Quit smoking weed.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bbmac7575, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Hi everyone. This is my first post. I'm not to up on any of the rules so I hope I don't offend anyone. Anyway i figured this would be the best place for this post because the overall message is my health. I'm 18, in college, and I've been smoking weed since I was 15 on and off. Once I graduated high school June 2013 I started toking daily. Why not right? I had more freedom, money, and power. Smoking weed caused those feelings to heighten too. Anyway ever since I began smoking heavily ( smoke At least 2g per day since June) I've noticed that I'm slower with my reactions and I have trouble making out words when I talk. I haven't always done this. It has also destroyed my wallet and motivation. I was an honor student all throughout high school and my grades aren't even a priority for me anymore. I really need a break. Summer ends on the 22nd so I figured why not buy the dankest stuff I can find and go out with a bang. I consider this to be the last week I toke during my entire college career. I really want this to work so I can get clean and not jump right back to it. Can someone help?

2. I don't know what to tell you man.  I smoke a fucking ton of weed but it's never caused me any problems.  I started smoking in high school and have never stopped for more than a month or so.  I have a master's degree, a really good job, an awesome wife, paid off cars, and a nice house.  I would really examine your life and see if it's the weed causing you issues or something else.  Good luck bro. 

3. Perhaps you were just smoking way too much? Two grams is enough for like 10 bowls. That's a lot to smoke in a day.

4. I find the same thing. If you smoke 10 bowls a day ya you're going to be dragged out and slow the next day. If you have 10 beer it's the same thing lmao.

So go back to toking once or twice a day (not monster buckets either) and sort yourself out

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Keep getting high.

Quit making excuses. Try harder :smoking:

6. I haven't smoked in like two weeks after being a daily (1-2 avg a day) toker. I've been smoking for 10 years pretty much straight aside fro a break or two of a few weeks here or there. It had always bothered me before, felt stressed out, insomnia, annoyance at stupid shit and stupid ppl. BUt honestly, since I just upped and stopped blazing, it literally hasn't bothered me at all. You really just have to be in the right mindset to and for yourself. Everyone's different, some poeple can take care of their shit and whatever, stay motivated, some can't. Certainly won't hurt to be straight for a week/month/etc.

7. Moderation in all things. Especially the things you put in your body.

8. Either im way to baked or this dude posted this in 1970?!?!? I havnt even smoked much can someone verify this date

9. Nvm its 1969

Attached Files:

10. I love how everyone's reaction to quit smoking weed is. Buy more weed. Lol

11. Try to switch to a sativa strain? Idk man. Getting high only helps me lol

12. you'll be smoking again in 3 months tops

i was in the same boat you are 3 months ago

13. #13 TheHighedPiper, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    its you not the weed just practice self management bro. . .but ever since i got in trouble with the law and havnt been able to smoke i will admit ive gotten much sharper, as well as better grades. hah

but i would just smoke less and less until things improve.

Worst timing ever. Weed smoking is for college, not highschool! You got your weeducation all confused.

15. #15 Immortality, Oct 31, 2013
    I was smoking a ridiculous amount my senior year and I noticed similar symptoms in myself. I'd stutter quite a lot and would feel extremely slow in my head. It was messing with me with sports and such too. However, whenever I'd quit for like a week, I'd feel completely back to normal. 

Since then I smoke much less (3-4 times a week, about 4-5 grams a week), and I've never had that issue since. I'm attending college at the moment just like you. Just practice moderation bro. Take a little break, and go easier. There's no need to smoke 2 grams a day unless you have a high tolerance.

16. I'm with you, except I didn't start so early. I love smoking, but keep it together. Have a Master's, great job, wife and family, car and house.
    Life is good, and even better with weed - if you take care of business first.
    If you aren't paying bills and scraping to buy weed, stop the weed first, but if everything else is getting taken care of, enjoy.

One life. This isn't a test run.

17. #17 cothrantyson, Oct 31, 2013
    It's all in your head, I think you are experiencing a placebo effect. All these anti-drug websites will be leading you to believe that marijuana has immediate effects on your brain. I have been smoking since my sophomore year of high school, and have been smoking everyday for the past couple of years. I am a freshman at a competitive private college, and just aced a couple of my midterms (I'm on the quarter system). Chill bro, nothing is physically wrong with your brain. I know a lot of really intelligent stoners, and I know from a friend that a survey showed that like 30% of the people at Harvard (I don't go there btw), another top notch university full of the world's most intelligent kids, admitted to smoking bud. If you truly believe that weed is affecting you in a negative way, than you will try to look for all of the signs that confirm that belief. However, if you relax and realize that many of the most intellectual/successful people in the world smoke(d) (steve jobs, stephen king, the past 3 presidents of the U.S., etc) and unsterstand that all of your "symptoms" are in your mind, then you can enjoy weed and school at the same time :smoke:

18. People who toke are quick to dismiss anything negative that might be said about weed and it's affects on life.. I am going through this right now with my roommates. Not everyone has a supreme control over their actions and feelings and I know I for one am someone who loses control when I smoke weed and certainly aren't anywhere near as productive as I can be nor do I feel confident enough to go out and be social and build on my life.. it all gets pushed to the side as I sit there eating too much food and doing random shit.

I say good for you for quitting, it shouldnt be something that provokes criticism and may be viewed as unreasonable.. weed is a personal thing and it certainly isn't required to live a productive life - infact I envy my peers that don't ever touch it but are still just as cool and sucessful as anyone else i know.

19. No shit 2 g's a day lol I smoked .5 a day bro.. moderation is key for everything

20. I want to be like you wtf do u do