Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quit Smoking Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PcStonerGeek911, May 27, 2012.

1. #1 PcStonerGeek911, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    Hey guys. I've been smoking for about 2 years. I was a very infrequent user with a high metabolism and I've quit smoking on the 8th of May. I smoked on the day I quit smoking (made my self a promise to not smoke after this last time). I took a home drug test on the 20th and passed. I have been wanting to join the Air Force. I know their tests are more accurate than this simple home test I bought and I wanted to know how much longer I should wait for almost all of it to be out of my system. I've been working out and getting ready for BMT, drinking fluids, multivitamins and whatever I can do to get most of the THC out and also get ready for basic.
    I don't want to hear people talking about "You shouldn't be in the military if you going to smoke pot" because I am done for good and made a good decision to quit because I want to join the usaf and be proud of what I do. I don't even think about smoking anymore but the thought of the shit being in my system worries me.
    I graduate from high school soon also and I want to call my recruiter soon and take my asvab soon also.
    Do you guys think I would be good if I waited another week or 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. You should totally be in the military.

And keep smoking pot.

Be a pioneer.

Just think, if every stoner that smoked was able to join the Air Force, why, that would be a whole lot more recruitable people.

You should wait until after you graduated high school.

3. #3 PcStonerGeek911, May 27, 2012
    Haha, I would keep smoking If I could. But they are very strict about that stuff. If I fail a drug test, they will release me and I would never ever be able to go back. I would also get a record and I will be fuckkked. :/
    Also, my future will be ruined. Being in the USAF would be my LIFE. :)

4. OP. I was in the military at one point in my life. I returned to smoking pot on an exodus leave. 25 Sierra (SatCom) w/ a 40k Bonus after AIT was in my contract.

I fucked it all up, and honestly... I wish I was still in the US. Army.

Join.

If I knew what I did now at 23 at 20 when I joined. I'd still be in the armed forces. Fuck marijuana, you go ahead and service the United States. I've got mad respec for people in the armed forces after what I've been through,

5. I would give it a few months after smoking, like 3. Just to be safe, wouldn't want to get barred since pretty soon (or maybe already) they won't be accepting people with waivers/most waivers.

I'm joining the USAF too man! Next spring though.

6. Yeah, but they only do that drug test on entry.

Just start up after that.

Plus what they are really screening for is other unmentionable things.

7. Yeah, being a disposable tool for the government is a really kushy position, isn't it? [excuse the pun]. Bet you're kicking yourself for losing out on that job opportunity in your early-20s in this day and age. Don't blame the cannabis though, blame the justice system and the human-flawed laws that rule it.

8. No, you get drug tested just about every week or so. And weed will still get you kicked out, no warnings no 2nd chances...

9. my girlfriends brother is in the air force and has never been tested. he still quits smoking a month before he goes back to base though.

10. #10 shroomkid, May 27, 2012
    You are an idiot.

[​IMG]

Name calling and disrespect are not tolerated here - WW

11. Kill some sand people cheeeyah

12. [quote name='"shroomkid"']

You are an idiot.

[/quote]

Lol explain...

13. you're awesome, its good to hear somebody talk who has his priorities straightened out. join the AF and never smoke again aslong as you are in the military, because you don't want to risk your job because of weed, it's not worth it. Go Get Them Tiger! ;)

14. How fuck marijuana. Smoking marijuana and fighting for it to be legal should be more important than fighting in what will most likely be a fake fucking war lol

Maybe I have a fucked up perspective as I'm not from the USA. (I have been to your country a few times but and loved it)

15. #15 DJMax, May 27, 2012
    Who told you that bullshit? I've gotten tested about every other month. But this depends on what unit you are with. They test for weed, and everything else, even prescription drugs. And actually, their screening for THC is more strict than civilian drug tests.

The only thing they dont test for is steroids

The frequency you get tested depends on your unit, same with whether you get kicked out. I know people who popped on the piss test and were able to stay in, and I also know people who got kicked out.

16. [quote name='"shroomkid"']

How fuck marijuana. Smoking marijuana and fighting for it to be legal should be more important than fighting in what will most likely be a fake fucking war lol

Maybe I have a fucked up perspective as I'm not from the USA. (I have been to your country a few times but and loved it)[/quote]

Joining the air force is doing something with your life, people hate but we do need people to join our military. Stop for 4 years, get a degree while you're in (AF has a community college type thing), get college money, and get paid alot so you can set up a massive grow as soon as you're out! (that was an excited exclamation point)

17. Most of you have given me good responses and information. All I know is that I'm not going back to smoking weed WHILE in the military. I may start again when I retire though :). I'm definitely looking forward to starting basic soon and won't let weed fuck my plans up. Just needed to know if I would be clean by then and now I got it figured out. THanks :D

18. [quote name='"PcStonerGeek911"']Haha, I would keep smoking If I could. But they are very strict about that stuff. If I fail a drug test, they will release me and I would never ever be able to go back. I would also get a record and I will be fuckkked. :/
    Also, my future will be ruined. Being in the USAF would be my LIFE. :)[/quote]

Not saying you shouldn't try because it's always nice to have a dream, but I was interested when I was a teen and was upfront with the recruiter about my use because I wanted to know how far I could get. He said more than 10 times is considered habitual use and barrs you from entry. If you are ever trusted with classified information then they do extensive background checks including polygraphs. If they find out you lied it's a discharge.

That was 5 or 6 years ago and maybe it was just the guy I talked to. Something to think about though.

19. That's good you quit smoking marijuana. It's bad for you.

20. Congrats on finding a goal, that in and of itself is good. but just exercise drink a lot of water, tea, cranjuice and wait at least like 3 months before you go in. If you do go in and find yourself wanting to blaze, do it right after a random drug test.