quit smoking to be a cop!!! WHAT???

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by erizzle, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Yeah i have made this decision a couple of weeks ago to quit smoking and join the police department. It seems weird but its sumthin that i have kinda always wanted to do, it will be a job where sumthin different happens everyday. I will def not get people in trouble for smoking tho cuz i know they arent harming anyone, and that weeds the shit. It does suck to stop smoking but i have been smoking that spice shit lately and its pretty good. Anyway just thought i would share this... later

2. word. Its cool as long as your not busting someone for buds.. :cool: \
    remember its to protect and serve not to harrass people for nuggets

3. But if you encounter teenagers who think they're hot shit with their schwaggy 1.3 dubs then definitely show them whats up.

4. and when they try to resist, slam their head on the hood and show 'em what's up. sounds like a good time haha. I hate those people :p

5. #5 zpyro, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    Good luck even getting through the hiring process, it's a bitch. The training is no joke, as well. I hope you're prepared, that's a pretty big deal you're getting into.

"I will def not get people in trouble for smoking tho cuz i know they arent harming anyone, and that weeds the shit."
    While you enjoy some discretion, in many places weed is still as bad as black tar heroin and if you're found to be letting stoners go you'll likely be let go as well.

Keep in mind that they will most likely psych test you, which is where many, many, many applicants fail. A lot of it is bullshit, but it's supposed to weed out those who are mentally unfit to be a police officer. Of course it doesn't always work, but you need to realize it's not like getting any other job and you'll likely fail, at least at first. Looking at your posts, I would probably put money on you not getting in. Granted it's just how you type/what you type, but you come across as kinda immature to be applying. I only say this because I've gone through the process myself. I applied back when I was 20/21 and just was not prepared. Even without all the illegal stuff I've done since then, I likely still wouldn't get in. Your smoking habit will most likely also DQ you. While they don't necessarily look for people who have never done any kind of drug, they will probe into your drug habit and see that it's not just a one-time, experimental kid thing. When you make it a habit, you're showing them you have no problem willingly violating the law on a habitual basis. Sure, it's just weed, but I'm not the one making the rules :p That is the kind of thing that comes out during the psych evaluation and/or background check. They're going to want names, addresses and phone numbers of neighbors wherever you've lived, teachers, etc. which is a bitch if you've moved a ton like I have. They're going to put you in a room with a cop and a lie detector and ask you questions for a few hours, often asking questions that sound different but if you answer differently/inconsistently they'll fail you. They'll ask about your drug habits and whatever else they want (I think I heard one question was asking if you look at your shit in the toilet when you're done. Seriously.), since you're on the lie detector you either lie and fail, or tell the truth and probably still fail.

It's a tough gig to get, and you have to "fit the profile," so to speak, but good luck anyways.

6. good luck. im % 100 sure you will be able to do it, if you believe you are fit for the job.
    2 of my brothers are cops. and i might go for that too. good luck. 100% belief is the key.

7. well zpyro i really don't understand how my typing makes u feel like im coming off as immature that's kinda a shitty thing to say. I just hate typing, and i like to put stuff short and sweet. But i appreciate all the info on that stuff, and i also live in Jacksonville North Carolina, so police dept is kinda easy to get in here or, soo ive heard from a few of my friends who are in the police dept, its just a lot of physical requirements. and Daillestel thanks i appreciate your comment to.

8. #8 zpyro, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    I can 100% believe I sing well, and still make an ass of myself on American Idol because I truly can't sing. Go watch it, you'll see all kinds of people who are deluded into thinking they can do whatever they want to do, simply because they "believe." It just isn't true in the real world. Contrary to the pussification upbringing most people seem to have, "just believe in yourself!" is NOT going to get you everywhere you want to be. You need to actually have some skills/abilities in that certain field into which you are going, and law enforcement is no different.

I'm not talking about your grammar, necessarily. More the content of your posts. Just how you act comes across as immature, especially when we're talking about applying to be a police officer. I'm not saying I'm never immature or I never was, as a matter of fact I was just as immature a few years ago. It's just part of growing up.

It's called tough love, bro. I'm not about to tell you it's gonna be all fun and games, it's not. They're going to be just as blunt and honest there when it comes down to it, so start getting used to it. Most places are paramilitary, to be honest I don't know anything about the particular dept to which you're applying but at least around here there are plenty of people yelling and screaming at you, making sure everyone knows you fucked up when you do, etc. As I said, good luck anyways.

9. who doesnt?

10. ^^ that's what I thought, too. I still don't understand WTF that question is for, like how it's supposed to weed people out :confused: Maybe most people really do, and they're trying to weed out the people who just shit and run? I dunno

11. gotcha zpyro i understand bro, ill be 21 in a few months i cant join until then anyway soo i gotta little maturing to do, but really i do appreciate the info and the good luck.