey, thank you all for your answers but unfortunately, I haven't got the answers to my questions...

I will try to be clearer: 

I smoke a lot of weed everyday. If I stop smoking weed for 30 days and then smoke again but not everyday, maybe 2 or 3 times a week,
    Will I still feel the symptoms I am currently feeling today? (Appetite loss, sleeplessness, anger, etc...)

Again, I love weed and the only reason I want to stop it is to get healthier, do you know when the symptoms will disappear?

11. dude yes go to the gym really great for your confidence physic anc mind . i would also suggest dropping the tobacco.

12. If you take a break from weed and then start up again in a month or two, the symptoms you have now should not resurface as the THC will be out of your system. You're "starting from scratch" after all.

You'll also get super duper high the first time. :smoke:

Keep yourself busy. Decrease the amount you smoke over the next few weeks and then cut yourself off entirely. Part of your addiction has a lot to do with the tobacco you mix as well. Marijuana, while psychologically addicting, isn't near as physically addictive as cigarettes.

Bonnie chance. :)

13. Yes, take a break from smoking weed. If you cut back to a couple times a week, the withdrawal symptoms won't be there when you're sober. It can take about 3 days to a couple weeks for your body to regulate itself back to normal.

Why is everybody talking about tobacco...

Sent from my VS950 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thank you so much, now I feel reassured - I am going to stop weed completely and I think I'll now when the THC will be out of my system.
    I'll start over slowly and I hope my body enjoys it. 

One last question - I already started my break 2 days ago and I haven't been eating anything....
    When I smoked, I usually never ate lunch and waited for my first J to get something to eat. I realize now it was a horrible idea.
    Do you think my hunger will come back soon? I'm really worried about it because I am already too skinny and I don't want to look like a skeleton !  :lol:

Thanks again for your answers It means a lot to me! 

And yeah I still smoke cigarettes but I don't think I am going to stop that just yet!

15. Do you smoke cigarettes other than what you put in the spliffs?

16. 2 gs a day is wayyy toooo much?

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Yes I do but I usually didn't feel the need to smoke cigarettes when I smoked weed. Since my break started I smoke around 2 or 3 cigarettes a day...

And yeah, when you are nineteen and you've been smoking 2gs everyday for more than 2 years, you start to get tired of it. And you should know that 60 grams a month cost a lot of money!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Ya haha. So the reason you feel like smoking cigs now more than before is because you we're getting tobacco from the spliffs. You got addicted to the tobacco from that. Weed isn't addictive or very slightly if it is. I say start smoking weed and tobacco separately and you'll start noticing that the weed isn't what was getting you addicted, it wasn't causing you any of those problems, it was the tobacco. Yes 2g's a day is way too much but I think you smoked that much because you we're jonesing for the tobacco and just ended up smoking weed with it and thinking the weed was what you wanted.

I know it's hard but try to stop smoking cigs. I think the tobacco is your problem and you just ended up smoking too much weed cause you were addicted to the tobacco

Maybe you are right but how is it possible that my friends in France who smoke an entire cigarette pack everyday but don't smoke weed don't face these problems?
    I know for sure that cigarettes AND weed has a lot to do with my appetite, but for different reasons, if I smoke a cig before eating, I won't be hungry anymore. But if I smoke a joint, I will be starving! 
    So the absence of tobacco and weed in my system should bring back my hunger but I'm pretty sure that THC is stronger than nicotine about this. That's why I think I should stop weed FIRST and keep the tobacco for special occasions (like after meals or when I'm drunk)

By the way, I smoked cigarettes before I started weed and I didn't feel any change! 

So Yeah Iowa, I agree with you haha!