Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick question on price

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dragonace, Apr 21, 2011.

1. I've got a buddy picking up some weed for me tomorrow, and he just called me and told me the price. I asked him to get me an 1/8th of the best shit his hookup had and he was quoted $75. In the past I've gotten an 1/8th for about $50, so if this is some good quality weed would $75 be considered a decent price? I know prices differ from region to region but I'm just curious if this seems like a rip off or not. I'm buying it for now cause I have no choice since I have no other hookups, but if its a rip off then I'll look elsewhere for my next hookup.

Just a bit of background, my buddy is a lot older than me and is very old school, he just smokes what he can get, hes not picky. He just wants to be high to get thru the day. He knows nothing about different strains and shit. So he has no clue what hes getting me. However I just called and asked him to find out what hes getting for me so hopefully that will clarify a bit.

2. I get 1/8ths of dankity dank for $25-30 canadian, so for me thats a bad deal..

For that price you could be getting quarter oz, but then again we are from different areas most likely.

3. Yeah I know prices differ from are to area, so I may not get a firm yes or no on this question. But at least I'll get a general idea of what the price should be.

4. its expensive.... i personally wouldnt pay 22/g but like you said its all you can get. if its some real good shit it could end up being an acceptable buy

5. : /
    would look elsewhere if
    were you

6. You readily admit that you understand that prices vary by region, but then you neglect to indicate where exactly you are buying. That would probably help determine whether or not you are being ripped off a little, or ripped off a lot.

1/8th = 3.5 g's. I'm in Maryland, and a g of dank goes for $20 if you're getting it from a random dealer. 3.5*20= $70. You should be paying less per g as you increase quantity. You, however, would be paying about $21/$22 per g, while buying in "quantity". You are getting ripped off.

7. #7 Dragonace, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
    Sorry you're right I didn't mention where I'm at. I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Well if my other buddy who got me the 1/8th for $50 did not have such a weird work schedule, I could go back to him but he hardly ever has enough free time to pick any up, much less be available for me to pick it up from him.

8. Ah, this bit of clarity allows me to make inferences about this gentleman. He probably gets taken advantage of quite often because he doesn't know what he's getting, and isn't familiar about the markup and normal prices for weed.

The only time I've heard of someone paying $75 for an eighth is in New York City, and that was because it was great stuff. I live on the East Coast of the US, where it's pretty expensive, but the most I've ever paid was $65 an eighth for excellent headies.

Prices per eighth in my area:
    Headies: $65
    KB: $45-50
    Mids: $20-25

I guess it's situational. If you really want bud and you can afford it, go for it. I know I wouldn't buy it just because I don't feel it's worth it. Get this guy educated though so he stops getting ripped off, especially if $75 an eighth is what he pays normally.

9. :) I'm not familiar w/ Atlanta prices, but I can imagine that from a regular drug dealer you can expect to pay $20 per g (if you were buying a single g.) Basically it comes down to whether or not you're willing to pay $75 for an eighth. If its worth it to you, then go for it...but compared to what you "should" be getting for that price, you aren't getting what you're paying for.

If I was in your situation, I would probably walk away from the deal just because I hate allowing dealers to think that they can get away charging prices that are completely above and beyond what they should be.

You'll see lots of people on the boards saying that they would never pay over $20 for ANY gram of weed, no matter if its the dankity-dankiest shit they've ever laid their eyes on.

10. Most I have paid for an 1/8th was $65. I wouldnt pay more than that though..

11. Prices per eighth in my area:
    Chronic: 60$
    Mids: 20-30$

12. #12 Dragonace, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
    Sorry double post. IPhone app keeps timing out.

13. Thanks guys, I got my answer. I walked away.

I called my other buddy and he's off tomorrow so I'm getting an 1/8th for $50

14. an1/8th is worth $70 at the max

15. $60 is the most you should ever pay. He's probably charging extra for getting it for you.

16. I walked away and told my friend that $75 is overpriced, hopefully he'll take that info and either bargain down a bit or find a new dealer for his own supply.

17. i buy 1/8ths of fire for 60

18. In texas an eighth of dank is 60-65