Quit smoking...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Katie26, Jul 8, 2011.

1. #1 Katie26, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    ...cigarettes
    ...if you want :eek:
    I used to smoke two packs a day. Everywhere, all the time...
    All my mind was taken... unacceptable %age of it... I'm not talking about health...
    I couldn't watch the movie without thinking "Is it over yet? I wanna smoke!"...
    I couldn't dance and have fun in some bar or restaurant because I'm busy outside smoking...
    Vegas would be my heaven - I can smoke everywhere! Woooo-hooooo!
    I was never lazy enough to go outside the worm house into the snow, rain, terrible winds... to smoke my addiction...
    I would take a walk at 2 o'clock in the morning, in dangerous neighborhood because I'm out of my cigarettes... It didn't matter what could happened to me...
    I would do everything for my lovely cigarette, my precious, my smallest but heaviest luggage...

Three years past since I held my last cigarette... It just got to me... It was interesting-kinda-funny feeling when I ashed it... I would know right the way it is my last one in my life like I would know my name... I felt free... So FREE [​IMG] and happy.......
    Yes, I had to do some extra work with my mind for some time (I agree with opinion that its all in there) but its totally worth it!
    I have so much time now, I feel like my mind is not filthy anymore... And I'm not talking about health... ;) I dont even want to smoke spliff when somebody offeres, I hate taste of it...
    So NO, thank you, I don't smoke... And I will never ever let myself do something like this to my life! Its just stupid!

Of course it is everybody's choice, I'm just telling my story...

2. Shit, you a poet??? That's some beautiful shit I just read.

I was at a party a couple days ago, we were passing around the bubbler, me and 6 others and I was the only one not smoking a cigarette. Someone questioned me about it they were like, "You don't smoke?"

I replied; "Only for my vitamins" and I pointed to the container of fresh bud on the table.

Kid looked at me like I was retarded. All I said was, "If you could go back in time and not smoke the first cigarette you've ever smoked, would you do it?"

Everyone gave me an instant "He's Right" type of face and the person who's bud we were smoking even packed me a bowl and was like, "Beautiful, man."

3. He he, that is funny :)))
    It's interesting that most of the people in the party were smoking... Maybe... Hmmm... What age were most of the people there?

You know, I've notice less and less people smoking cigarettes this days...
    I try not to bother them with "Stop it! that's bad for you!", I just feel sad...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You are absolutely right. ive struggled with cigs for years. im still young (in my 20s) and if i could go back to the first one i would have skipped it. i promise.

My addiction got started of me obviously being a dumbass. i did it out of curiosity. I wasn't "peer pressured" or anything. infact i was 100% alone when i had my first one. they were just lying around and i got curious as to what it was like.

now everyday im fighting to cut down less and less until i dont "need" (i know its in my head and only slightly physical) to smoke anymore.

i have good days...i have bad ones...the more "controlled" i keep my addiction the closer i feel to not needing them anymore.

i was a pack/pack and a half smoker at my worst.

now im down to single digit numbers of cigs (3-8 a day)..so its better but not good enough.. ive come real close to knocking the habit a few times but it sometimes feels impossible.

the patches and gums are just BS (they dont work) and i refuse to try chantix (or whatever its called) as ive heard too many horror stories of people trading one addiction (cigs) for another (the lozenge).

i feel the answer for me is e-cigs...now i just need to find a brand/maker that produces the most authentic smoking experience. most the ones i tried require you to suck it like a freakin di*k just to get a halfway decent amount of vapor.

not gonna cut it.

if i could get something that draws easily and provides a ton of vapor might work for me...i nearly quit using those things...then it got too hard to get vapor out of so i got pissed and went back to the analogs :(

anyone know a good ecig company/brand known for producing a product thats as close to a realistic smoking experience as possible??

But anyway...back on track. ur right. no one that smokes (that i know of anyway) doesnt wish they could go back and not pick up the habit.

mine i guess was my environment...my whole fam/gf smokes basically so they were always around and to this day ive rarely purchased a pack of smokes...so the fact they are basically free makes it REALLY hard to knock the habit.

5. I'm so glad you decided to stop smoking. Keep it up.

6. I dont get it. I bought a pack before smoked most of them then gave the rest away. And im not addicted ?????????

7. Different people have different addictive tendencies. Luckily, you and me are not receptive to nicotine in the way that many people are.

8. to justcallmesir

Hookah!
    Buy hookah and smoke some in the evenings... I think for some people it might work... I like smoking hookahs... I have one at home...
    And its not addicting since you cannot smoke it in the car, in the party... etc. And it takes time to "recharge" it...
    I like the taste as well...
    I know it has some nicotine, but its very little...

9. I'm the same way, I thought i was just weird =D

10. In my family runs the dreaded addiction gene and in my decades of existance I have never tried, touched, or ingested any tobacco product. Been offered spliffs, cigs, dip, all that shit. Many in my past and current family have a nicotine addiction, and im not dealing with that shit.

Stay clean OP, that was a very good statement that you made to them, and all the current tobacco smokers should ponder the same question.

11. Congrats OP! Quitting is such a hard thing to so once you're addicted. Today I quit cold turkey as well. I was smoking up to a pack or more a day. I have a very addictive personality. I felt as if I would never quit and from then on I realized it's all about your will power. The first 2 weeks are the worst, but it doesn't suck as bad after they're up.

I smoked my last cigarette last night after a bowl and I honestly don't miss it at all.

12. They were all my brother's friends, so they're in their late 20's early 30's. I'm 19 and Yeah, I have seen alot less people my age smoking Tobacco. Only people I really hangout with that do are my friends Matt and Dan, but they're both trynna pass Drug Tests.

@Sir: My sister smoked Tobacco for about 6 months when she was my age, she was able to stop by eating a peppermint flavored Lifesaver each time she felt the need for a cig.

Wrigley.com :: Life Savers

13. How is it going?
    Did you smoke lately? ;)

14. Well done OP. I'd like to quit cigarettes completely, but I don't see it happening to be honest. Not because I don't have the willpower, but because I only smoke weed in spliff form... I have to buy tobacco anyway to skin up, so I know I'd just end up smoking cigarettes when I feel the need for something to smoke. Especially when I'm drinking...

15. #15 Katie26, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh yeah... drinking... that is probably the hardest part... And kind friend around who would always share the cig with you... :))

16. Good on you man :) my mom struggled with quitting smoking for the longest time but she finally did it too. I was indeed proud of my momma when she quit a few years ago.

17. I've been smoking cigarettes for years, and I never smoke more than a pack a week. I love smoking though. Helps me relax when I'm in public, very stressful to have all those people around me ever since I had a panic attack. And it makes me look cool, too. That's always a plus, lmao.

18. I don't think smoking ciggs make u look kool, ciggs are pussy shit ! Now smoking crack will make u look kool :p

19. Smoking Crack is only cool if you're shooting heroin, snorting coke, drinking absinthe and driving at the same time.

Inhale - Shoot - Snort - Drink - Exhale - Accelerate

I recommend going at around 90-135 Mph

20. Cigarettes make you look cool if you have long shiny brown hair and a handlebar mustache/sideburns combo like me.

Fat kids with acne just look retarded.